It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush, "Americans are safer", except for...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Earlier today, President Bush in his speech from Oak Ridge, Tennessee stressed that Americans are safe eight times while attempting to continue to justify invading Iraq. However, a conflicting story on this same day also discusses his policy of preemptive strikes in the face of faltering intelligence.

financialtimes.printthis.clickability.com
President George W. Bush said on Monday his administration would maintain its policy of pre-empting potential security threats despite growing doubts over the adequacy of US intelligence to assess such dangers.

In a speech at the Oak Ridge nuclear facility in Tennessee, Mr Bush made clear he would not rethink the approach after Friday's damning report by the Senate intelligence committee. The report concluded that the Central Intelligence Agency made serious errors in asserting that Saddam Hussein's Iraq possessed or was developing weapons of mass destruction.

While acknowledging that the report "has identified some shortcomings in our intelligence capabilities", he said that would not cause him to reconsider the approach that led the US to invade Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So intelligent people will need to wonder which of President Bush's stories are correct. Are the "American people safer" or is there a growing thread in which an inept and ill-prepared administration is scrambling to gloss over their mistakes?

An intersting spectrum of rhetoric for one day.

Related News Links:
www.aljazeerah.info
www.boston.com
www.thespeciousreport.com

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Nerdling]

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Bush
While acknowledging that the report "has identified some shortcomings in our intelligence capabilities", he said that would not cause him to reconsider the approach that led the US to invade Iraq.

The man is nuts.

What he is saying is, I may have bad intelligence, but I don't care. I will murder, maim and blow things up if the mood strikes me, the hell with right and wrong.

Its time for him to be put in the padded room where they do not allow scissors.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Some time back, Bush admitted (unbelievably for a world leader, imo) that he 'doesn't read the newspapers'. Now, if his intelligence is bad, just where exactly is he getting his world-view? He hasn't traveled much before he was president.. so is it all just what his handlers tell him? Frightening.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I see it this way if he was not sure about the intelligent he received he had a choice to wait before invading Iraq, it was not a death or life issue.

He turn it into a crusade that had back fire on him and make him look bad.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why you might ask? Because I don't BUY any of it! But, I DO buy handguns and I run my business in an ETHICAL WAY.

Ethics, there's an oft neglected word that should be paramount in our society! Ethics are what seperates the "thinking" men/women from the beasts. The crooks from the honest! Ethics are what our governmental system has shunned in exchange for the VOTES, IMHO...

To think that we are served by TWO parties is to beleive that Helter Skelter had ethics imo...

m...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
newspapers of today are full of lies, i can prove it to just about anybody. just so happens im not going to go out of my way to show anybody.

our president is beginning to remind me of saddam hussein. this also sounds like something that nut adolf hitler would spill...

what has our big brother as an influence...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
He doesn't need the FBI, he doesn't need the CIA, he doesn't need Military Intelligence, he has God talking to him.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre:
"CIA, CIA, We don't need no STINKING CIA"

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Man, no matter how much Bush #s up, no matter how many people he kills, no matter how many lies he gets caught out on, there will always be those idiots who will follow him blindly coz he's a republican... thats the problem with alot of your voters is they dont follow the candidate or the policies, they follow the party. But oh well its not my country so i dont have to feel guilty when your prez decides the red button under his desk looks pretty and decides to see what it does.

Basically what he's doing here is trying to make people think he hasnt made the world a more dangerous place (which he has), but at the same time trying to tell everyone theworld is a more dangerous place because when people are scared they will give up their opinions and freedoms for security... so he's trying to win both sides by saying the exact opposite thing...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
specialasianX,

I agree with you "Americans are safer" except, as long as you remaind in US soil, onces you step out of US borders, you become a target.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
specialasianX,

I agree with you "Americans are safer" except, as long as you remaind in US soil, onces you step out of US borders, you become a target.

i couldn't agree more too. i like to travel and see other parts of the world, and yet every day bush seems to be making sure there's less and less places i can go as an american and feel welcome. i don't want to take a bullet for his policies.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just think if Bush Co. had courted the UN instead of flipping them a finger, at least we'd share in wearing the egg on our face instead of wearing the entire dozen. Dubya's handling of this entire situation (right or wrong) is that of a spoiled, rich "oil" kid who's used to getting his way - the only difference now is his toys are too dangerous - and it's time to remove him from the toy room.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
koji_K,

Don't worry just get yourself a fake passport from South America and call yourself a national from another country, and you will be fine.

top topics

join