It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by stealthXninja

Good math, only thing is the exercise they have planned does not last for 36 months.
It most likely will last for 8 to 10 days.

Right - it's 2 meals a day for 7M people:

'The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations. FEMA is considering the following specifications (14M meals per day):" (from burntheships first link)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Wait, I don't get this, I'm confused? Are they going to be rounding people up or what....?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

As far as I can see there is no indication that they are doing that,
or anything like that. This seems to be specifically related to The New Madrid
Fault Zone area, and perhaps the NLE that takes place there scheduled for this May.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well yeah I'm in Chicago so I'm in one of those states, but thanks, I was confused. It seems like it'd be an easy way to round people up without a struggle by saying it was a drill

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
One other mention from 2008 of concern for the area...

Government warns of "catastrophic" U.S. quake

Reuters) - People in a vast seismic zone in the southern and midwestern United States would face catastrophic damage if a major earthquake struck there and should ensure that builders keep that risk in mind, a government report said on Thursday.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency said if earthquakes strike in what geologists define as the New Madrid Seismic Zone, they would cause "the highest economic losses due to a natural disaster in the United States."

FEMA predicted a large earthquake would cause "widespread and catastrophic physical damage" across Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee -- home to some 44 million people....

"People who live in these areas and the people who build in these areas certainly need to take into better account that at some time there is ... expected to be a catastrophic earthquake in that area, and they'd better be prepared for it," said FEMA spokesperson Mary Margaret Walker.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I dont know for sure, but the MREs that we used to get issued, were enough protien etc to last a man one day.
The meals which they are trying to procure, are probably similar boxes with a few sheets of toilet wad, some gum, a few hard candies,perhaps Chocolate energy bars, one main meal,(like lasagna or beans and wieners(whatever they decide for menu.....and maybe a few personal goodies.....
I would imagine thaat it would be expected that one issue would do a survivor for one whole day, three meals....
Not that there would be three whole meals in it.
It makes sense to me that they would expect people to tighten their belts, and eat a little less.
140,000,000 meals would then be good for three times longer or three times more people.
If the rations are army style then it would be economical to rotate the meals into the field rations of troops before they expire, and while they are reasonably fresh(though ive ate some pretty old dated rations.)
Further since the rations would be service type, i imagine that halliburton would get the major portion of the contract,or one of its subsidiaries,as they already supply these things to the army.

it makes little sense to stock up rations which will not be used, or expire before use so the timing of the expirey may be simply because they will rotate the stock in and out as it becomes short of shelf life.
The recent activity at yellowstone, and pacific ocean vulcanism, and earthquakes,as well as accellerated small quakes elsewhere in the last few months,certainly may have built up a catalogue of events which the scientists can find usefull in building a pattern, and predicting future activity.
There may be some forewarning that we are not being privy to.
I sure intend to keep a sharp weather eye on whats going down in all the danger zones for a while.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You would think so. I think that having the supplies on hand is great idea but using them for a "simulation" doesn't seem right at all.

You don't bring real firetrucks to a fire drill....

You would want them though, if you were the fire department and performing the drill for instructional/practice/testing purposes wouldn't you (as FEMA is doing)???

And they will probably consume some of these supplies (just like the fire department would very likely consume water putting out a fire during a drill). The supplies that they don't consume would probably be nice to have on hand if there were some sort of disaster in the next 36 months too, don't you think? It's not likely they will use them all during the drill, however it is also unlikely that they will throw the remaining supplies in the trash... Again, if they order them for the drill, they will still be on hand in case of any other real situation in the following 36 months.

As to the location of the drill... It is the 200th anniversary of the quake for which the fault is named. Seems like, since they are doing an annual drill, it would be logical to simulate known events that have had known effects. Why not simulate something that actually happened (as noted in this link)?
edit on 23-1-2011 by Milk because: (no reason given)

Just to clarify, when I said "fire drill", I meant like the drills in elementary school. The alarm goes off, everyone goes outside, etc. There were never actual firetrucks out there waiting.

It seems to me that you interpreted my statement in an entirely different way than I meant it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
According to John Moore, who was discussing this on his show today (on RBN), FEMA is also requesting underwater body bags.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Interesting.
Would you post a link to that when you can?
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

But a fire drill in the way that you meant it has no correlation to the situation. That would be more like the people of the affected area doing a preparedness drill.

The FEMA drill correlates to a fire department performing a drill for refining their processes.

Guess that's what had me confused.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well if there are approximately 38 Million people in the probable affected areas of New Madras fault zone, then how does that break down if they are only preparing for 10 days worth of meals? Here are the States I looked up as of the 2009 census and then added a bit to each for unknowns:

Illinois 13,mil.
Mo. 6,mil.
Ten. 6 1/2, mil.
La. 4 1/2 mil.
Ark. 3,mil.

This is just strange and does not make sense. What do they know that they are not telling us? And why the Navy and the water body bags? Would this be because the entire midwest will split open and bodies will be rushing through the back water coming up from the gulf and the great lakes descending on the entire farm belt? Also if the gulf water do flow upwards it is going to be one hell of a mess when they reach the water from the great lakes rushing down towards the gulf.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Ok well I found that link, however its from October 2101, and does not look
too alarming. www.fbo.gov...

I dont personally think that is connected. At least for now...

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
HEY WAIT!

I got to thinking - are we talking 7 million people or 7 thousand people? We often use the letter M for thousand (Roman numeral). Maybe that makes more sense? I know a major quake here will do a lot of damage, but 7 millon people without the means to feed themselves?

I think it's 7,000 - maybe. Can anyone else find any (credible) numbers on estimated homeless?
edit on 1/23/11 by sjrily because: maybe

link   
reply to post by antar

That scenario you describe, is that even possible geographically speaking?
I remember reading the concern about the Gulf Oil Drilling by BP and te possibility
that the tetonic plates were connected.

thisistheendoftheworldasweknowit.com...

link   

It's in the member archive at republicbroadcasting.org. Not sure the links will work but will try! He mentions it in hour 1 and again at the end of hour 2:

Hour 1
Hour 2

If I recall correctly, he also said that he was going to inquire (of his sources) about this and the two sun disclosure (he thinks it's cover for Niburu) and talk about it more next week (Sunday afternoon 3-5 CST).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Milk

It was just an analogy. It made sense to me at the time.

I guess in my mind drill and simulation are pretty much the same thing. They both involve going through to motions to perfect a plan or procedure.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by Milk

It was just an analogy. It made sense to me at the time.

I guess in my mind drill and simulation are pretty much the same thing. They both involve going through to motions to perfect a plan or procedure.

No worries. Drill and simulation are pretty much the same thing to me as well. I think our difference is merely from what perspective the drill is taking place. In any event, the differences in your analogy and my interpretation of the same analogy is merely that. A difference of interpretation and from whose perspective that drill takes place.
edit on 1-24-2011 by Milk because: grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That is what I thought at first, but when he referred to it again in the second hour, it sounded like it was part of this latest series of requisitions.

Btw, the link you provided is only from 2 1/2 months ago, so it is still fairly recent. Might be what he was referring to. I will listen next week to see if he has more info.

edit on 24-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: m

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well after the start of this new year, and everything that has happened,
at this point it would not be a suprise.

Its been a doozie of a year already.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Never mind my numbers post. The link you posted estimates 7 milliom homeless.

Great article! I read this last summer and that's when I started following things closer (especially since my area of Arkansas had it's first ever recorded earthquake 10 days after the BP event - then 6 more within three months)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join