It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain House Foods removed all #10 cans.......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
According to a news release this was due to a massive increase in purchases.

Mountain House

The word on the streets (internet forums) is that the Fed has been buying up huge quantities of #10 cans although Mountain House denies the claim. I read a post elsewhere yesterday where the poster claimed he wrote to Mt. House and was told that yes, the Feds have been buying all of the #10 cans leaving none for the rest of their customers. I can't verify that, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

This raises some flags for me and impresses upon me even more to increase my seed stock. I'd suggest that if the Fed feels the need for long term food storage to this degree, we all start putting a bit more back.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It seems kind of fishy to me. You'd think they'd leave the product listed and be taking backorders. Keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Interesting to me that Amazon is still offering the Mountain House #10 cans. It could be that Amazon has not yet gotten the word. They indicate that theirs are sold by disasternecessities and that they are in stock.

Thanks for the head's up!

ETA: The above link was just for the beef stew. Different businesses are selling Mountain House #10s, such as TheFreezeDryGuy, etc.
edit on 15/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I feel that things like this are just the begining.
I think we may start seeing more shortages in
the near future.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

They say that smaller companies still have some #10 cans... guess the mass sales hasn't caught up to them yet?

We do have a small number of dealers that we will continue to make and ship #10 cans to and you will need to contact them directly to place an order. For a list of dealers, please contact us at [email protected]

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Augason Farms still has #10 cans and does not expect delay in delivery. While its not exactly Mountain House it is long term storage and available.
I'll try to get time today to check out more providers and post their status.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Interesting find, Seen; any idea when this started or how long it has been happening? Also would be interesting to see where this is being taken to... as high as food is getting at the grocery store, I was already planning on breaking a lot more ground this year than I have in quite awhile, have a couple of friends already approached me about helping tend and work it...

I will keep an eye on this for updates, and see what developes...

seeker

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The net is all abuzz with chatter about Mountain House, the cause and ramifications of the "so called" shortage.

Bulk Survival Food

... said they hoped to resume those sales by June 15th.

At The Daily Sheeple (no longer an active link - using a cached copy) Dec. 10, 2010 Mountain House already had a shortage going on.
Cached article.

Mountain House Sales Division Manager Melanie Cornutt said it is true that larger distributors and dealers are receiving limited stocks of inventory, and that Mountain House is unable to provide freeze dried foods in #10 cans to smaller distributors due to significant global demand.

and from shtfplan.com

When asked what the cause for the atypical demand may be, Ms. Cornutt said, “we have nothing concrete, but we believe this is contributing to most of it - Federal reserve talking about buying $600 billion worth of treasury notes, which could de-value the USD, hence causing inflation fears. In addition, we have had many Americans call and express concerns with our current government.”

I'll keep digging.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but what are #10 cans?
2nd line for ignorance.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And this message of denial from Mountain House.
We want to clarify inaccurate information that is being said on the internet, news and radio. This situation is not due to sales to the government domestically or internationally. We do sell products to this market, but we also sell other market segments, including Ingredient and Private Brand markets. The reason for this decision is solely due to an unexpected sales spike in #10 cans sales.
www.mountainhouse.com...
Did somebody just plug in the fan?
edit on 15-1-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Interesting! Mountain House is a subsidiary of Oregon Freeze Dry and I found this article pertaining to Oregon Freeze Dry written just a few days ago.

DemocratHerald.com

Looking back: 2010 full of hope and frustrations. ............. 5. Manufacturers learn new tricks Oregon Freeze Dry in Albany entered the high-tech energy business with a Seattle partner and federal funding. Freeze Dry and National Frozen Foods continued to display continued strength in the midst of challenging economic times.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

# 10 cans are the ones that are gallon sized.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

In my first post I posted a link to their "official" statement. I'm saying I don't believe it. It would not be the first time Mountain House couldn't sell to the general public because the government bought out their stock.

Are feds stockpiling survival food?
World Net Daily

We're told that the feds bought the entire container of canned butter when it hit the California docks.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe it is time for the fed to replace the last stockpile they had...

Canned foods do not last forever, I'm sure they have to replace canned goods every so often

just a thought

Jr.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Freeze dried lasts upwards of 25 years. The last time this happened with Mountain House was only 2008. They could be replacing older food stores and moving from canned to dried and freeze dried. Wonder what they do with the old stuff? Wouldn't surprise me if they sent it to be fed to kids in public schools

Edit to add: I like your avatar - I remember the commercial it is taken from, too.
edit on 15/1/2011 by SeenMyShare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Yeah that sounds about right, at least for the school I went to

As for my avatar I thought it was fitting for the times, however the commercial was before my time.

Anyway I believe at places like Cheyanne Mt. it would be about time to replace food stores that were stocked in the 80's/90's however I feel that the gov would have it's own farm land to grow and raise their own food sources.

Wait no sorry that makes sense so it couldn't possibly be something the feds would do

Edit to add: speaking of avatars that looks like my son's new horse
that is a Great Dane right?

edit on 15-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can't link all the appropriate related threads right this second, but over the last month on ATS a clear theme/emergency has been becoming more apparent. Just in the last couple of days there have been threads about world food stores being at critical levels, and a hard winter making things even worse. The "wheat stem rust" has decimated Africa's wheat crops and the disease has now showed up in Australia and North America. Honey Bees have been disappearing for years. The last month has seen many dead birds and fish, not altogether unusual, but still significant. The Gulf of Mexico contamination will become more and more significant over the coming year or two as the problems work their way up the food chain. Contamination and death of microbial life in the depths, along with contaminated breeding grounds will lower food supplies for the sea life, and it will work its way right up to humans. The sun rose two days early in Greenland for the first time in recorded history. The active sun cycle has failed to materialize, so we are definitely in an unprecedented solar lull, and even if the sun finally does become active, there have been numerous warnings of what an active solar cycle could do to modern electronics, satellites, and power grids.

There are obviously some cycles of natural, economical, and technological systems that are all reaching their stress points at about the same time. It is impossible to predict how it will all turn out, but the glaring fact is that we should all be prepared for whatever may come!

Important:
Mend your personal relationships, learn about your local ecology, learn some basic survival skills, tell your loved ones how much you care, make peace with your god, and then live your life in peace with your neighbors and your environment. Prepare for a long happy life, while at the same time preparing for basic necessities in a short-term emergency. That is all that any of us can do, and if we do those basic things, we don't have to live in constant fear. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and live every day as if it might be your last. You can't go wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Anyway I believe at places like Cheyanne Mt. it would be about time to replace food stores that were stocked in the 80's/90's however I feel that the gov would have it's own farm land to grow and raise their own food sources.

Quite the opposite! The government pays farmers for "lay-out" to keep them from growing food supplies or letting cattle roam on fertile land. It is supposed to help stabilize global food prices and allow contingency plans for emergency cropland, but it seems criminal to do this while people starve. Just my opinion.

One "Conservation" program" , but there are many other ways to get paid for NOT FARMING!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
COSTCO has a great Freeze-dried selection

Costco has 7 day packages and 1 year supplies. Good selection, good quality.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yes, the school I went to must have used the expired cans as well

Gov't growing their own food? Getting their hands dirty? Now THAT I'd LOVE to see

Yes, she is a Great Dane and a great dog! She is one of four Danes we have. I'll have to switch out my avatar for one of the others soon

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join