It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 U.S. Troops Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"But they treat the Iraqi civilians and prisoners like animals, and that disgusts me"

You know what? If I thought for one minute that the Iraqi's weren't mistreating our soldiers, the POW's, then I would feel sorry for them. However, they DO, you just don't hear the stories of how they abuse and mistreat and misuse our men and women. Open your eyes!Text Black

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WuvLove
You know what? If I thought for one minute that the Iraqi's weren't mistreating our soldiers, the POW's, then I would feel sorry for them. However, they DO, you just don't hear the stories of how they abuse and mistreat and misuse our men and women. Open your eyes!Text Black

How will you treat invaders, if they killed or humiliated your love ones like your wife or children?

Iraqi people do not come to US to kill US soldiers. I fully support what Iraqi resistance doing to gain national independence and get rid of occupation. For Iraqi people, they are freedom fighters, not terrorists. This is a immoral war, it is aggression.

Bring troops home, when it is still not too late.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
also we have to make an example of Iraq of what democracy is so more middle eastern countries will adopt it

yeh, this worked really well in vietnam...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

they died for nothing

well, you're right on the money with this one.

we have to see this mission through and make Iraq a secure place.

Impossible.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Any one interested in the report from another side of Iraq War?

Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Sunday, 11 July 2004 through Wednesday, 14 July 2004
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

It is everyone's own taste to decide how much to trust. Personally, I find it much more realistic than what is reported on CNN or Fox.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
Iraqi people do not come to US to kill US soldiers. I fully support what Iraqi resistance doing to gain national independence and get rid of occupation. For Iraqi people, they are freedom fighters, not terrorists. This is a immoral war, it is aggression.

So Zcheng, are you saying that if China invades Taiwan, that the CHinese are terrorists? Can you explain your double standard?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
shoktek im glad we don't have people like you and zcheng in the white house your a bunch of quitters and don't have the heart to fight a war and zcheng how can you be proud or support the killing of us soldiers you disgust me the soldiers are over there to bring stability and freedom to the Iraqis if you don't support the war zcheng speak ill of the president but not the troops

[edit on 15-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

df1

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

your a bunch of quitters and don't have the heart to fight a war...

Way to go, blood and guts. Beat those war drums real loud.

Your guts someone elses blood... Spoken like a true coward...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Oh this is more courageous praising your own governments defeat and praising the enemy that kills US soldiers yeah way to go that is much better.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
So Zcheng, are you saying that if China invades Taiwan, that the CHinese are terrorists? Can you explain your double standard?

Taiwan is part of China, it is a continuation of a unfinished Civil War, just like the Civil War between the North and the South.

In the case of Iraq, Iraq is a fully independent nation, not a state of US. Remember Iraqi ambassdor to UN? When a nation attack another nation, it is invasion and aggression.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

zcheng how can you be proud or support the killing of us soldiers you disgust me the soldiers are over there to bring stability and freedom to the Iraqis if you don't support the war zcheng speak ill of the president but not the troops

As I have declared I am not a American. Most US soldiers do have a choice in the war, they entered the Armed Force Voluntarily . They can refuse to join the illegal war. They should bear the consequence of their action. All sane US soldiers should refuse war of aggression and occupation.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Westpoint, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are not in the military, right? You said you ARE joining, but you are not, and have not served in the military? If this is true, then stop referring to the armed forces as "we" and stop playing the part of online commando, or whatever it is you are trying to do.

I'd like to know how it makes someone a "quitter" simply by not supporting this war...we attacked THEM, they never once attacked us, they didn't have weapons of mass destruction, and Iraq/Saddam hasn't been linked to 9/11...so where is your justification for this war? Or do you not have any idea what you are talking about?

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
um...when have I ever referred to the armed forces as we?
And even if they didn't have WMD they had links to alqada not 9/11 but they harbored al qada and saddam killed hundereds of thousands of his people now why wait until its too late you take a country out before they become a risk and we liberated the people so stop being selfish even if they did not pose a threat to the US we did a greater good and liberated a country.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

um...when have I ever referred to the armed forces as we?
And even if they didn't have WMD they had links to alqada not 9/11 but they harbored al qada and saddam killed hundereds of thousands of his people now why wait until its too late you take a country out before they become a risk and we liberated the people so stop being selfish even if they did not pose a threat to the US we did a greater good and liberated a country.

Great, that's all I wanted to know...you have never served in the military, so cut out all the GI Joe bravado, change your "army of one" avatar and signature, and try thinking logically...war is the worst thing that can happen on this earth, and it is not something to be taken lightly. I guess you will realize this if you really are joining up, but I doubt you really are, as posting 30+ messages on ATS per day about weaponry, and how great war is, must take up most of your time.

There has been no real evidence whatsoever that Iraq "harbored al qaeda". Saddam didn't kill "hundreds of thousands" of his own people, I'd like to know how you can conclusively say that...how many innocent iraqis have been killed from our bombings, and our occupation? 800 some Americans have been killed so far, thousands have been wounded and will never lead normal lives again, and there is still no reason for it all. There is no way we can occupy Iraq and "bring peace", that would be impossible over there. We won't be able to keep our troops in there without more Americans always dying, and we won't be able to take our troops out without some other guy even worse than Saddam possibly taking power. The only thing we can do is pull out, cut our losses, and let Iraq take care of Iraq.

Don't think that we're over there to help the Iraqi people...remember, we were the ones who sent biological weapons to Saddam AFTER we knew about him gassing the kurds, and other reports had been coming in about mass murders. We didn't care then, we don't care now. If you think we are in Iraq for any thing other than furthering our own power, economy, and filling the wallets of the bush administration and war profiteers, then that's great. Keep believing what you know can not be true. EVEN IF we really were there to help the Iraqi people, the war is STILL illegal. It is a war of aggression, we attacked for NO reason. Congress gave Bush the power to go over there ONLY because of weapons of mass destruction, which DO NOT exist. Not to help Iraq...since when has the United States been about helping other countries just for the hell of it? Are the Iraqi people really so important that American lives can be lost? Would you join up and give YOUR OWN life for this war? Hell no. Keep spewing your internet tough-guy talk, but we can all see you for being a scared little kid, acting patriotic out of fear. You don't have the slightest idea what war is kid.

"It's a war people die, get over it"

Yea, that's right. People die, and there better be a damn good reason for it. You wouldn't be so patriotic if a family member had been killed over there. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for sending 18 year old kids over to be killed in the desert, and not even having a good reason for their parents, siblings, or wives when they come back in a box. What's happening is outrageous.

Now, I know being the scared little person you are, you will call me unpatriotic, and tell me to leave the country or some other #...if you think blindly following everything our government does is patriotic, well, maybe learn about the ideas this country was founded on. You have NO IDEA what patriotic is. Being patriotic is questioning our government for the good of our country's people. Being patriotic is having love for our COUNTRY and its people, not happily sending them off to be killed for no purpose. I am patriotic, and I am proud of this country and its ideals. I am NOT proud of this war or these men running our country. Most of them belong in prison, they should be tried for crimes of war. If there is ever a good reason for going to war, I would probably enlist in the military and gladly fight for this country...but the current war is not for the benefit of our country, it is to benefit the rich and powerful men behind it. That is nothing to fight for, nothing to die for. It is a shame, and it goes against the whole idea of our country, democracy, and liberty.

The United States was founded for ALL people...why is it that all the poor people who get #ed over by our system are the ones now DYING to put money in the pockets of the rich? If our founding fathers were around today, they would be appalled. This war is not about helping the Iraqis, this war is not about preserving democracy, this war is illegal, and only benefits the ones who pull the strings. This war goes against everything our country is supposed to believe in, and the false threat of terrorism is being used to take away even more of our rights.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

--Thomas Jefferson

It must never be unpatriotic to support your country against your government. It must always be unpatriotic to support your government against your country.

--Stephen T. Byington

Democracy is not a state in which people act like sheep.

-Ghandi

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

--Henry David Thoreau

Being "patriotic" doesn't mean encouraging war when you don't know what you're talking about...it also doesn't mean flashing army logos on your avatar and signature when you are not even in the army...you need to find your own way to be patriotic, think about what's good for the people and the country, not the government.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Great, that's all I wanted to know...you have never served in the military, so cut out all the GI Joe bravado, change your "army of one" avatar and signature

No I have never served in the military but only one more year stands in my way. And I can put up any avatar I want I believe in the army and US military. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like war but look at his avatar

There has been no real evidence whatsoever that Iraq "harbored al qaeda". Saddam didn't kill "hundreds of thousands" of his own people, I'd like to know how you can conclusively say that

Check out these 4 links for your first statment.

Link between Iraq and Al Zarqawi

And for your second statment

Saddam killed...read it you will be surprised

800 some Americans have been killed so far, thousands have been wounded and will never lead normal lives again, and there is still no reason for it all.

They died for honorable reasons liberating a country and fighting for democracy and to stop the spread of terror and oppression.
They also died for this.

Reasons For War

Being "patriotic" doesn't mean encouraging war when you don't know what you're talking about...it also doesn't mean flashing army logos on your avatar and signature when you are not even in the army...you need to find your own way to be patriotic, think about what's good for the people and the country, not the government.

I know what being patriotic mean and I am not encouraging war but some wars are necessary and honorable. How would the allies have removed Hitler without war because according to you war is unnecessary and should never happen? And my avatar is meant to honor and respect the Army and I will be in the army which is more than you will ever be. And don't be selfish for once just cuz liberating 23million people doesn't bring you any good it does for 23 million souls.

"My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you: Ask what you can do for your country." -Robert F. Kennedy-

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No I have never served in the military but only one more year stands in my way. And I can put up any avatar I want I believe in the army and US military. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like war but look at his avatar

You're a 17 year old fool. And man have you been fooled. "Army of one"...what the hell kind of slogan is that? Does that mean you're on your own when they dump you in the middle of the war? It sure sounds like it. I'll bet you've been playing too many video games.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Well, I guess you might be known as a "poser" pretending to be in the army, even calling yourself "west point", yet you have NEVER served in the armed forces. Of course I don't #ing like war!!! Who does? Anyone who LIKES war (like you) has serious mental problems...it's not something to joke about, it's people dying, and I guess that doesn't click in for you unless your own ass is on the line.

My avatar really doesn't mean much to me, I mainly picked it because I admire what Arnold accomplished as a bodybuilder, and also I think it is funny because of his quotes about how we need to reduce violence in the media...yet he is one the best murderers in films...it in no way is supposed to mean that I "like war"

Interesting that you quoted Bobby Kennedy, who ran for president with the premise of ending the war in Vietnam, and yet I would think you support that war and "preserving democracy"....you are so full of #, you aren't even worth anyone's time on this board. Most message boards I post at would have banned you, simply for your army pictures and screenname, yet you haven't served. You disgrace all the real soldiers by posting this #; You have no idea what you are talking about. You fit the typical teenager "war hero" wanna-be, posting mainly about war and weapons, and probably spending the rest of your time playing Grand theft auto and PRETENDING that you are some kind of soldier...when you aren't #. I hope you do join the military, so you can find this out for yourself.

As for the link between Saddam and Osama, you can dig up whatever inconclusive "evidence" you like online, but even the Bush administration has announced time and time again, that there IS NO LINK between the two. Understand, I don't need to "disprove" anything, because it has never been proven that a link exists in the first place.

And my avatar is meant to honor and respect the Army and I will be in the army which is more than you will ever be.

Gee, your joining the army.
Good for you. I'm guessing you slacked off in high school, and instead of getting into college, you decided to join up! That's great! Or maybe you are just too stupid to find anything in life that you want to do for YOURSELF...not follow people around and throw away a few years of your life, possibly dying or being wounded, for no reason. It damn sure doesn't involve protecting our country, what we are doing right now. Maybe you feel like you need to prove something by joining the army, but those thoughts will soon go away once you do join. Or maybe you really are just convinced that you will really be making the world and/or our country a better place.

And don't be selfish for once just cuz liberating 23million people doesn't bring you any good it does for 23 million souls.

HA! We are NOT liberating a damn person over there! U.S. bombs and bullets have already killed thousands of innocent iraqis! The majority of people over there were better off with Saddam, and have said so. Why don't you read some real news stories about what's going on...how about prisoners being tortured? Yea, we're really liberating them.
If you say we're just over there to help them, well, where were we to help the palestinians, bosnians, and so many others? Why did we send pathogens to Saddam even after we knew he was killing the Kurds? Maybe it's because we don't give a damn about anyone else, and the only reason we're over there is for our OWN BENEFIT. In which case, it's not worth Americans dying for the rich and powerful to become more rich and powerful.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Gee, your joining the army. Good for you. I'm guessing you slacked off in high school, and instead of getting into college, you decided to join up! That's great! Or maybe you are just too stupid to find anything in life that you want to do for YOURSELF

Really? No I am joining to cuz the military is an honarble and good career but you as you have shown have no respect for our men and women serving and congrats. You have called some of our former presidents fools that where too stupid to find anything in life better to do.

Well, I guess you might be known as a "poser" pretending to be in the army, even calling yourself "west point", yet you have NEVER served in the armed forces. Of course I don't like war!!! Who does? Anyone who LIKES war (like you) has serious mental problems...it's not something to joke about, it's people dying, and I guess that doesn't click in for you unless your own is on the line.

No I would only be know as a "poser" if I said I was in the military when I wasn't. And I have never said that and I call myself WestPoint after our nations oldest and best military academy for training officers. And once again I have never said war is good or that I like it I have simply said sometimes it is necessary and honorable. Wow you sure have a habit of putting words into other peoples mouths and sayings stuff that are not true. And the slogan An Army Of One means that one soldier is capable of making a difference.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Really? No I am joining to cuz the military is an honarble and good career but you as you have shown have no respect for our men and women serving and congrats. You have called some of our former presidents fools that where too stupid to find anything in life better to do.

No...lots of great people have served and are currently serving in the military...but from reading your posts, I can lump you in with the wanna-be commando or high school drop out category...this last quote even shows it.

No I would only be know as a "poser" if I said I was in the military when I wasn't. And I have never said that and I call myself WestPoint after our nations oldest and best military academy for training officers. And once again I have never said war is good or that I like it I have simply said sometimes it is necessary and honorable. Wow you sure have a habit of putting words into other peoples mouths and sayings stuff that are not true. And the slogan An Army Of One means that one soldier is capable of making a difference.

"An Army of One" is the army's latest and greatest ad campaign, designed to target the high school student who thinks that the army is all about conformity and following orders..."an army of one" is trying to lure in people such as yourself (those that are too simple minded to see past the bull#) who think that joining the army will make them a killing machine, and that they can do it all on their own, be a hero, etc etc etc.

The army doesn't give a damn about you or anyone else...and the whole recruiting campaign and recruiters couldn't care less about you either...they just need one more person to fill an empty uniform, and they will take anyone. Being in the army doesn't make you special, it strips you of your individuality. If we were in a real war, I would enlist to help our country, but it is a textbook war of aggression. The war is illegal by international law, even in the army field manual...we attacked another country for no reason. We have also committed war crimes with our prisoner abuse. No one from the Bush administration has had to answer to anyone for this.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

"An Army of One" is the army's latest and greatest ad campaign, designed to target the high school student who thinks that the army is all about conformity and following orders..."an army of one" is trying to lure in people such as yourself (those that are too simple minded to see past the ) who think that joining the army will make them a killing machine, and that they can do it all on their own, be a hero, etc etc etc.

Every one is entitled to his/her own opinion if you do not want to join fine that is your choice but don't talk down on others who want to join ok and what we do with our lives is none of your damn business if you don't like the army fine no one wants you to join.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join