It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

I'm going to read your links now...

Simulate ??? As far as I can recall whenever we simulate or have a drill it usually comes true shortly there after.
BTW some people call for TSHTF May 21st 2011.....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Simulate ??? As far as I can recall whenever we simulate or have a drill it usually comes true shortly there after.

After September 11, and when I learned they were having a simulation that day...
- I will never think the same way again.

edit on 24-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

From your link:

There are even those who believe that someday an earthquake will strike the New Madrid fault that will be so powerful that it will rip a hole in the center of the United States and will allow the Gulf of Mexico to pour in and create a new body of water in the middle of the continental United States.

If you look at any of the projected paths spreading out from the epicenter, it does make sense that the levy's and reservoirs of the great lakes will take a hit as well and those waters rush in tidal force to meet somewhere in between.

Have you ever lived on the ocean? If so I dont know what it is called but there are tides that come in as others are rushing out and it causes a huge smash when they reach one another. As a child and young woman I would go under right at the point where the two waves met and push up real fast from the bottom and it would send me flying many feet above the water.

I am no geologist as you know, but had a vision several years ago of this happening in the Midwest.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yes, it has! I posted the links to Moore's show in case you want to listen. Other than that mention it wasn't terribly interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh my
Now that you put it up there, I do remember reading that a few weeks ago.

Seems we are looking at some interesting times.
As that FEMA employee lady said in one of those articles, people better prepare.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by dnvrliz

After September 11, and when I learned they were having a simulaiton that day...
- I will never think the same way again.

And weren't there "going-ons" just before Haiti and the BP spill?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

Yes there is more than enough evidence surrounding the BP Disaster to arouse suspicion.
The Haiti quake was so large, and devasting. I did hear the rumors.
Here is one of the better threads on Haiti...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Exercise Objectives

Through a comprehensive evaluation process, the exercise will assess response and recovery capabilities both nationally and regionally. The exercise is designed to validate the following capabilities:

Communications
Critical resource logistics and distribution
Mass care (sheltering, feeding and related services)
Medical surge
Citizen evacuation and shelter-in-place
Emergency public information and warning
Emergency operations center (EOC) management
Long term recovery

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I am glad to see that some type of preparation is going into place. It is inevitable that another quake will strike the New Madrid zone, and it will most likely be catastrophic. It is a tragedy though that fema is just now taking the threat seriously.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

That list is in keeping with a drill, serious one at that.
However, as we have touched on here briefly,
sometimes drills turn into the real thing.

Take for instance this drill, in Texas.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

This all makes sense. They'll use HAARP to induce an earthquake and then they can impose martial law. This is pretty big stuff...

Check this out if you're interested
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
140 million MREs is 3 meals for about 46.6 million people, unless my math is off...

what's the total population of the proposed affected area?
edit on 24-1-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Roughly 35 mil

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
A few comments on this:

First, if the real deal happens, you'll only get one MRE per day. You'll be issued so much water too. You'll be hungry and thirsty. Now is the time to start getting your food stocked, and if need be in a safe area that will be most accessible to you. Have a plan in place, then a plan b and c. I used to live in the southern region for a time and an elderly man who was my neighbor used to talk about the new madrid to me. He said that if it ever went off in a huge way, we're talking major flooding on a catastrophic level.

Someone else in this thread mentioned having a vision of this water in the midwest. I too, a long time ago had a vision that the ocean was pouring right into the middle of Missouri.

No where is safe. I'm up near Yellowstone. I could go south and risk new madrid. Go west and risk the big one. I mean, anything can happen. When your time is up, it's up.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The nerve of them!

Imagine stocking up on supplies of food, water and blankets!

How dare they!

I think the conspiracy theorists should be more pissed off about this though, I mean why the hell would they want to feed, water and blanket people only to gas, guillotine and bury the very same people in mass graves??

Oh yeah and only 36 months? That's 3 years, it really is a suitable timeframe for such goods methinks.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Roughly 35 mil

that's (according to my fuzzy math) enough food for about 4 days.

140(million meals) / 3(meals per person) = 46.6[million people]

35million(rough population of affected area, thanks apodictic) x 4( estimated days) = 140(million meals)

thanks thunder heart woman. the average calories in an MRE is about 12-1600 calories last i knew, making it probable that they could sustain a non-active person for a day(though most people are used to eating 3+ meals)
edit on 24-1-2011 by ahmonrarh because: im making sure i'm correct with my number play!

edit on 24-1-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Not sure if someone already metioned it.

Wasn't there a post in the survival forum a few days back about some "Nr 10 Meals" sold out due to the government buying them all ?

Edit: Found it: Nr 10 food cans sold out

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Do you think they had haarp in 1811-1812? Could that be what caused those earthquakes too?

Come on man, earthquakes happen! It doesn't take harrp to set one off, the New Madrid would have killed many many people before if the area had been as populated as it is now. That is the big difference. 27 dams across the state of Tennessee that will, in succession, come down and flood low lying areas, ruin large amounts of the food supplied out of these areas. That is just one set of structures that weren't there in 1811-1812.

I read some true accountings of the quake back then, it was profound to me. This guy was riding his horse home when his horse stopped and spread it's legs out to each side, he didn't know what the hell the horse was doing, then he said he watched ahead of him as the dust was rising, he heard the cracking of the ground and it split right under him and his horse. He said trees shook and fell, and after it stopped the dust was so thick it was several minutes before you could see ahead of you, and his horse wouldn't rise.

It is inevitable that the New Madrid will have movement again.

The underlying cause of New Madrid earthquakes is not well understood, but modern faulting seems to be related to an ancient geologic feature buried under the Mississippi River alluvial plain, known as the Reelfoot Rift

en.wikipedia.org...

The epicenters of over 4,000 earthquakes can be identified from seismic measurements taken since 1974. It can be seen that the earthquakes originate from the seismic activity of the Reelfoot Rift. The zone which is colored in red on the map is called the New Madrid Seismic Zone

Geology is and interesting subject, plate tectonics don't need haarp to do it's dirty work, but they are just as mysterious and dangerous as you think haarp is.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i was born and raised in central illinois, and we were told of the quake of 1811-12 and another report was that the mississippi reversed itself too....

still have plenty of family there and that's a worry when the madrid burps again...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

No man I'm not saying that the fault can't do the work on it's own, I'm saying that if they wanted they could use HAARP to kind of "speed up" the process. Not saying they will, but you can't rule out the possibility right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join