It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 U.S. Troops Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
We cant bring the troops home till we eliminate the insurgent threat.

I can assure you that you will never achieve that unless all you kill all Iraqi people.

We did turn Iraq to its people on June 31. We have returned its oil revenues to Iraq. And we cant start the reconstruction with OUR money till the security is better.

Ask the Iraqi people, only they can answer whether they have got their country back.

I'm sure they can but once again what's the point of building something if its going to get blown again the security has to be better.
And the Iraqi people piss me off first they want us out of the country then when the insurgents attack them they come crying back to us like little girls errr... they cant have it both ways.

Who asked US to stay? Of course, US asked the US puppet to ask US to stay. :LOL:

And this war has had the lowest casualty of any invasion ever ok so stop the BS about people dying yeah its part of war get over it.

What about the first Iraq war?
Do you think Pentagon released all information on casualty?

I am wondering since your feeling for Iraqi people so strong, why not go there? Someone said Iraqi has the best weight loss program in the world. When lose a limb or two, you can get rid of 30 pounds or more. :LOL:

[edit on 13-7-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
but hey did he (for real) think he was going over to free a people from a bad bad man, or was it a case of, lets get the bastards for 9/11 (which had nothing to do with Iraq)

Believe it or not, most soldiers don't agree with this war either. My brother didn't sign up for Iraq he was drafted. Nearly on his way home when our wonderful presidents stop loss order drafted him and gave him his orders for Iraq. He didn't have a choice.

Still no word from him. I'm getting concerned

I apologise to you Sir, as I was Ignorant to the details of your brothers case.

I hope your brother turns up safe and well.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
God forbid an occupied people should fight back.

He was drafted? Hmm that's gota suck, to have home in sight then be shipped off to some other war.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by SiRiNO]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO
God forbid an occupied people should fight back.

He was drafted? Hmm that's gota suck, to have home in sight then be shipped off to some other war.

I see draft coming to all towns in Jan 2005.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And the Iraqi people piss me off first they want us out of the country then when the insurgents attack them they come crying back to us like little girls errr... they cant have it both ways.
ok so stop the BS about people dying yeah its part of war get over it.

WP23, I quote, "out of the country". It's a Nation.
This just demonstrates your ignorance and 'in your face' attitude.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
zcheng the first Iraqi war was not an invasion and occupation get your facts straight. I am joining the armed services im planning to go to west point and weather Iraq is a nation or country you get the point.
Have a nice day

[edit on 13-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

zcheng the first Iraqi war was not an invasion and occupation ok get your facts straight and I am joining the armed services im planning to go to west point ok and weather Iraq is a nation or country you get the point ok.
Have a nice day

At least you agree that current War is an invasion and occupation, not liberation. Great.

Same as Nazi Germany invaded Poland, France, etc, invaders should be defeated by whatever means available. Good luck to your occupation.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Same as Nazi Germany invaded Poland, France, etc, invaders should be defeated by whatever means available. Good luck to your occupation.

Since Iraq invaded Kuwait, doesn't that mean (by your own logic) that we were right to invade Iraq.

It is no longer an occupation as we turned control over to the Iraqi governing council.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

zcheng the first Iraqi war was not an invasion and occupation get your facts straight. I am joining the armed services im planning to go to west point and weather Iraq is a nation or country you get the point.

WP23, you better 'cram' for your language q/a on your entry exam.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
It is no longer an occupation as we turned control over to the Iraqi governing council.

What would you call it then? Sounds like BS semantics, to me.
It doesn't matter who's supposedly "in control", we're still there. There = occupation, does it not? The root word is "occupy", and yes, we're occupying space there.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
sanctum oh that hurt so bad

Also we are there to provide security until their forces are ready to take control and they have not asked us to leave because they need security from us and according to your logic when the allies invaded Germany we were the bad ones and we should have been defeated nice logic

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Can you really call it a free country when they have 140,000 foreign troops running around in tanks and heavy armor?

Do they have the capability to say "Ok we can take it from here, get out. And take your corporations with you, we have our own."

Nope. Of course the Governing Council or whatever they are now called has the ability to say that (on paper), but not only are they pretty much US appointed puppets, but the bottom line is they are POLITICIANS. Don't count on them to do anything that is solely in the public interest.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
you are right - the Iraqis most certainly don't have control of their govt.

Many Americans will say "we can't just leave, though" - because sadly, many Americans are arrogant and think we are superior to the cultures we invade.

We need to bring the troops home now. They are being slaughtered over there - the casualty stats we see on the TV are fudged. Soldiers are humans, not superheros. It's not possible to kill an ideology and our troops shouldn't be forced to try.

Unforuntately most Americans don't know what the word "ideology" means, though, so this is a mute point.

Iraqis want us out. Many, many military personnel feel they were duped and are risking their lives for oil. The world thinks we are nuts for being there.

Bring the troops home now.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes they do have the power to say ok we want you to leave and the stats we see on TV are real every single one also answer me this if the US were to leave what would happen to Iraq? And the solider who lost their lives*salutes the soldiers* if we pulled out they died for nothing we have to see this mission through and make Iraq a secure place.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes they do have the power to say ok we want you to leave and the stats we see on TV are real every single one also answer me this if the US were to leave what would happen to Iraq? And the solider who lost their lives*salutes the soldiers* if we pulled out they died for nothing we have to see this mission through and make Iraq a secure place.

Do you ever know, "cut the lose", in a failed investment? In this case, it is an adventure.

More heroic US soldiers will dye for nothing. Cut the lose, bring them home. The lost ones allow you to know that US can not occupation Iraq, that is their value. They die, so those still live, and live still.

Bring them home. It is a lost war, and a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
deeprivergal, have you heard from your brother yet? I hope so.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
spare me the "US soldiers are evil and torture Iraqis" BS. Please.

Our soldiers went over there thinking they were avenging the Twin Towers; most soldiers are very young, remember - they aren't like, in their 40's.

Many soldiers treated the Iraqis kindly. You're just not going to see the good stuff on the news. They had bombs thrown at them early on.
You didn't see THAT on the news, either. Lets face it the mainstream US media is run by a bunch of money-hungry geeks who aren't going to sympathize with a soldier's plight.

Lets get down to the real snooty American problem at hand: most soldiers are poor; they sign up for the benefits. THAT'S why people like to zero in on the bad. You think Bush gives a hoot about your average lower-income infantry guy from Small Town, Alabama? Of course he doesn't. He's a billionaire who never worked a day in his life. And sadly, there are many, many spoiled Americans who share his "look down at the lower class" mentality.

There's also alot of spoiled Americans who've never had a real problem one. Why do you think so many people dislike us? Got news for you, guys - we were dispised LONG before our soldiers entered Iraq so don't blame our troops for anti-US sentiment.

Here's an eye-opening revelation to all you pampered Americans who knock US soldiers. Ready?

WAR DOESN'T BRING OUT THE NICENESS IN PEOPLE.

See, if you learned anything from Vietnam you'd know that already.
That's why war has to be avoided at all costs.

Not every soldier is a sadist; anyone whose ever been affiliated with the military knows that. However, when you're thrust into a derranged situation you become....derranged.

Simple!

Our soldiers did indeed think they were "liberating" an oppressed people.
Doncha all remember how Bush went on and on about Saddam's brutality to his own kind? Of course we all know he sent them out there for oil - but don't ever blame our troops for that. Blame the US *civilian public* for allowing this to go on as long as it has. You don't see cities across the country staging en mass protests about this, do you? You don't see
Americans taking off from work, getting off their big butts and making
this issue a priority, do you? How come europeans rally all the time?

America is a pass the buck society. Don't blame the soldiers in Iraq for this mess - blame YOURSELF. We support Isreal & we've allowed our troops to be slaughtered over there on a daily basis for WAY too long a time.

If you have a problem with the Iraq war - act like men, visit Washington and PROTEST. Don't sit on your butts in front of a computer like a bunch of
weenies spouting "anti-soldier" nonsense. Your government sent them over there. TAKE ACTION LIKE GROWN-UPS.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
People... this is not supposed to be a thread about whether the US should be in Iraq or not. This is a thread of support for deeprivergal - and I sure hope her brother makes it home safely.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Bushblows, congradulations. You just got my way above vote. My hat is off to you, friend.

DE

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
bushblows, you got mine as well. Great words to ponder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join