Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by burntheships

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on just an "exercise". Like another person said, I agree that if they were really planning something detrimental, they probably wouldn't broadcast it over the internet. But it still seems very suspicious. The numbers are very specific. I was surprised to see that they have their purchases listed for the public to peruse. Very interesting.

I would like to look into it further before I decide what I think.

More links, anyone?

You know what? This is government waste spending at it finest if it is not some conspiracy and will not be consumed. Why would they order real supplies for 7 million people to simulate an event. This is real food, water, blankets. Couldn't they simply simulate this using fake pallets to practice moving and stacking them?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If they did, you can bet that they wouldn't be announcing it. They would have that pesky little problem of mass panic, if they did.

Is there anyone in the scientific realm saying anything about the New Madrid?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I wonder if a company associated with our mate Dick Cheney gets the contract?
Wouldn't surprise me in the least..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You would think so. I think that having the supplies on hand is great idea but using them for a "simulation" doesn't seem right at all.

You don't bring real firetrucks to a fire drill....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by koots751
reply to post by sjrily

Why have the links in your threads first post disappeared?
I always find that suspicious.

My first post in this thread?

They are working for me. Do they appear broken to you?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Is there anyone in the scientific realm saying anything about the New Madrid?

Yes, actually news popped up about the same time as the first bird deaths.

Eatrhquake hit Indiana December 30th 2011

Registering a somewhat modest 3.8 on the Richter scale, today's quake was centered in the north-central part of Indiana, an area not all that accustomed to seismic activity. While the specific fault has yet to be determined, the area borders the New Madrid Seismic Zone, a large area of interconnecting fault lines that has produced the country's most powerful recorded quakes.

www.aolnews.com...

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Could anybody find a schedule for when the HAARP will be active this year. I did some searching and the only thing I found was this.

How frequently is the HF transmitter used? The HF Transmitter is used during research campaigns to support interactive study of the ionosphere. A typical research period may last one or two weeks and several such campaigns may occur in a given year.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Now I know that people on ATS will come and attack me for mentioning HAARP. If you believe it good, if you don't good. I am just curious as to when it will be fired up. We need to monitor this thing around May, or whenever the date the exercise is.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Most frustrating Fact of Life:

No matter how well you've prepared, you're NEVER prepared for what eventually gets you!

Good luck to all the planners at FEMA.

However, something tells me that If the "S" hits the "F" we'll be faced with situations and circumstances that will require less strategic planning and more tactical flexibility than most private, corporate and/or governmental organizations are equipped for, and capable of providing.

If you really want to be prepared, folks, brush up on your "McGuyver" skills!

Prepare yourself to do virtually anything with whatever you might be able to find at hand.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hello! When I first read this I thought it sounded like food for millions of people... I did a little math and what I came up with was that 140,000,000 meals to last for 36 months would only feed approximately 3,500 people 3 meals a day... Maybe it's not as big as it sounds?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ExPostFacto

You would think so. I think that having the supplies on hand is great idea but using them for a "simulation" doesn't seem right at all.

You don't bring real firetrucks to a fire drill....

You would want them though, if you were the fire department and performing the drill for instructional/practice/testing purposes wouldn't you (as FEMA is doing)???

And they will probably consume some of these supplies (just like the fire department would very likely consume water putting out a fire during a drill). The supplies that they don't consume would probably be nice to have on hand if there were some sort of disaster in the next 36 months too, don't you think? It's not likely they will use them all during the drill, however it is also unlikely that they will throw the remaining supplies in the trash... Again, if they order them for the drill, they will still be on hand in case of any other real situation in the following 36 months.

As to the location of the drill... It is the 200th anniversary of the quake for which the fault is named. Seems like, since they are doing an annual drill, it would be logical to simulate known events that have had known effects. Why not simulate something that actually happened (as noted in this link)?
edit on 23-1-2011 by Milk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

Good math, only thing is the exercise they have planned does not last for 36 months.
It most likely will last for 8 to 10 days.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yellowstone is about to blow from things Ive read today. That would be one scenario of many. They will look for any reason to enact martial law and order the executive orders to take our home grown food supply or stash.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Since you live in the area not a bad idea.
This guys YouTube channel www.youtube.com...
might be the one to keep an eye on. He seems keyed into it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I know what you mean, liejunkie!
I'm not trying to promote doom, and I'm not even really sure what I make of all this, but I do notice patterns (whether I want to or not). Sometimes they mean something, sometimes they don't (or rather, we don't discern them), but awareness and inquiry is never a bad thing!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Thank you for the link. I am definitely going to keep tabs on it. I really enjoy your thread.

I will check in on this thread tomorrow. Unfortunately I have some trig to do for my pipe welding class.

link   
What? FEMA has other plans than processing us into reptilian food?

It's not a matter of if a cataclysmic event such as this will strike, it's when. Such clamor is a good reason to prepare basic things for yourself, if the Madrid is hit it may even effect me here in CA. I've heard the word 'May' get tossed around.

Like I said, it's only a matter of time. The end of this galactic cycle is bringing change beyond cognition, natural disasters will most certainly play their part. We are on a J curve, so things will accelerate in intensity.

Oh and the shelf life only needs to be 'till 2013, so it could be for anything.

link   

For some reason I totally misread the op. I was distracted and apparently didn't finish reading it either. I thought it was implying something totally different. I feel kinda silly now. Oh well, at least I got my math lesson in for the day, and now everyone knows the answer to how many people could survive on 140 million meals for three years. You know you've always wanted to know that... :p

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

No worries, its alright.
Its understandable. Your math is right on the money.

Its the FEMA math that does not add up.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on just an "exercise". Like another person said, I agree that if they were really planning something detrimental, they probably wouldn't broadcast it over the internet. But it still seems very suspicious. The numbers are very specific. I was surprised to see that they have their purchases listed for the public to peruse. Very interesting.

I would like to look into it further before I decide what I think.

More links, anyone?

Maybe they bought it for themselves. We seen how they handled Katrina. They are probably headed for the bunkers with their family after the Iran Nuke talks failed.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I did also find a record here that after the Chile Earthquake in February 2010 several states started a discussion concerning the New Madrid Fault Zone.

Scientist from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration said that the Chile earthquake probably shifted the Earth's axis and shortened the length of our day by 1.26 microseconds. Another thing, that I thought was very interesting was that Professor Rietbrock at U.K.'s Liverpool University said that this clash of the plates caused the entire world to "ring like a bell".

www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-01/chilean-quake-likely-shifted-earth-s-axis-nasa-scientist-says.html

The Governor of Missouri after urging from safety experts had a summit conference in February 19 to discuss safety procedures with law enforcement, and several state groups in the event of an earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. On February 22 further warnings to prepare in the event of seismic activity was also determined. The New Madrid fault zone is different than most fault zones because of the bedrock sediment which consists of sand and mud, and fracture lines. Safety preparative teams have been training on rescue, and helps in readiness for any possible threat. Three of the largest earthquakes to hit the United States have been in the New Madrid Zone. If a possible earthquake would happen in this area of large magnitude, states such as Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky,Tennessee,Mississippi, and Alabama would be affected.
www.associatedcontent.com...
edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join