posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
As you read this, 47years later, you should be shocked by the events that have played themselves out.
Here’s a partial list. I put GOAL #15 first, for obvious reasons:
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own
independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers
compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of
teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good
sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual
maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between
nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big
picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental
health clinics, etc
Anyone else recognize liberal Progressivism in all this? Sounds like the complete Democrat Party platform!
I can list several instances of every number listed above happening in American society being spear-headed with a thrust of Cultural Marxism disguised
as Political Correctness.
“We cannot expect the Americans to jump from Capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of
Socialism, until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism.”
- -Nikita Kruschev, Premiere of the former Soviet Union, 3-1/2 months before his first visit to the United States.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of “liberalism,” they will adopt every fragment of the socialist
program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.”
- -Norman Thomas, for many years the U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate.
Old russian proverb, “the fish rots from the head”. This is more or less what happens to all empires. They start to believe they are invincible,
hubris sets in, they overextend themselves by getting involved in wars and nation building they cannot afford, corruption spreads and the lust for
power and control drive the political and financial elite to either madness or stupidity or both.
To anyone who has read just a little history, they can see this as a true saying.
When massive looting of the treasury (the citizens taxes) takes place the people begin to wake up to the crimes of the political and financial
elite.In order to control or destroy opposition to the elite’s rule, totalitarianism raises it’s ugly head.If you have been keeping up with
current events there is absolutely no doubt as to this happening.
Does no one else see this happening?
Two of my favorite quotes to get your heart and mind in the right place.
“When the people fear their government,there is Tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is Liberty.”–Thomas Jefferson
“Shake off all the fears and servile prejudices under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her
tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage
of reason, than that of blindfolded fear..”–Thomas Jefferson