It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey UFO UPDATE Dr Roger Leir speaks about ET FOOTAGE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

It does look real. Not the usual CGI crap you can tell is fake from a mile away. That being said, I've always been a fan of the early special effects in movies. You can't fake reality, I mean you can but it looks like crap.Wait a second....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VtaUFO

I recall seeing some of this footage before and it was/is impressive. That being said, I am a little put off by the similarities... not in the UFO, but of the videos.

2007 - handheld cam w/obligatory shaking motion.
2008 - handheld cam w/obligatory shaking motion, same perspective.
2009 - Even with someone who may have been hoping to catch this event, - handheld cam w/obligatory shaking motion, same perspective.

I mean, all three vids could have been shot with the same camera from the same spot on the same day at the same object...

Yeah, I know. If it was fuzzy bad video, there would be those who dissed the quality. If it's good video, then it's too good to be real.

But honesty counts for something and the vids just hit me that way.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Icing on the cake? Well no problem... just don't cry to me when ya have to go to the dentist
edit on 26-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Nice one liner!
You should make that your signature! You sound like the Clint Eastwood of ATS!
Back on topic..hopefully more studies are done on this case to please everyone. What would make you a believer in this case Zorgon? Or a better question, what are some points that make you not believe this wasnt a legit sighting?
edit on 26/1/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
You sound like the Clint Eastwood of ATS!

"A man has got to know his limitations"

What would make you a believer in this case Zorgon?

Already covered that but for you...

A good close up photo and eyewitness account by more than one person Considering that this is a recurring sighting in a popular resort area with hundreds of fancy speed boats available this should be an easy task

Points against.

The reappearance at the same location around the same time for three years
The same angle of the UFO... always the same,
The location, always the same location. It never moves, just hovers... when does it leave? No footage of it flying off?
The fact that no one else seems interested in confirming this despite the claims of actual aliens visible doing experiments in plain view. No UFO hunting crews, no military even curious about this. No other tourist going to the area waiting for the next appearance, yet all around the world UFO buffs flock to UFU 'hot spots'
Little things like the claim that the dog was barking at the UFO when it clearly shows the dog barking at the swimmer just in front of him...

That ought to be enough...

But doesn't matter what I say... I will likely be called a disinfo agent by the noobs soon anyway

As I said on another forum, people are not really after the truth, they want the story... and most UFOlogists have recognized this fact and figured "What the heck, might as well cash in on that... have I got a story for you" Dr Lier just now comes forward after 2 years? Really?

You know Karl12 made a thread on the old good UFO reports disappearing from record... the Charlatans are gaining favor and despite all the high tech photo equipment we have these days, we get more and more pics of blobs and lights than anything even close to a flying disc like the old photos taken 30 plus years ago.

There will be no disclosure... UFOlogy is making sure of that

edit on 26-1-2011 by zorgon because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't think people will actually accept this because it is on video. Even if the entire scientific community jumped on board and stated the video was real - it would still be debunked in some fashion or another.

The disinformation campaign works by implanting thoughts into the subject matter so that people will argue about the legitimacy of the video/picture in question. All of the ATS vets know this, and unfortunately this is why many of us believe disclosure will never take place... any type of evidence provided is immediately dismissed as a hoax or some other phenomena.

I think this could be the real deal – it looks very promising. Isn't it strange that no governments comment on videos like this? Wouldn't you think to hear “Yes, that looks very strange – and we need to find out what is violating our air space for national security reasons – we are looking into it.”

You will never hear that because:
1) They already know what these craft are and who pilot them.
2) There is no reason to approach the public with any specifics about evidence presented since the evidence will be automatically scrutinized by the public.
3) The product could be a hoax.

The only reason they approached the public about Roswell is because of the many witnesses – it needed to address the issue directly instead of indirectly.

In this case – I am sure we will witness the disinformation campaign come full circle and show it's true colors once again.

Get some popcorn folks!

edit on 1/26/2011 by kroms33 because: for got to add bullet point 3

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

But doesn't matter what I say... I will likely be called a disinfo agent by the noobs soon anyway

Well, that is because they are noobs and don't know your history. I do think I disagree with your assessment of this video, although what you say does make sense. Perhaps there is footage of it leaving? Has the entire tape been disclosed for public viewing?
It seems the tape has been cut in several areas so that the time corresponds to the program it is being presented in. What they need to do is supply the entire tape, however long it is – to the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i am a ufo witness, and i call fake on that video....common sense

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dimethylmercury

Wow your avatar is quite powerful, majestic, beautiful. As for Leir, I have to watch the video, but I personally like the guy, he works his butt off in the disclosure field.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

i am a ufo witness, and i call fake on that video....common sense

Care to be more specific? I am a UFO witness also, and I can see no reason to discount these images – what is so “common sense” about it that many of us are missing?

If you are going to post such a statement, back it up with some factual data instead of just poking a hornets nest.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I do think I disagree with your assessment of this video, although what you say does make sense.

Dat's okay

[
Perhaps there is footage of it leaving? Has the entire tape been disclosed for public viewing?
It seems the tape has been cut in several areas so that the time corresponds to the program it is being presented in. What they need to do is supply the entire tape, however long it is – to the world.

What? You mean release the original uncut full video to the public? Not gonna happen. They are getting to much milage as it is.

Remember that Missile/Airplane video? when the station finally released the whole 10 minutes you could see it was an airplane because as it moved over land the contrail stopped but the object kept going...

Ah well.. Spring is coming and the Wars will start in a few weeks... The Glory of Battle, the drinking, the dancing girls around the camp fire... now THAT is the way to go

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is just a thought.
I would be willing to bet if someone would shoot this alien craft when it reappears with a gps and get the coordinants then maybe they could get a dive team together and dive to the floor and see just what the aliens are doing over the water in that area. Maybey they are growing something or maybe they are a salvage team picking up remnants of another ship?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I find myself agreeing with Zorgon more and more these days. Either I am turning into a tin foil hat wearing nutjob, or he is turning into someone who has common sense, reason and logic on his side. Either way, I'm scared

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"A man has got to know his limitations"

classic. now i'm gonna read all your posts in a clint eastwood voice. That will be really interesting...

Already covered that but for you...

aww

A good close up photo and eyewitness account by more than one person Considering that this is a recurring sighting in a popular resort area with hundreds of fancy speed boats available this should be an easy task

These events happened very late at night and early in the morning, i'm sure thats a big reason. I think this event was more spectacular for this particular camera and videographer more so than any possible eye witness' because of the zoom on the camera. I think any other eye witnesses may have only been able to see a bright point of light if they didnt have a camera or binoculars.

Points against.

The reappearance at the same location around the same time for three years
The same angle of the UFO... always the same,
The location, always the same location. It never moves, just hovers... when does it leave? No footage of it flying off?

Like we would actually know if our governemt or any other showed interest in these sightings. They never tell us anything, especially the truth. The angle of the UFO isnt always the same, it almost spins at points and even turns to the four amber colored lights from the large object originally shown. I've been looking like crazy for this and cant find it again, but there is a picture in a newspaper from Turkey that shows the UFO lit amazing colors and designs that is only visible for a split second as it appears on only one frame of the video. Its an amazing picture and if anyone reading this knows where it is or has a copy let me know ASAP, im sure Zorgon would be interested as well. As for it leaving, i'd have to watch all the videos over again, but im pretty sure it turned to the four amber colored lights and went out of sight. I could be wrong. If thats the case I agree with what you said.

The fact that no one else seems interested in confirming this despite the claims of actual aliens visible doing experiments in plain view. No UFO hunting crews, no military even curious about this. No other tourist going to the area waiting for the next appearance, yet all around the world UFO buffs flock to UFU 'hot spots'
Little things like the claim that the dog was barking at the UFO when it clearly shows the dog barking at the swimmer just in front of him...

That ought to be enough...

Do you think we would actually know if our government or any other has looked into this case? No, we wouldnt. This is still a relatively new sighting so hopefully some public investigations can be done or maybe UFO hunters could even try to do something. The issue is not everyone will be happy about where or who investigates this case. The one place you may think is credible the next person wont.

As I said on another forum, people are not really after the truth, they want the story... and most UFOlogists have recognized this fact and figured "What the heck, might as well cash in on that... have I got a story for you" Dr Lier just now comes forward after 2 years? Really?

Well I think if there is a case the governemnt would send "Disinfo agents", it wouldnt suprise me if its this one. But you Zorgon, are definitely not a disinfo agent, have they read your moon threads?
If Dr. Leir wouldve come forward immediately everyone would've said he was a charlatan then, too. Its not like he's hard off for money, he's a working doctor with his own office that has been in business many years.

You know Karl12 made a thread on the old good UFO reports disappearing from record... the Charlatans are gaining favor and despite all the high tech photo equipment we have these days, we get more and more pics of blobs and lights than anything even close to a flying disc like the old photos taken 30 plus years ago.

There will be no disclosure... UFOlogy is making sure of that

Now Zorgon, you've said yourself the reason you think we dont get clear UFO sightings is because of an energy field surrounding the object, not charlatans. I think the reason a lot of people post stuff like that is because they are learning and think any light in the sky besides a star or an airplane is an alien UFO, which isnt the case.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What? You mean release the original uncut full video to the public? Not gonna happen. They are getting to much milage as it is.

Yes I did wonder about that myself. I know TPTB try to stop this kind of thing from going viral, and it seems to be well maintained - I mean, think of it this way: Do you see this in the MSM? Won't happen. I think that it got out because it was filmed in another country - but yet, Turkey is in NATO... so who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

The only way this is going to go viral is if the people who filmed the object over and over again actually market it. They will, and it will lose all credibility.

Remember that Missile/Airplane video? when the station finally released the whole 10 minutes you could see it was an airplane because as it moved over land the contrail stopped but the object kept going...

Yes... yes I do remember that... I don't think I ever commented on it - but to me, it always looked too "terrestrial".

As for this video.... it... it has little grey dudes with big heads bobbling around in a strange craft!!!

Ah well.. Spring is coming and the Wars will start in a few weeks... The Glory of Battle, the drinking, the dancing girls around the camp fire... now THAT is the way to go

Yeah, I can't wait until spring... I think the ball is going to start rolling in a lot of directions and all at once in various aspects of things being discussed here at ATS... but hopefully not.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I find myself agreeing with Zorgon more and more these days. Either I am turning into a tin foil hat wearing nutjob, or he is turning into someone who has common sense, reason and logic on his side. Either way, I'm scared

IgnoreTheFacts and his C.L.R. checking in huh?

edit on 27/1/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn
I nominate zorgon to go there this coming May 2011 and film this 'craft' upclose for us all! It's not like he don't have the proper equipment, and besides he is rich isn't he?

Hey I don't even get a T-Shirt for my work here
But ATS does have such equipment and ability... I am sure someone up top could use a trip to the Mediterranean

That a great idea

Get Johnny Anonny & the boys out there and get to the bottom of this. I am still on the fence about this and was never a fan of the boat theory. UFO's never do this every year besides this one? I mean do Aliens mark a calender in the saucer just over the control panel and say "hey lets make this a every year thing" like some favored vacation spot. The scenery must be what keeps them coming back. You know Dr Leir wit all due respect i appreciate his implant removal work and findings pushing the envelope but this? Why is a surgeon holding the camera and an analyst on video now? Why are doctors chasing UFO's and not scientists and professional photographers/camera men? Kinda has Steve Greerish undertones to me, people straying away from their field in ufology. I dunno it kind of makes him look bad or it is just me?

Usually always with hoaxes there is a pattern...

Zorgon brought up several red flags

Now Leir is in the exact same position holding the cam?

If i expected this craft to return every year i would at least get a team of professionals in that certain area that could use the best equipment possible even get closer with a Helicopter even? Im just as fascinated and curious as everyone else but if it returns this year i expect just that. It is things like this that have made me disenfranchised with ufology. Like many people say... too good to be true. I guess time will tell i hope someone trys something different next time besides using a hand cam.
Someone, anyone please...

GET TO THE CHOPPA!!
edit on 27-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Like we would actually know if our governemt or any other showed interest in these sightings. They never tell us anything, especially the truth.

Well I would know if our government showed interest in local sightings. I have no contacts in Turkey though. besides we have THE MAN to tell us about the good stuff

UFO Crash in Las Vegas 1st of August 2008
current.com...

This story though it had so much coverage and military involvement barely made a whisper. I guess we should have called Jamie Maussen to present it

The angle of the UFO isnt always the same, it almost spins at points and even turns to the four amber colored lights from the large object originally shown.

I will make an animation for ya but those orange things are something else

And I know you don't like the ship idea but don't you find is very odd that if you overlay the UFO onto the bridge of the docked cruise ship that the angle, size and shape just happen to match?

Do you think we would actually know if our government or any other has looked into this case? No, we wouldnt.

Yeah we would because on such a populates vacation and residential spot any military activity would stand out like a beacon

The issue is not everyone will be happy about where or who investigates this case.

No the issue is that it is a 'famous' sighting that repeats. The lack of a flock of investigators checking it out is a red flag

edit on 27-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I think that it got out because it was filmed in another country - but yet, Turkey is in NATO... so who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Nothing going on behind the scenes at all. This got out because it was promoted by Haktan Akdogan Sirius UFO Research

ufocongress.com...

Anyway enough about this Dead Turkey

Dugway was just put under lockdown today (Wed) at 5:30 pm and is still under lockdown right now.

Dugway Army Base On Lockdown
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Andromeda Strain anyone

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Zorgon, if you can find an overlay of the ship (or any ship) where it looks like there are 2 big headed alien dudes, then I think your ship theory could float. (pun intended) But I'm going to have to disagree with you too. (unless you can find a picture where it looks like a boat has aliens on the bridge
)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The "Alien" from the Lear analysis reminds me of the beings in the Dorothy Izatt footage. Even the window is similar in shape? Then again it could be just more smoke and mirrors

www.youtube.com...

Dorothy Izatt Alien perhaps 3, 2 behind it ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a2f8df59bed.png[/atsimg]

Turkey Aliens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de975b5738b3.png[/atsimg]

edit on 27-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join