It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Speech on War on Terrorism Expected From Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
here's a fox link on the speech and the location from which he gave it

Bush Touts Foreign-Policy Achievements
President Bush defended his decision to invade Iraq even as he conceded on Monday that investigators had not found the weapons of mass destruction that he had warned the country possessed.

Allowing Iraq to possibly transfer weapons capability to terrorists was not a risk he was willing to take, Bush said.

"Although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq," Bush said after inspecting a display of nuclear weapons parts and equipment, including assembled gas centrifuges for uranium enrichment, from Libya.

The hardware was shipped to the Oak Ridge National Laboratory here in March as part of an agreement with Moammar Gadhafi to end his country's nuclear-weapons program.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What can I say get ready US, for more sons and daughters coming in casket back home from Bush personal war on terror.

It is all justify because he says so.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Whenever I watch his speeches, I'm usually overcome with this feeling of disbelief of what I'm hearing and seeing. I can't understand how so many people buy this sheet. It seems almost surreal, as if all the people applauding are freaking aliens, or something. They don't live in the same reality as most of us, yet they seem to control the country. Is it just me? I find it very disturbing.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This speech was for show more than anything else - no substance. I think the GOP is getting a bit desparate b/c this is the most the prez has been in the limelight (ie press conference) during his term.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

"destroy leadership, disrupt planning and financing, keeping them on the run"

"protecting peace, working with allies to confront terrorists"

1, why the hell is Osama "not a priority" then?? and 2, invading countries, treatening others, doing wargames in places that induce reactions like China's and other things the bush administration is doing, are far from "protecting peace" the contrary even.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just to show the "difference" in media coverage.

Foxnews has the lead story on their website discussing the presidents speech.
MSNBC is leading with the story on delaying elections, the bush speech is actually several stories down
CNN is also leading with the story on delaying elections and I can't seem to find any mention of Bush's speech.

They are all biased one way or another.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Great, Iraq has been liberated and freedom has been granted to every man, woman and child.

The world is now a safer place.

Thank you America, defender of the free.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
shanti23, that was funny,

I guess if you live in the madness of King George the ll happy world of the free demcracy, yeah I see your point......................

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's a funny idea of freedom, isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join