It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 U.S. Troops Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
One of those deaths is in Beiji, Iraq. My brother is stationed there and we have not heard from him yet. Please pray for his safety and those who are lost.

(CBS/AP) Insurgents ambushed two U.S. military patrols north of Baghdad on Sunday, separate attacks that killed three U.S. soldiers and an Iraqi civilian. The U.S. military announced four Marines were killed in a vehicle accident.

networks.org...:2003:02:24:iraq:main541815

You can see my brothers unit page Camp Summerall at campsummerall.typepad.com...

[edit on 11-7-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not good,

I hope he's ok my thoughts are with you and your family!

Ill say a prayer for him tonight, Im sure he is fine!
LEt us know when you here from him

Asala

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hope All is ok and well
thoughts with you and your family
se7en

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'l do a prayer for you right now. Hope everything is alright and my thought and prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.

If your on asnow come in chat and you can listen to some of us dafties

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for all your prayers, this is a big concern for military families. We haven't told my Mom about the news yet, still hoping to hear from my brother

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hey deep - thoughts and prayers to you and your family. God bless em and keep your brother safe.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Iraqi was won over a year ago. Why should they still be there?

When will American people know Enough is Enough and bring troops home?

Who should American people turn to to bring their loved ones home? Bush? Kerry? Nader?

Even if you brother is ok this time, what about tomorrow? Bring them home will make them safe!

[edit on 11-7-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. I don't believe our men should be there anymore either. But unfortunately it's not up to me.

I just pray for them each day and hope that God is with them.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I will say a prayer right now for your brother and all our service men and women right now. Have strength.
joey

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Man how would that look the US retreating from Iraq with our tail between our legs nope wont happen we shouldn't give the French and the terrorist what they want uhh...sorry I cant pray for you loved one I don't believe in god

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW.

The are getting slaughtered out there.

We wouldn't look like cowards, yutz - WE'D LOOK SMART!!!

YOU CANNOT "WHIP" AN IDEOLOGY.

WE HAVE OVER 8 THOUSAND US CASUALTIES.

THE WORLD THINKS WE ARE STUPID SADISTS FOR KEEPING THEM OVER THERE.

The longer our troops are there the greater number of anti-us factions
will appear throughout the world. USE YOUR HEAD, DOPE.

Armchair warrior machismo will not only lead our soldiers to their deaths on a daily basis - it's gonna up our chances of being nuked here at home tenfold, too.

STOP BEING A DUMB AMERICAN.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW AND SHOW THE WORLD WE AREN'T
BRAIN-DEAD COUCH POTATOES WHO VIEW WAR AS A VIDEO-GAME.

YOU CANNOT "HUNT DOWN" MULTITUDES OF SUICIDE-BOMBERS
WITH GROUND TROOPS.

(WHY ARE AMERICANS SO STUPID??)

BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
wow i thought the war was over.

I dont know, you go over seas to free a people and bang! your in the middle of a war-zone, he must have been shocked to find out he was in Iraq with other US troops killing whatever moves.

in saying that, i do hope he comes home safe, as i dont like to see ANYONE die, but hey did he (for real) think he was going over to free a people from a bad bad man, or was it a case of, lets get the bastards for 9/11 (which had nothing to do with Iraq)

I think they should call all the troops home and free us all from another bad bad man, whos only interest seems to be war, oil, money, control, power, holy sheep Sh!t, you would think we were talking about the same person!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We own the Iraqi people a stable Iraq and we have to finish what we started and I hate people who go in the military and do not expect war duh its the military if you don't like war don't join grrr...also we have to make an example of Iraq of what democracy is so more middle eastern countries will adopt it and over 8000 US casualties uhh...? And I could care less about what the world thinks we cant change our plans and our way because of what the world thinks and can you imagine how bad we would have lost WW2 if people like you existed OMG 1 person died stop the world and the war recall the troops back home OMG...GET OVER IT ITS WAR PEOPLE DIE!!! As harsh as that is its true

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
uhh...sorry I cant pray for you loved one I don't believe in god

WestPoint23, You have NO sense of compassion whatsoever.

Sanc'.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
God doesn't save anyone, but here's wishing your bro's ok. Have you ever noticed how those who lose someone over there tend to turn anti-establishment really quick? Sometimes it takes a rude awakening, perhaps. In "saving" America from a country that had no plan to attack us, we've lost more than 1000. Does this really make sense to anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just bring troops home! No more blood for aggression!

Return Iraq to Iraqi people. If do want to help Iraq, give Iraqis control of oil revenue and US fund for reconstruction.

Iraqi people can rebuild Iraq quick and cheaply compared to Halliburton. And Iraqi people will be whole-heartedly thankful of the generosity of US.

Bring you loved ones out of the harms way!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Though battles in places such as Fallujah and Najaf have gotten far more attention, the Marine battalion in this provincial capital has encountered the most deadly combat fighting and logged the highest number of casualties of any U.S. battalion since the war in Iraq began. "

"In the past four months of fighting, the 2nd Battalion of the 4th Marine Regiment - nicknamed "The Magnificent Bastards" - has had 31 killed and 175 wounded, roughly 20% of its 1,000-man fighting strength. "

"In street fighting, rebels have flanked Marine positions, stood and fought to the death in some instances, or made controlled, text-book withdrawals. In one street battle in April, at least five Marines - including a platoon commander, 2nd Lt. John Wroblewski, 25, of Oak Ridge, N.J. - were killed or badly wounded by single shots to the head."

With the transfer of power, Marines reduced patrols of troubled neighborhoods. There's a sense among some Marines that they have ceded these neighborhoods to insurgents. Some worry that rebels are gathering strength.

"They control the whole tempo of the battlefield," says Echo Company Gunnery Sgt. Bernard Coleman, 37, of Hampton, Va. "If they want to wait a month to attack, they can do that. While all that time, we're just waiting. There's always more people out there who hate us."

www.usatoday.com...

I am wondering how can a force sustain when it received 20% casualty.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by zcheng]

[edit on 12-7-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Just bring troops home! No more blood for aggression!

Return Iraq to Iraqi people. If do want to help Iraq, give Iraqis control of oil revenue and US fund for reconstruction.

Iraqi people can rebuild Iraq quick and cheaply compared to Halliburton. And Iraqi people will be whole-heartedly thankful of the generosity of US.

Bring you loved ones out of the harms way!

We cant bring the troops home till we eliminate the insurgent threat.

We did turn Iraq to its people on June 31. We have returned its oil revenues to Iraq. And we can�t start the reconstruction with OUR money till the security is better.

I'm sure they can but once again what's the point of building something if its going to get blown again the security has to be better.
And the Iraqi people piss me off first they want us out of the country then when the insurgents attack them they come crying back to us like little girls errr... they cant have it both ways.

And this war has had the lowest casualty of any invasion ever ok so stop the BS about people dying yeah its part of war get over it.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
but hey did he (for real) think he was going over to free a people from a bad bad man, or was it a case of, lets get the bastards for 9/11 (which had nothing to do with Iraq)

Believe it or not, most soldiers don't agree with this war either. My brother didn't sign up for Iraq he was drafted. Nearly on his way home when our wonderful presidents stop loss order drafted him and gave him his orders for Iraq. He didn't have a choice.

Still no word from him. I'm getting concerned

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, I mean no disrespect to your brother, but then again I guess I do. I have no respect for the United States military. If they were merely doing their job, that would "okay." But they treat the Iraqi civilians and prisoners like animals, and that disgusts me. This is well documented in many independant media/news clips as well as Moore's new movie, Fahrenheit 9/11 in which Iraqi prisoners are humiliated to please the American soldiers.
But, I'll pray for your brother anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join