It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA preparing kids for MEGA-EARTHQUAKES and ALIENS?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Well, where Zim is concerned, I do see the OP's point entirely and am want to agree with it!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

hahahaha nice avatar

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
could be somethin, could be nothing
we may never know
or we might find out

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Instead of focusing on the alien in the app, we should be focusing on the whole "earthquake disaster preparedness" theme.

That's a little odd, isn't it? Where did all of this talk of earthquakes come from all of a sudden?

I'm more threatened by the notion of an earthquake that would require a bug-out bag then I am of an alien in a ship.

I can do nothing about the aliens. Knowledge of an impending mega-quake in a particular region may help me evacuate family in time, however.

The alien in the program was meant to throw children and people off. By putting an alien in it as a main character, people actually don't take the "hypothetical" scenario seriously. They just learn the lesson about being prepared...for "whatever".

There must be an earthquake coming, and they just want to hint at it...Not come right out and say it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

They gave us much more than 'duck and cover' info back then. I was taught quite a bit about survival after a nuclear war, how to eat, how to get water, even how I would need to behave in the presence of strange adults, and how to get away from depraved characters or desperate people. Perhaps this is because I was in elementary school on an Air Force base, instead of public school.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

While that is very disturbing, I personally do not see anything wrong with making sure a child is introduced to being prepared. What if something, heaven forbid, happens to the adults that are taking care of said child? How will that kid help themselves?

While I am all for letting a kid be a kid, educating your children on how to help themselves is just good parenting in this day and age. Unfortunately, we live in a very dangerous world today. Better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DonnaLynn

I dunno. Just seems in a world that is so unstable, so unsure, so uptight that the last thing we should try to do is involve the kids.

I can't help but notice, every generation before has made it through without the help from the government, Homeland Security or FEMA.
I feel people have become too dependent and WAY too complacent when allowing others to show or tell them what to do. What's next? You're going to chip your child too because after all, that TOO is a great idea in case they get lost or kidnapped.

The television is a source for violence, uncertainty, mixed emotions/messages and a LOT of stress. If a child can't watch Sesame Street without having to worry then something is terribly wrong.

You think this is a good idea? Then great, do it on your own time (this is not directed at you DonnaLynn but in general
)
You want to show your child where the flashlights are, how to dial 911 etc? Again, do it. You don't need a child's program to tell you this and Big Bird won't come over and do it for you.

If things get that bad, do you really think a child is going to remember where the wrench is? They'll probably scream for their pets and/or toys!
And if things are mildly bad (like a blackout) then I think a parent can handle it without involving the children.

I can't imagine how a 2 - 7 year old is going to benefit from this except to know, his world is not 100% safe for them. I never grew up thinking the world was that unsafe. In fact, I even rode a bike without a helmet and.....ran with scissors!
The Human race has lost their way and has surrendered their powers, thoughts, common sense and say-so over to the authorities/schools so in a way, you're getting what you deserve. So when mandatory vaccinations are enforced, do NOT go crying to anyone.

I think this, like everything else, gets put out there as a good idea (a game for a child while giving them more responsibility than they need) but really, it's too Big Brother-ish.

Why do you need the media to show you good parenting? But more so, why would you want to put these thoughts into your precious child's head to begin with? If you do your job well then, they can resume being children. They only have a small window of being a child anyway now a days.

And besides, this is about what the PTB might know. Aliens? Earthquakes? New Madrid fault line drill? Yellowstone predicted to erupt soon? Pole Shift? 2012?

Now is the time to keep your child as safe and as secure as you can because the future looks pretty uncertain! So......point out where the flash lights are then, let them play with their toys! And for the love of gawd, get RID of that television set!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by youthsavior

Answer 1: because earthquakes happen all the time and many undereducated folks don't always know what to do in said event.

Please don't take this personally but I am just about up to HERE with that line. Can you sight me an example of this?
Are you saying when their homes, walls, roofs crumble or a tree falls on their car, or their streets crack open etc....they don't know what to do?

Or are you saying, when things fall off their shelves, they don't know how to pick them up and put it back?

What exactly has past earthquakes shown to make people think others were unprepared and total idiots?

This is not like a hurricane where you get a little 'heads up' notice in which you can grab your flashlights etc.
This is a split second-reaction. What the heck are children supposed to do? Scream on key?

I am telling you, this is not about preparing the kids. This is about THEM knowing something and that's your business to read between the lines. They are having a New Madrid Fault Line Drill in April involving one million people.
Huh?
Really now.
Interesting............................

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There is a very logical reason for using an earthquake scenario. Not all the kids in the US live in Tornado Alley, live on the SE Hurricane zone, the wildfires and landslides of California, volcanoes from Hawaii, blizzards, droughts, or any other catastrophe. But they all live on the ground, which has the capacity to shake anywhere in the world.
By preparing for an earthquake they are prepared for anything else that comes their way. It's the only common ground.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Well I guess there aren't any wars to 'prepare' them for so, why not mother nature.

Whatever. They are your kids.

I just can't help but know, I made it through alright, as did my daughter without any of this hype, or rehearsal, or drill etc.....

I think this thread has taken on a two-fold argument.

I actually posted it because I feel the PTB know something more than what they're sharing (which is, uncertainty at the moment) but.....it's branched off into is this or is this not a good idea to involve children.

For me, I think teaching them hold to punch in 911 is good enough for them.

It's too much fear placed on them but hey, on the bright side, these kids will likely grow up to be the next generation of ATS members that way!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Please don't take this personally but I am just about up to HERE with that line. Can you sight me an example of this?
Are you saying when their homes, walls, roofs crumble or a tree falls on their car, or their streets crack open etc....they don't know what to do?

Or are you saying, when things fall off their shelves, they don't know how to pick them up and put it back?

What exactly has past earthquakes shown to make people think others were unprepared and total idiots?

This is not like a hurricane where you get a little 'heads up' notice in which you can grab your flashlights etc.
This is a split second-reaction. What the heck are children supposed to do? Scream on key?

With the way they acted down in New Orleans, yes there is that fear. Actually, many on this site trumpeted it from the highest mountain tops. It was a standing example of how a group of people could be totally ill prepared to hold out even one day until things started to get back to normal. And that was for something they could SEE coming!!!!!!!!

And a person can get rapped up in their own theories to the point that they can’t see straight

Like barney the purple dinosaur. Are TPTB prepping the world for the day that the purple dinosaurs come back to rule the world? Ummmm……..No……….

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Again, even though you're talking hurricane please tell me how people weren't prepared when they could've. I am totally missing something somewhere.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Again, even though you're talking hurricane please tell me how people weren't prepared when they could've. I am totally missing something somewhere.

Ummmmm……….O……..K……………..(bangs head on desk)…………………..

Lets see……. News agencies screaming…….. “Water is out and they have nothing to drink! No food to eat!!!!! People are starving, people are dying of dehydration! And there is no relief crews in sight”

When people started breaking into stores and carrying everything out, the new reporters said “They are just trying to find food and water to survive!!!!!!”

And all that was in the first 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that is not a sign of total lack of preparation…… then I don’t know what is.
If you didn’t see all that, then you wasn’t watching TV, or at least, not a TV channel from this earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
There is a very logical reason for using an earthquake scenario. Not all the kids in the US live in Tornado Alley, live on the SE Hurricane zone, the wildfires and landslides of California, volcanoes from Hawaii, blizzards, droughts, or any other catastrophe. But they all live on the ground, which has the capacity to shake anywhere in the world.
By preparing for an earthquake they are prepared for anything else that comes their way. It's the only common ground.

Again, what?
Mommy's and Daddy's need to stock up on the candles, batteries, food, water etc.
I am just not understanding what this has to do with kids.

Kids should know where the phone is and how to dial it. That's about it.

Older children, like pre-teens (not Sesame Street age) should also be taught BY THEIR PARENTS that if they're home alone during a hurricane, they should hunker down in the bathroom!
Short of that, what else is there?
Why are you involving the kids?

And why do some of you keep saying......'if people were only better prepared..."
Could the Haitians have been better prepared? Really? How?
Could the people of Katrina have been better prepared? How?

If you're homeless due to your home getting wrecked then, you're homeless until someone helps out. You can't prepare for that.
If you run out of food then that's the adults problem and really shouldn't have to be told to stock up. Many stores run out of goods anyway.
If your utilities get shut off from the main company then, there's little you can do anyway.
If you need to flee and have a car, gas it up beforehand but again, many stations run out of petrol

So how are people supposed to get better prepared? There are only so many routes out of town. As a matter of fact, here in Florida, there are only TWO main roads heading north. So again, what should we know that we don't already (with common sense)?

When Wilma plowed through here in 2005, no one died or no one was screwed because they were ill-prepared. Stores ran out of food/candles/matches/wood pre-hurricane...then streets were closed after wards while electricity was off and we made it through without a Sesame Street game.

And if I had a little child with me during that frightening hurricane, I can't imagine what they could've done or known that I would've overlooked.

I have never read the stats claiming people perished or were in grave danger due to being unprepared.

Maybe that's the problem. People are running out of common sense because they've surrendered free-thought and rely on others to do it for them.

I

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Ummmmm……….O……..K……………..(bangs head on desk)…………………..

Lets see……. News agencies screaming…….. “Water is out and they have nothing to drink! No food to eat!!!!! People are starving, people are dying of dehydration! And there is no relief crews in sight”

When people started breaking into stores and carrying everything out, the new reporters said “They are just trying to find food and water to survive!!!!!!”

And all that was in the first 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that is not a sign of total lack of preparation…… then I don’t know what is.
If you didn’t see all that, then you wasn’t watching TV, or at least, not a TV channel from this earth.

Show my ONE case where someone died of dehydration while sitting in their home after a catastrophe?

What you're citing is common sense. AND...................it's ADULT related issue. Not a Sesame Street-age kid!!

I know I keep going back and forth with my points, sorry!

If they're dumb enough not to know to have water, canned goods, candles on hand when they know a hurricane is on its way then perhaps they shouldn't bear and bring up children because CLEARLY, their judgment is in question.

And if I had an earthquake right now? Guess what? I don't have extra canned food, water, cat food, toilet paper or candles.
Do you?

It's too much. That's all unless........................they know something. And that was my other point to this thread.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Show my ONE case where someone died of dehydration while sitting in their home after a catastrophe?

en.wikipedia.org...

Reports from the Methodist Hospital indicated that people were dying of dehydration and exhaustion while the staff worked unendingly in horrendous conditions.

murderbytype.wordpress.com...

A lot of these people died from heat exhaustion, dehydration, stress, and from being without their medication – from neglect, basically. They were abandoned out there. So it’s political, what killed them….These people were left to die like rats.

A lot of them were not in their houses, they were on overpasses and roads, out in the hot sun.

Dehydration is a severe problem when it is hot and humid outside like it was down there after the hurricane. And they did have problems with dehydration in the first day after the winds stopped.

What you're citing is common sense. AND...................it's ADULT related issue. Not a Sesame Street-age kid!!

I know I keep going back and forth with my points, sorry!

If they're dumb enough not to know to have water, canned goods, candles on hand when they know a hurricane is on its way then perhaps they shouldn't bear and bring up children because CLEARLY, their judgment is in question.

Yes, their judgment is in question!!! That is the whole point!!!!!!! That is what the video game is for! To teach them simple preparation! To try and straighten out their lack of judgment!

And if I had an earthquake right now? Guess what? I don't have extra canned food, water, cat food, toilet paper or candles.
Do you?

It's too much. That's all unless........................they know something. And that was my other point to this thread.

I usually have enough food on hand to last 10 to 30 days. When I get down to a 10 day supply, I restock.
I have a water source on hand(well water), plus I keep about 10 days worth of pop on hand.
I will just say that when it comes to candles and lamps, I will have all I need.
I have plenty of ways to heat food and water.
I have two generators.
I have 20 gallon of gas on hand. And another 40 gallon that I can get out of vehicles.
I have kerosene heaters.
I have 20 gallon of kerosene on hand, plus all the heaters have full tanks.
I have enough cat food on hand to last two weeks.
I have enough toilet paper to last 30 days.

Based on your statements, you are one of those people that the video is targeting. Quit questioning it, and learn from it.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
The game is based on the unity 3D engine.

unity3d.com...

They have a free/trial version available for download, so you can modify the game play as you want.

Ow….. the ideas………

So, if you don’t like how it works, you can change it yourself…… (evil maniacal laugh)

I actually used to do programming with Unity 3D. Great engine. Though I will always prefer Crystalspace.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. I start to agree that they're preparing the people for earthquakes. Few minutes ago, Hungary, a country which was always an earthquake free zone, was hit by an 4.8.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My sister - 4 years old. Got this pack of cards for christmas. It comes with every letter, lower case cards, and upper case cards. The lower case a is...ant. The upper case A is....Alien. I have not one been phased or think that there is a conspiracy in this. If a multitude of toys have UFO, Aliens or Space technology with it, it isn't anything.

Years ago we were all making toys and games dealing with the future. When the future caught on, and the Star Trek generation greew up, they decided to imbue it in our pop culture. Aliens are always synonymous with future tech. It is just the way we have progressed. There is no conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Do you?

lol?

I always buy enough food to survive for a week after week. My mom has to support 1 kid and 3 teens. She buys so much food that if there were a catastrophe, and my brother ran off to find a safe spot with his best close friend, and my other cousin went out to do whatever he pleased, and I went elsewhere, she would have enough food to survive two months for her and her daughter.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join