It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfLookout

I know I said I would not participate in this thread again,but I had to respond to yours, you, and others on this page have hit the nail on the head.

However, I had a discussion with my daughter earlier about this thread, because I was truly hurt by some of the comments, particularly from TheWalkingFox, who has decreed me as a racist and a bigot, when that is the last thing that I am. And I do wonder if it is because I am white and not apparently in the midst of a struggle (though in fact, my life is far from simple!) that I am being targeted for abuse! I logged back on to read the new comments on the thread, and to my delight, I saw that my daughter (who only joined this site as I had recommeded it to her and has only posted a couple of times) had posted the most awesome and appropriate video, that really says it all!

Every time you accuse someone else of being a bigot and a racist, how bigoted and racist are you being yourself?

That is all/

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfLookout

Originally posted by something wicked
Being Muslim doesn't preclude you from being English, one is a faith, the other is a nationality. The Daily Mail sport coverage is pretty good, but it wears its politics on its sleeve and it certainly doesn't miss a chance to put a less than positive message across about the teachings of Islam.

No, being English is an ethnicity. The English are the indigenous people of England.

People are calling this a religious issue, when it is clearly a racial issue.

I for one don't support the takeover of Tibet by the Chinese, so why would I support a Pakistani colonisation of England? The religious conflict is just one serious symptom of the problem.

en.wikipedia.org...

You reap what you sew, karma's a bitch - many ironic phrases to choose from!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

hi there ! what video are you referring to ? on this thread ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by KingDoey

Hi king yes mate your right but like I said a Muslim has never forced his religion on me and ive lived in 3 countries been to france been to Morocco lived all over UK swindon rochdale maidenhead portsmouth etc etc .

ps ive spent many a weekend in Bournemouth great place but you need to worry about OAPS not muslims lol .

Yeah mate and thats fair enough. It doesn't bother me as such but what I am saying is that as soon as ANYONE tried to force their unwanted beliefs upon me i will resist. They are entitled to worship who or whatever they want and as long as I have nothing to do with it I don't mind.

There is loads of skirt in bournemouth fam, you just need to be near the university ;-). You sre you weren't in wareham lol

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

The one posted on the last page by erotyka (ok so I'm not overly approving of her username, but hey she is her own person and she can live her life as she pleases, she doesn't steal, cheat, lie etc and she believes her sexual preferences to be on the homo (or lesbian) side of the spectrum

I love her to bits, I think she is the most awesome person ever and as long as she is happy, that is what is important to me.

I hope that this will inform TheWalkingFox as to my true beliefs and intentions that I am most certainly not a bigot, if I accept that my own daughter is gay and from that, I am no racist either

peace

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

lmao . yes i was in bournemouth , the harry ramsdens opposite the beach , the park close by with the squirrels lol . yes your right nice ladies there . lol
on topic , I'm with you noone will tell me i have to believe in anything . thats my choice only !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I cant see anyone with that name and i checked last 3 pages , oh well !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Thanks for your comments.

I find it's generally a good sign that you've made some great points when people resort to name calling.

Everyone has the right to stand up for their own people and future.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You know that ATS if a rough place. You should stick around but just toughen up. I am sure that if you could see the faces behind the keyboards you would realise that they are ordinary people and not mass murderers. Much as I like ATS posting on threads is not the same a face to face discussion. If I had seen you getting upset by whatever I was saying I would have toned it down. I want to win you over not bash you over the head. I feel most people are good but we all must test our ideas.

Peace to you and yours.

PS I don't have all of the answers but I want global peace.
edit on 1-2-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erotyka
Having read the thread, this song reminds me of EVERYONE on this thread, whether you're white, black, asian, european, N. american, S american... Excuse the animation on it.

Here's my grow'd up baby...she is awesome..(for those who couldn't find the link - but I think it is worthy of posting again anyway)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Yep. Everybody has an opinion and a viewpoint. Frankly I dont give a rat's butt if they agree or disagree. I express what I know about a particular thread and in the process of reading the responses, I learn a great bit about the thread itself. This definitely helps remove few doubts and questions that might have been pending inside my head. But this particular thread is about the change in the race or ethnicity of a population in a country. I am sure people are concerned about losing their way of living or the changes in the culture (British Culture) that it might bring along with political changes in addition to being represented as a Minority due to the population figure in one's own home country. The government will eventually have to change the immigration laws if its worried too much about the caucasion/native brits from becoming a minotiry in their own country. However I am not sure why the laws are such in UK. Is it because they screwed almost 3/4 of the world's countries and their resources at one point when the British Empire thrived? Is it because they feel sorry for their monarchy that enslaved 3/4 of the world that they have similar immigration laws as the US? US is a relatively new country compared to UK. In the same retrospect, Japan, Germany and other countries do not worry too much about their race becoming a minority in their own country. Why?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
reply to post by hp1229

This might not be documented but I heard it from my grandfather when I was a kid.
well its over then your right were wrong obviously end of story .

I dont care what you think. I know my grandfather wasnt making things up or lyeing. He was simply passing the information that was passed along to him by his grandfather. It is a growing concern not just in UK but all over the world. It is evident and documented in History books around the world about the numerous efforts by several Muslim kingdoms to conquer, thrive and flourish in the hopes to spread the religion of Islam. What do you think is happening with the Sharia Law in UK? I never thought it will be approved and practiced in UK. But that is UK. US is a different story. However it remains to be seen.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

allo allo voice ... i will say theez only once !
Im more concerned about zionists than muslims .
Part of the nwo is to deceive, manipulate , play us off each other .
but the real enemy is the government . its as simple as that .

The problem is , by the time everyone realises this it will be too late .

MICROCHIP POPULATION . l

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfLookout

No, being English is an ethnicity. The English are the indigenous people of England.

People are calling this a religious issue, when it is clearly a racial issue.

Actually, if you take English as an ethnicity, as you do, then the English are NOT the indigenous people of 'England'. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes, (the Anglo-Saxons) the Germanic tribes who constituted the ethnically 'English' were INVADERS of the land they seized from the native Celts and later called 'England'. These ethnic 'English' are NOT indigenous to Britain, but are indigenous to Germany and Denmark.

'English' and 'England' derive from 'Angeln' in Germany, the homeland of the Angles.

I for one don't support the takeover of Tibet by the Chinese, so why would I support a Pakistani colonisation of England

The 'English' left their homeland in Germany and invaded and colonized the island of Britain, creating
'England'. Therefore you can't use any appeal to supposed English ethnicity and imagined racial right to the land, when in fact the ethnically English held no more right to the land than Muslims do today.

In short, a racial angle (excuse the pun) doesnt support your argument.

However, the modern 'English', regardless of their varied ethnic origins, did not call for or approve immigration of huge numbers into their country with little or no thought or concern for the consequenes, that I do agree with. But the fault is with Government which acted without regard for the will of the people they are supposed to serve rather than the immigrants themselves.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
First, please accept my apologies but I really, really cannot be arsed to read 29 pages of what I am sure is full of racist bollocks.

Secondly,the assumption made in the OP source is slightly erroneous. It assumes the total population will remain static while the Muslim population grows within it, meaning that the Muslim proportion will grow to 10%. Typical Daily Mail spin.

By 2031, the UK population is expected to punch close to 70 milion in total, meaning the 5.5 Million Muslims will actually make up 7.8% which is much closer to their proportion today, with a slight increase up from around 5%. Typical Daily Mail BS to incite against Muslims, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The muslims are increasing at an exponential rate though, that's what the concern is, that many Muslims migrating to england are dependant immigrants who reap benefits and procreate like rabits.

I agree, the Daily Mail has Christian writers, you can see their own self-righteous ideology manifest in their writing, I wouldn't trust it, especially when the subject matter is regarding Muslims.

Still though, dependant migration needs to be addressed. And benefits and unemployment too.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Actually modern geneological studies show that the relatively small number of Angles, Saxons and Jutes that came over did not oust the previous population but rather intermarried and were assimilated. Only a few tens of thousands were ever here as they served as mercenaries for the Roman-British leaders after the fall of the Roman Empire.

But lets not get historical fact get in the way of a good stab at the English....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
The muslims are increasing at an exponential rate though, that's what the concern is, that many Muslims migrating to england are dependant immigrants who reap benefits and procreate like rabits.

No, they are not. Exponential expansion would mean that that for every Muslim around now, at least two are born. Such an expansion would yield a much higher population growth than what we're seeing. Also, the 2nd-3rd generation Muslims that are born and bred British do not have as many children as their parents do. Many go on to have careers, especially the women who, unlike their mothers, have used their new found freedom in this country to assert themselves and not just be a baby producing machine.

I agree, the Daily Mail has Christian writers, you can see their own self-righteous ideology manifest in their writing, I wouldn't trust it, especially when the subject matter is regarding Muslims.

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
Still though, dependant migration needs to be addressed. And benefits and unemployment too.

Indeed, but I do not believe it is as bad as being made out. Only spouses can legally come here when they marry a British citizen. They shouldn't be able to bring over Grandma, Grandad and the cousins too. Alot are here illegally and that is due to piss poor border control. Thankfully, the situation appears to be getting better in that regard over the last few years.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Malcram

Actually modern geneological studies show that the relatively small number of Angles, Saxons and Jutes that came over did not oust the previous population but rather intermarried and were assimilated. Only a few tens of thousands were ever here as they served as mercenaries for the Roman-British leaders after the fall of the Roman Empire.

But lets not get historical fact get in the way of a good stab at the English....

Well then reason on what you just said in light of the post I was replying to.

I wasn't arguing that the modern English were ethnically 'Anglo-Saxon', read what I said more carefully. I was responding to the argument as presented.

(incidentally, I don't agree with the potted version of Anglo-Saxon history you gave, nor do many historians. it runs contrary to ALL of the written historical records of boths the Anglo-Saxons and Britons. I see it as part of an attempt by some modern English historians to downplay the rather ugly and unsavoury aspects of the birth of the English nation. But thats another issue entirely.)

If the English are the indigenous population of England, and that 'English' is an ethnicity and a race, as was claimed, then the idea that the English are not even ethnically 'English' totally explodes that argument also.

You are essentially backing up my point.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Islamism : is the right to build mosques in Moscow but deny the right to build churches in Mecca.
Islamism : is the right to ask for palestine for muslims but deny entire arabia to the jews.
Islamism : is the right to ask for shariah compliant courts in non-muslim countries but deny non-shariah courts in muslim countries.
Islamism : is the right to blow worship places and symbols of non-muslims and build mosques there.
Islamism : is the right to restore the world order to the last islamic victory.
Islamism : is the right to enforce islamic values on non-believers.

Others can add their own.

Below links will provide why the growing concern of Muslims in Western countries. If Muslims only thrived quietly then its understandable. But they generally dont. Even muslim vs muslim dont trust each other as per their real intentions. I can go on forever with links but doesn't make too much sense...

www.slate.com...
www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
blog.dawn.com...
www.spiegel.de...
uk.reuters.com...
hommaforum.org...
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...
www.metro.co.uk...
www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.nytimes.com...
austin.ynn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.spiegel.de...
europenews.dk...
europenews.dk...
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...

edit on 1-2-2011 by hp1229 because: Missing Link

edit on 1-2-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join