It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA preparing kids for MEGA-EARTHQUAKES and ALIENS?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
what if they know about an iminent disaster, and they already have another planet prepared with ET help that they evacuate a bunch of children too right before said disaster...

huh? waddaya think??

MARS

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Ehh, still not convincing me.....
They could literally use anyone else...anyone...rather than et's and im sure they could find someone thats appealing to the kids. Not to mention the fact that the game isn't focused on et's, its all about earthquake preparedness. Before you even play the game, it's not advertising "play me because there are aliens in here!"

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Actually not just kids but you as well through movies and technology.

project-cernland.web.cern.ch...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Conditioned? Last timne I checked, I was as rational as I was 10 years ago, and as rational as I was yesterday. Not to lash out, but ever since the incident at Tucson, it seems many ATSers simply are coming up with random consipracies.

It is a game. Designed to get kids to watch it and help them in case of an Earthquake disaster. The Alien obviously knows that the earthquake is coming, as in the future, as the kids grow up, and watch more and more movies, and read more books, they'll learn what ab alien is. And they will understand that the Alien just knows the earthquake is coming.

The alien is not a conspiracy. You have just been on ATS too long.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi1 My children's summer reading list was: Guns, Germs, and Steel, and The Hunger Games.
Many PS3 games are apocolypse games.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
reply to post by mr10k

Ehh, still not convincing me.....
They could literally use anyone else...anyone...rather than et's and im sure they could find someone thats appealing to the kids. Not to mention the fact that the game isn't focused on et's, its all about earthquake preparedness. Before you even play the game, it's not advertising "play me because there are aliens in here!"

Exactly, it's the interest factor. ET's are intersting to kids. ET's are all over pop culture. And an Alien who knows an earthquake is coming, just seems more plausible than a Mom who just knows an earthquake is coming, and also has VR glasses. The Alien is just there because the designer for the game thought it would make more sense and be more appealing. That is what gaming is all about.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

What I meant about being 'conditioned' is....the act of acceptance without question.

Aliens, only 30 years ago were thought to be in the minds of crazy, nutty, pot-smoking, acid-dropping, twisted, insane, unbalanced and thoroughly disturbed people.

Look where it's at now! We're almost to the point where if you DON'T think life exists off this planet, THEN you're a nut.

It's conditioning. Because no one has offered up any proof yet. So we're being conditioned by the people running this planets via MSM (movies too) and I'd say, it's working beautifully!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Ok, but why would the government "Ok" the game then....especially after they've been trying to deny their existence. and your still not getting my point. They could use any pop culture icon / anyone ever, and the designer could have too... Aliens aren't the only option. What if it were Jimmy Neutron??? He could fly around in one of his spaceships and forewarn them....What about Justin Bieber of the Jonas brothers?.... What about Smokey the bear? How about someone from back to the future? The point is, it's a little strange that they used an alien instead any of the millions of other people, regardless of how appealing you think an alien is, it's equally as appealing as anything else.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Time for a remake of ET then,,,,but with Drew Barrymore as the mom this time.
ET phone home.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, I am not believeing without questioning, as I said before, don't jump to conclusions without looking at both sides. I have looked at both sides, and I side with the fact it is just an appeal to the design.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

I dont know. I think it's not fun to jump out at everything without looking at both sides.

It's a game. They wanted it to make sense, and have a story to attract the kids. Remeber, it is for kids. I mean, the story wouldn't go so smoothly if it had been a 43-year old man with gray hair that came out of nowhere, right? What then? FEMA prepares kids to befriend Pedophiles? Chill out, it's a game for kids, with a little story to actually get them playing.

You have it partly right. "It is a game for kids." You want pictures with that with arrows pointing the correct way?
Your 43-year-old man is getting his dose in a more grownup way. Expect to see something that is targeted at women, mother's mostly, soon. I would bet on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

I don't know. When I think of something Hight tech like VR galsses, I think of ETs. The government isn't trying to keep aliens hush-hush. I thought this was common knowledge. They never kept aliens hush-hush, the just don't acknowledge that they exist, and seem to care less about their existence. The government vould care less. The military is who is trying to keep any alien evidence under silence, and last time I checked, FEMA wasn't part of the military.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by mr10k

What I meant about being 'conditioned' is....the act of acceptance without question.

Aliens, only 30 years ago were thought to be in the minds of crazy, nutty, pot-smoking, acid-dropping, twisted, insane, unbalanced and thoroughly disturbed people.

Look where it's at now! We're almost to the point where if you DON'T think life exists off this planet, THEN you're a nut.

It's conditioning. Because no one has offered up any proof yet. So we're being conditioned by the people running this planets via MSM (movies too) and I'd say, it's working beautifully!

It must be. Isn't your avatar an alien?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here's a little more info:Fema, DHS Back Disaster Hero Game

Legacy Interactive has announced plans to create a web-based game designed to teach kids how to prepare for hazards and emergencies. Disaster Hero is being developed in conjunction with the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), with funding from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and, in turn, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), under which FEMA operates. Due out sometime in 2011, the game promises to “focus on what to do before, during and after a disaster,” with an emphasis on “getting an emergency kit, having an emergency plan and being informed.” ACEP President Dr. Angela Gardner added, "This project to develop an educational program for children using a game platform will be a unique approach to teaching kids to have an active role in home disaster planning.” FEMA claimed to have research which showed that “despite imminent threats and increased media attention, Americans today are no better prepared for a natural disaster or terrorist attack than they were in 2003.” Research figures indicating the government’s preparedness for such disasters were not provided.

Aliens and disaster. Are they trying to tell us something?
Great find HA. S&F

edit on 28-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

My avatar is based on an experience, not conditioning. Major difference.

Listen, I am not against conditioning the minion about extraterrestrial existence because after all, it is a fact. I do however have issues with the plethora of secrets currently be kept from us while playing games with you. (i.e. conditioning)
Some people don't realize this. Many do and those who do are usually the ones coming to boards like ATS either looking for answers or exposing them.

And knowing that they do INDEED keep secrets and are playing head games, I can't help but wonder what they know about what might be coming down the pike in the VERY near future.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Look.
I am all for finding and exposing secrets, and I have also had multiple UFO encounters, which got me to this site, but there is a point where not everything is a conspiracy. You can't just jump to conclusions. A game is a game. That's all it is. Nothing more, nothing less. I do acknowledge the government keeps secrets, but just because I see a game consisting of an Alien giving VR glasses to a child to help him know what to do in case of an Earthquake, which ultimatley sets the "gaming" aspect in motion, do I come to the conclusion that we are being conditioned. I admit, there is a difference in "PROPAGANDA" and "CONDITIONING". We have a choice to view the alien movies if we please. We have a choice to turn on, or turn off our telies as we please. That is not conditioning. Stop jumping to conclusions based on a minor assumption. It isn't Propaganda neither.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Eh... Im not gonna argue with you over that, all im saying is that its a strange coincidence...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I guess you do not have a lot of experience studying or experienceing the history of UFOs and the government's dealing with the topic since day one? .

You think the government doesn't care about the impact that contact would have on culture and society? Check out the old RAND study from the early 1960s. That should be lesson enough for you. It is rather naive to think that the government doesn't care. There are a half a century of various indications that they care about the secret and care very much about keeping it that way as look as they can as they slyly educate people toward an acceptance with as little dramatic displays as possible when the news finally comes.

As for FEMA, the last time I checked it was part of the government and closely tied to anything that may constitute a national emergency. Basically FEMA is a military operation without the guns

So really, anyone that claims the government don't care about the UFO affair is not up to speed on the whole situation, possibly young or a newcomer to the field.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I ain't jumpin' to anything let alone a conclusion. I am just speculating and realizing how strange this all is that's all.

I have never concluded anything except that we're all going to die one day. That's about as far as I go in my mortal conclusion game.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

WOW ! This fits right in with a thread I started yesterday, "New Madrid Quake Exercise & Conplan 3502 Marshal Law." FEMA and Homeland Security are starting to treat this exercies that was planned in July 2010, since Jan 7th 2011 they have started to treat this as an acutal event in the making. I wonder what they learned the first of the year to change things. This video game just put more fuel on the fire for this so called drill. Thanks for sharing this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join