It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Speech on War on Terrorism Expected From Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
President Bush is expected to make a major speech on the War on Terrorism at 11:30am today. He is scheduled to speak on Iraq, Iran and North Korea, the Patriot Act, and current offensive tactics. Check your news for live coverage

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
President Bush is expected to make a major speech on the War on Terrorism at 11:30am today. He is scheduled to speak on Iraq, Iran and North Korea, the Patriot Act, and current offensive tactics. Check your news for live coverage

It may have something to do with the abrupt National security brief that they gave Kerry???

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What abrupt National Security Brief?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Who the hell is going to see it? We're all working!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
What abrupt National Security Brief?

Jeeze
see the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am guessing that bush is going to clarify the word about elections being stop in case of terrorist attack, and he is going to proclaim himself a supreme ruler by the command of God

Now on more serious matter, I guess he does not have anything else to talk about but what else "war on terror"

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
nothing new so far, touched on positive changes on Libya
"campaign against proliferation", "Patriot Act to track terror cells" "FBI focusing on Preventing terrorism" "knows terrorist are preparing to attack us again"

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"strategy for peace:"

"defend peace by taking fight to enemy, confront them overseas so we don't confront them at home"

"destroy leadership, disrupt planning and financing, keeping them on the run"

"protecting peace, working with allies to confront terrorists"

"global terrorism requires "global response"
"global response needs leadership, America will Lead"

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's the same crok-o-shinola they have been spewing for three years. The more it is repeated, the more people will believe it's validity. Orwell anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Same old BS, it looks like. "We're winning, known terrorists, patriot act, intelligence, peace, god, blah, blah, blah. (denial)

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Musharraf is our friend, Americans are safer due to Pakistan's contributions.

Saudi Govt knows Al-Qaeda is it's enemy, working hard to capture or kill terrorists, joined war on terror, because of this American people are safer

Ruler of Iraq sworn enemy, used WMDS, not just a dicatator but a mass murderer, saddam refused to comply

bush had choice to make....take the word of a mad man or defend america...he'll defend america everytime. (lots of applause for that one)

no wmd's found, but we were right

Iraq is now the example of Reform?

[edit on 7-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't know....something about the wording of this speech bothers me.

every other paragraph ends with " American people are now Safer"

it's working, so far those are the words sticking in my head, everything is just a blur.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't know....something about the wording of this speech bothers me.

every other paragraph ends with " American people are now Safer"

it's working, so far those are the words sticking in my head, everything is just a blur.

Yes, America is safer. Patriot act good. Iraq bad. Is that blood coming out of my ear?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is what I got from the speech I know somebody will eventualy get a script of it, but this is what I got.

The first think I notice is the background, protecting America9/11 again back on his mouth
Weapons of mass destructions again.

He is till going to fight the terror using the patriot act to combat terror Homeland security, to fight terror. They terrorist are going to attack again.

New approach in the world, he is going to attack before we get attack. He is going to keep fighting oversee. He is keeping the terrorist running keeping them without funds.

He plans to lead America again to fight terror. The right the democracy, Taliban rule he talks about Afghanistan has a president and women are free. Talks about Pakistan and Taliban Again talk terror, terror, and blah, blah, blah. America is safe Saudi Arabia is better from terror.

American people is safer Sadam, WOD, murderer, enemy of US, he was a threat, remember 9/11. Bush is defending himself from the intelligent reports. Explain why he change the Iraq regime, to defend America he was right to go in Iraq, Iraq and example of reform, US is building a peaceful democracy in Iraq. Libya destroys his WOD, Keep on America safer and safer and safer with bush.

He talks about difficulties ahead and other countries nuclear weapons, he said he is helping countries that are poor, he wants peace in Israel and Palestine, He is building the world newest democracies, we have to sacrifice and accept lost, we have to fight for our freedom, Again take back sept 11 to justify the lost, he see the fight on terror in victory.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I really don't know why everytime pakistan , pakistan. Pakistan created taliban & they created all problems we have today & now we are safe because of pakistan. all BS. UK helped us all the time during war. but he never mentions about UK. Looks like musharraf is going to get him osama by end of the month.

Musharraf is our friend, Americans are safer due to Pakistan's contributions.

Saudi Govt knows Al-Qaeda is it's enemy, working hard to capture or kill terrorists, joined war on terror, because of this American people are safer

Ruler of Iraq sworn enemy, used WMDS, not just a dicatator but a mass murderer, saddam refused to comply

bush had choice to make....take the word of a mad man or defend america...he'll defend america everytime. (lots of applause for that one)

no wmd's found, but we were right

Iraq is now the example of Reform?

[edit on 7-12-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All I got from his speech is (keep me in power if you want to be safe US, and I will take our troops all over the world to fight terrors and die fighting but you US will be safeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.)

That is all I got.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i didn't like this speech at all, the timing, the suggestive words....

marg...i think you summed it up pretty well

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've been sitting here with the TV *on* and on *mute* for the last 2 hours and missed it! (had phone call and forgot to restore sound- got all involved reading this forum!)

Meanwhile, it's just 12:06 EST and none of the news programs are doing any 'followup' discussion (?)

Whazzupwiddat?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Cattlespy, don't worry you did not miss anything, is the same old bs and the war in terror, thanks worldwatcher, but you did better than I,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join