It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moronic Drivel Magazine Names "Assange As Un-Australian Of The Year"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Low brow, moronic drivel magazine "Zoo", names Julian as Un-Australian of the Year, because he is a dobber..

www.northernstar.com.au...

"JULIAN Assange is nothing but a dobber in disguise, says a men's magazine which has named him Un-Australian of the Year.

Zoo Weekly for the past five years has been putting together a list of the year's most disappointing Aussies ahead of Australia Day on January 26.

Mr Assange, founder of whistleblowing website WikiLeaks, has taken the dubious title in 2011 for publicly releasing thousands of classified diplomatic cables - or "dobbing"

edit on 24-1-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Calling Julian Assange a dobber is as moronic as the magazine "Zoo" really is.

Zoo Magazine
www.zooweekly.com.au...

en.wikipedia.org...

ZOO is a weekly news magazine aimed at the male market. It was launched on 29 January 2004, as the second weekly men's magazine in the UK (the first being the similar and rival magazine; Nuts). The magazine is currently priced at £1.70 and is published by German company Bauer Media Group.

Regular features in the UK edition include "The Week In Boobs", "Real Girls of the Year", "In Bed With..." and "Camera Flash", as well as weekly celebrity interviews, jokes and regular sports features such as "Playercam", "Lip Reading" and "Talking Balls".

Controversy - Zoo magazine published comments written by Danny Dyer in response to a letter sent in by a reader. According to a news report he said:

"I'd suggest going out on a rampage with the boys, getting on the booze and smashing anything that moves. Then, when some bird falls for you, you can turn the tables and break her heart. Of course, the other option is to cut your ex's face, and then no one will want her".[2]

Both the magazine's editor and Dyer himself offered apologies after the comments were printed, and Dyer's column has now been dropped by the magazine as a result of the controversy caused by the comments.

An Australian edition of ZOO was introduced on 13 February 2006 with a special promotional issue that was free of charge. With a high level of ignorance in Australia, it was destined for success. The first official issue came out a week later on 20 February 2006. It features Krystal Forscutt and David Boon as columnists, and much the same features as its British counterpart, except the sport commentary is mainly rugby league and Australian rules football.

Bauer Media Group
en.wikipedia.org...

Only neanderthal types actually take this magazine seriously. Ones that slopper their beer at the football & get excited & run to the toilet for their private fun after looking at the pictures of the girls in this pathetic excuse for published media. It is the type of magazine that appeals to the class of person, who has to have a magazine, that has more pictures then actual written words, probably because their target audience either can't read or gets a headache after doing so.

Dobbers in Australia are frowned upon as the lowest of the low.

There is a major difference between being a dobber & a whistle-blower.

How other newspapers took up this pathetic tripe & published this as a serious news article is beyond me, but this is a newpaper that claims
"Obama Birth Certificate Deniers Are Right-Wing Militants, Racists & Holocaust Deniers."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-1-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Well i would say that it is fairly accurate, we here in Aus all know it is unAustralian to put someone in or
blow the whistle on them, unless its your boss!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

i never liked that part about us its right for the wrong reasons and wrong for the right reasons or whatever
it still sucks tho
bring the maggots to the grave i say

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by acrux

Well i would say that it is fairly accurate, we here in Aus all know it is unAustralian to put someone in or
blow the whistle on them, unless its your boss!

He only dobbed in the Government..
Bosses don't come any bigger than that..

The only thing I don't like about Julian Assange is that he hasn't released ALL the dirt..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes i agree with that, what i would like to know is who is his boss?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

Yes i agree with that, what i would like to know is who is his boss?

Well that's the $million question but first, does he have a boss??

I'm on the fence with that one but if wiki doesn't start releasing some pay dirt then I may change sides..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Of course Assange has a boss, that would be the one who is profiting most from Wikileaks.
My boss just told me to get off the computer cause dinner is ready.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't think any one take zoo mag seriously matey,i know i don't, i sometimes read it for a laugh thou, life does not have to b serious all the time does it ?As for Julian,he needs to get out in the sun a bit,being that pale is bloody Australian, LOL ,

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found this thread to be so rediculous i decided to "bump" it,
too many poeple here in Aus see him as some sort of freedom fighter.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Dobbers in Australia are frowned upon as the lowest of the low.

That is really rich coming from you! But anyway! Julian is very typical Australian not UnAustralian as he stands up for the little guy & only wants a fair go!

new topics

top topics

join