It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I've always found it interesting when physicists talk about time being a fixed phenomenon that we experience serially. Like, perhaps these inadvertent time travellers are experiencing time more like it really exists - as a fixed but non-linear experience. It's hard to wrap your mind around, because time seems to move along a straight line and always in one direction for us, but those of you who have experimented with psychoactive drugs like '___' have seen how the perception of time passing can change drastically.

I remember as a kid I used to suffer through math class until I decided to start paying attention in class. When I engaged my mind in the subject matter rather than in how much I wanted to leave, the class seemed to go by much more quickly.

Along the same lines, there are many times when I get such an intense sense of Deja Vu that I can't imagine that I haven't experienced the exact same event at some other time in the past.
edit on 27-1-2011 by schlub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes, I had a similar experience in 1994. I up until 1994 had wanted to buy a brand new little pickup. I had not decided yet if I wanted a new Toyota pickup or a Ford pickup. I worked the swing shift and on my way to work each day I would drive down the highway past a Ford dealership that was located on the frontage road, parallel to the highway. I would look at the dealership each day to see what new models had arrived.

So intent I was on making this decision, because I had never owned anything new. I would drive by each day and really examine every detail. I believe the use of the internet for shopping was very new and I don't believe I shopped for things like a car back then. One day I drove by the dealership and suddenly it was abandoned. there was not a vehicle in sight and by the looks of it there hadn't been one in years. There were weeds knee high growing between the cracks in the cement and tumble weeds scattered about. The building looked old and run down.
I was so shocked because the day before it was a thriving dealership. I knew something was wrong, because I could describe every vehicle that was there the day before. and now suddenly it looked like hell. I was so bewildered. I could understand them packing up all the vehicles and moving, but that could not explain the condition the building and lot were in.

So the next day, I was determined to make sure I was not dreaming. But when I drove by the next day, it was once again a thriving dealership and the lot was full of cars and pickups once again. Years later, I had heard of similar experiences and I learned what I had was called a time slip. I must have slipped into a parallel reality or the future and the only reason I noticed it, was because I was so focused on the details each day. Now, I really believe that many of us have them all the time, except that we are not focused and never notice the subtle change that may have occurred.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
I had an event, didn't really think anything of it till a few days after it happened and I'll explain why. I've posted this story someplace else on here talking about time-slips and jumps. I was walking home at 1am on a spring night back in 2008 from Walmart where I worked. Why I was walking was because I didn't have a ride home at 1 in the morning, and the person that was going to give me a ride didn't show up to work. So I walked along the highway because that way would be quicker then cutting through town I was possibly a little less then half way home when a car pulled up and then over in front of me. I didn't think to much of it other then the usual worries like what were they doing, car trouble? am I going to be in danger. Well I approached carefully and saw it was an older couple, and they asked why I was walking and I explained to them and then they asked where I lived and I gave them a general area still kinda skeptical. Well they offered to take me they were coming back from a Hawkeye game and live sort of the same way. It was semi cold and I didn't see the harm so I hopped in they were listening to the replay of the game and it was kinda weird because the replays was for a game that happened in 1997 and the only reason I remember it was because my aunt and uncle took me to that game. Still didn't think to much about it really maybe they were die hard Hawkeye fans. Other then that the ride was uneventful I got home ok thanked them and headed inside with out second thoughts. Well I met them again they were much older then when they gave me a ride a few days ago and they seemed more surprised at me then I was at them. The said I look like I haven't aged since that night back in 1997, I blinked and was like that was just a few nights ago for me. We all got kinda quiet thinking about it and I just walked away kinda spooked.

I was thinking about this story alot today as i was trying to make sense of it all.

I think there are two sets of older couples here. One of them gave you a ride and the others were the ones who were shocked to see you.

The couple that was shocked to see you did actually pick you up in 1997. But it wasn't really you, it was another you from another time line ( i guess you could call it a future copy of yourself).

When you received a ride from the older couple, it wasn't actually the couple that was shocked to see you some days later. This couple was just a copy from another time line. In this case I guess "history" was just repeating itself. The funny thing is that this couple will grow older in their own time line and then end up seeing you again. They will then be surprised at how much you haven't aged.

lol And I know this explanation probably makes zero sense to anybody but its fun to think about.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could slip in a parallel reality where I have a lot of friends and a girlfriend.

Talk about dreaming lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could slip in a parallel reality where I have a lot of friends and a girlfriend.

Talk about dreaming lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by michelbel

Talk about dreaming lol.

new member I see ?!

well we all dream about friends and love and harmony you know ..... except the ones not liking to live in a real HUMAN society with solidarity all over and as much happiness as possible for everybody .....
some selfish $$$greed killers of human society - you know for sure what I mean
but first of all we have to try to be friend with ourself, accept ourself as we are ...
Hope your dreams become reality !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Thanks!
On topic: Most time slips happen for several minutes. However, if a time slip experience was long enough for a person to take an object from a different time with them what would happen to the object, will it disappear when they come back or is it possible to take it away with you, what do you think, guys?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I see it like this. All that is possible (and I don't know which rules apply as to "possible") are in the here and now as say a slide. I think that the grittiness of space-time currently discovered holds a clue as to how much time these slides take. So in essence it's a big slideshow of which infinite shows exist.

We are in let's say show A. Our consciousness slides from slide to slide. What we call time is actually the "jumping" from one slide to the next. The sequence is determined by the before mentioned rules, which must be part of the external set up, e.g. the ? behind the projector. So we find it logical that things fall because of gravity and that must then have been a condition imprinted in our particular slide show A by ? That's why (normally) if in slide 1 a thing falls, it will hit the floor in a subsequent slide.

As to time travel, I think it's jumping into the wrong slide. Probably one that hasn't been used in our own sequence of slides.

edit on 27-1-2011 by QueenofWeird because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I have experienced something as well, but not in a while.
Have you ever seen a DVD get stuck, and just for a split second, kind of stutter. You know, where it stops, and repeats for a fraction of a second. It happens so quick its hardly noticiable? I have experienced that a couple of times in my reality. I'm sure some folks may say that it was a trick of my mind, or maybe a phenominon explained by medical science. It has been a long time since this happed, or if it has I just havent noticed. And by the way, it happened to me before the matrix movies came out, and hasn't happened since. I have no medical problems that would have explains my experience.

remyrange

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Would this be in any way similar to the sensation of driving between major cities on the interstate in which you arrive at your destination city, but have no recollection of the road in-between? That has happened to me a few times and I'm pretty sure I wasn't dozing at the wheel.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michelbel

Talk about dreaming lol.

I hear ya but in my case I wanna slip into a time line where I am a multi-billionaire!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I have experienced something as well, but not in a while.
Have you ever seen a DVD get stuck, and just for a split second, kind of stutter. You know, where it stops, and repeats for a fraction of a second. It happens so quick its hardly noticiable? I have experienced that a couple of times in my reality. I'm sure some folks may say that it was a trick of my mind, or maybe a phenominon explained by medical science. It has been a long time since this happed, or if it has I just havent noticed. And by the way, it happened to me before the matrix movies came out, and hasn't happened since. I have no medical problems that would have explains my experience.

remyrange

I have never had a time slip that I can recall, but this.... Time Stutter... of which you speak, I have experienced that before.
edit on 27-1-2011 by ALLisMIND because: I seriously can't send one reply that I don't edit for grammar errors

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It would be so amazing to be able to travel through time. seeing the past and inviting something before the actual person does.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

exactly thing happened to me when i read this It give me chill!

at night I stop at red light. there are black car my right. i saw black car i feel something different about it I thought to myself maybe that is MIB car (joke). I look again at black car window black, tire black everything are BLACK! when green light go. i drive then look look right there it s disappeared !! i look if black car go other way but nothing.. just disappeared i was think wtf.!

your story confirmed that my story did happened like your.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin
Would this be in any way similar to the sensation of driving between major cities on the interstate in which you arrive at your destination city, but have no recollection of the road in-between? That has happened to me a few times and I'm pretty sure I wasn't dozing at the wheel.

That's typically called "highway hypnosis" Source: en.wikipedia.org...
or "whiteline fever" but you could have also been a victim of an alien abduction. Take your pick.

We are on a conspiracy theories website, so anything is possible.

edit on 29-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i was crusing on the net and found this..
www.aquiziam.com...
scroll down to number 8 time slip and look at pic
Visual evidence of time slips often appear in old photographs such as the one above. In this case a sports car is seen parked on the side of the street in an image that is clearly taken 100 years before such a vehicle was ever produced. We think that the car is an early Porsche or perhaps a more recent Audi. It's hard to tell.

real pic?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
paranormal.about.com...
what do u think these army people found secret file ?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think the photo is a fake tbh, If it was real everyone would be paying attention to the car and would be so astounded by what they are seeing that they would have also surrounded the car, however no-one is even looking in the cars direction; which, again, if it was real, they would have a hard time not noticing, because of the noise of the engine as well. Just my two cents

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think this is a fascinating topic...And I wanna give my own theory regarding viewing and travelling to different "times". I have no qualifications, nor do I grasp phyisics like most, but I do have a sense of curiosity, I like to try and feed

Firstly, I wanna say that the concept of time is just the distance between two points in space. For Example; Tommorow (24 hours from now) the earth will be in a different position (in space) than it was now. Hence time is a measurement of that distance...It is NOT however relevant to space!!!

Now, I think it is entirely and conceivably possibly to travel into the future (and time is irrevant, but speed can help). The key is distance away from the center orbit i.e in our solar system it is the sun. Imagine observing someone from 100 meters away walking between two lamposts (street lights), to us it would seem like a second, but to the person walking between them, it would have in fact been around 3. Now, if earth is the "person between the posts" and lets say neptune is the observer and we could get to neptune at a relatively quick speed (say 1-2 years), and stayed on neptune for ONE Neptune year (orbit), We would witness earth making sevral orbits compared to our one and when we return we would end up several years in the future. However, I find it would be impossible to travel to the past in a similar way.

While I think it would be impossible to travel to the past in a simlar way, I also believe it is possible to VIEW the past in this way, as we could send a telescope (facing the earth) to a very distant location and view 25-50 years in the past, depending of course on how long the light travels back to us here on earth. Theories, opinions people?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join