It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look at these photos i just took !!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

As a very experienced photographer, these were clearly caused by a long shutter speed, high iso (creates alot of grain) and low aperture (lens wide opened), i can create these any night. Thanks for asking though.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
slow shutter speed or not these things in the sky are weird , what settings do i have to change to get a good photo then

It really depends on how dark it really is, this link should help... its alot of reading, but learning to use the camera correctly can take time and many many rolls of film... hopefully your using digital

www.cambridgeincolour.com...
edit on 28-1-2011 by sm0k3 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

yea it digital, was in night mode these things are in the sky,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

i took the picture and checked them out i was all kindsa baffled why are they all squiggly?

Hey matrix, I remember a similar phenomenon known as the Stevensville Lights in Texas, and I thought it was pretty cool, and who knows right? Later that year I was shooting pics at night out on my deck, without a tripod. When I uploaded the pics, I noticed the same rainbow snakes in some of the pics. So, what I did, and would encourage you to try, is went outside and found the brightest objects and began taking pictures, steady and some with intentional subtle motion/shaking. Use the same setting as original shots. It does not take much movement to make it happen. See if you get the same effect. Hope that helps...

For a better shot, max out your shudder speed at 1000 and maybe set your camera on night mode. Oh yea, consider getting a tri-pod too.

peace,
spec
edit on 28-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
Shakey hands and slow shutter speed me thinks...

EDIT: Or long exposure time, or something...I have no idea, but I know I'm right.

yep, u nailed it.
long exposure time and shutter speed
creates these pretty pics.

I made the same mistake when
I first got my camera and used
the wrong setting for night shots.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

nothing to see here
move along folks

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/870e50535848.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 1/28/2011 by boondock-saint because: added url

link   

automatic settings in most digital cameras wont always work correctly... do you have a tripod? if not, that is step 1... never shoot at night without one!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

the camera takes good pics , its a good cam , i saw these things in the sky and thought i would put them here for people to look at , insulting me is bs i wasnt trying to fool anyone, so you dont have to be a @sshole about dude

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

the camera takes good pics , its a good cam , i saw these things in the sky and thought i would put them here for people to look at , insulting me is bs i wasnt trying to fool anyone, so you dont have to be a @sshole about dude

I hope that shot wasn't at me, I'm just trying to help!

Anyway, without a tripod, anything you shoot will look like this, the slightest tremble in your hand will make dots appear as shoelaces in the air.

either set the camera down and use a time tigger or get a tripod. That will solve your problems.

Id really like to see these lights, minus the squiggles hehe

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sm0k3

no it was not directed at you lol, and thanks for the help, i did shoot a video of the lights and am going to post it in a sec hold on.

also i figured out a setting on the cam that prevents the squigs ima take some more shots hold up
edit on 28-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by sm0k3

no it was not directed at you lol, and thanks for the help, i did shoot a video of the lights and am going to post it in a sec hold on.

also i figured out a setting on the cam that prevents the squigs ima take some more shots hold up
edit on 28-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

Alright, ill check them out in a bit, I gotta run out for about 10 minutes...
edit on 28-1-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I looked at Pic #1, then went to the last one.

#1? Out of focus, orangish star or planet?

Last one? Too long exposure, camera shake and the point of light (whitish star/planet) draws the "lines".

Someone with the expertise to pull up your EXIF info should be along shortly....assuming it can be captured from the photobucket site? I have no idea....but, I know those kinds of pics, when I see them, because I have taken many like that...unintentionally, usually, because of accidental shutter release, or wrong settings.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ok i hope i got better photos this time, give me a sec ,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Your camera is fixed on a light....and the result is shaky movement....long exposure...shutter speed...or all of the above.

It is common for people to make "art" using these techniques.

Sorry to say but this is very common and really nothing extra ordinary....
edit on January 28th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you actually saw these rope like forms in the sky the explanation would be a tether that broke or was released in orbit. If you saw points of light and the pictures showed squiggly lines rather than dots, it's obviously shutter speed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

These look strikingly similar to a star photographed without flash. The camera compensates by having a slightly longer exposure, and this is the result usually. I'd imagine that it they were taken from a tripod, without a timer delay, and with an exposure time that's a tad longer than daylight exposure.

if you notice how the lines seem to want to converge around a central point, that indicates the camera is mounted and the mount is flexing in an attempt to stabilize after feeling pressure from the finger used to trigger the camera.

I'd imagine this is how it played out, you saw a star, wanted to get a picture of it, and set your camera up. You then zoomed in, snapped the picture, and saw the resulting image.
Just my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
they're UFO'S .they everywhere they move extreamly fast that's why you got the lines and blurr.happened to me too. nice pics tought.keep lookin up...because they coming more n more

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Picture #4

[Image]
Image Description = OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make = OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Model = FE47,X43
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 314
Y Resolution = 314
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = ib 1.1
Date Time = 2011-01-28 16:14:47
YCbCr Positioning = centered
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 254

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 2"
F Number = F5.6
Exposure Program = Creative program
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2011-01-28 18:56:44
Date Time Digitized = 2011-01-28 18:56:44
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F3.6
Metering Mode = CenterWeightedAverage
Light Source = unknown
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 31.5mm
User Comment =
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 4288
Exif Image Height = 3216
File Source = DSC
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Digital Zoom Ratio = 4x
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 180mm
Scene Capture Type = Night scene
Gain Control = High gain up
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Normal
Sharpness = Normal

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

to all of you insinuating that matrix is having you on/faking this,
I have one question: have you had all of your shots?

----------------- "I noticed that school children in mission schools who had been vaccinated for smallpox or measles could not see spiritual entities at all. A flying saucer would fly through the sky at great speed and be seen by many men and women but the children who had been vaccinated would see nothing and I noticed this hundreds of times." ---- CREDO MUTWA ---- --------------------- "We were told that there was a great smallpox epidemic coming to the land and all the children must be vaccinated. My grandfather used to say that the white man's vaccination makes you blind and if you are to look after the cattle you must not go to the trading store to get your vaccination. "Inspectors used to come and check each child for signs of vaccination. Our grandmother used to give us great pain in order to save our spiritual eyes. Grains of maize would be heated up and pushed against the skin of the child, and so when the schools inspectors came he saw the blisters and assumed the child had been vaccinated…and I noticed that school children in mission schools who had been vaccinated for smallpox or measles could not see spiritual entities at all. -------ZULU CREDO MUTWA ------------------------------------------------------------------------

if so, you will never see one

here are videos of similar sightings the "camera tricks" excuse doesn't fly in these cases

Living Creatures from space coming into our Atmosphere

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

geez, ISO=400
that's a dead give away right there
lmao

thanks for the EXIF

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join