It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

....so if I happen to have a misconfigured neuron that doesn't allow me to see blue....what do I see in it's place?? Nothing? Like are there people that have this disorder and are walking down a street and see a two tone siding house...would they only see part of the house?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

...except the story goes they stayed the night. So if they stayed the night they slept in a bed (I would assume) and that would have to be physical. No? Love this stuff

..oh yes, and they ate there. Thanks for the reminder PicklePete

edit on 24-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Yes still if it becam physically solid for whatever reason, maybe some weather phenomenon etc, the physical objects for a short time would become solid, even the beds and food. Is it not possible? Take for instance the house that is known as the "disappearing house" which hs been seen all over the world, in physical manifestation. And then is simply gone again. It's physical it's solid you can touch it and go inside, but then sometime further on it is simply gone.I was trying to find the article that talks about it, but it seems to have disappeared
also it was mentioned in a thread here at ATS which I also cannot find.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

very nice, you already beat me to it - you're not a time traveler are you!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Your eyes accept the light wavelengths and your brain processes it and divides it into color. If you couldn't see blue, you wouldn't see 'nothing'. Your brain would convert it to what colors are closest to said wavelength that can be produced in your 'mind's eye'.

Colorblindness and the american flag.

Also a link on babies and colour vision. Showing that bursting from the womb you can differenciate different color, but the minds eye doesn't define, shade, or sharpen it until they age.

Babies 'have favourite colours'

Apology for thread jacking. Lets get back to time slips

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I see what you are saying....I understood your other post to suggest that it was simply like a playback or recording of something that previously happened. So if it takes on physical attributes that adds another dimension to the phenomena (rhetorically speaking) and it now becomes solid and therefore part of the linear time in which it exists. This would seem to indicate a presence in two time realities....maybe an overlap of time? I wonder what would have happened if the couples never left the inn? Would it just disappear leaving them in the middle of nowhere or would they just linger there forever? How did time pass while they were there if at all? Great stuff

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes like an overlap of sorts!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLisMIND

Your eyes accept the light wavelengths and your brain processes it and divides it into color. If you couldn't see blue, you wouldn't see 'nothing'. Your brain would convert it to what colors are closest to said wavelength that can be produced in your 'mind's eye'.

That was exactly what my original "ponderism" was.....is my blue your blue; either to degree or different colors entirely. I admit I am wayyy out of my league discussing these things however I am studied in music and we always related the physics of sound frequency to color frequency in my music-major dominated acoustics class (poor professor that had to deal with us) and as you increase the vibrations of pitch eventually you cross the threshold from a to a# so wouldn't it be the same with color; say red eventually becoming orange?

And yes I agree, I didn't mean to ignite a thread derail....it was just something that seemed sort of relevant as part of this discussion has to do with perception. Gorman's comment got me to thinking that what if other neurons could acknowledge other dimensional "things?" From when you are little you learn how you only use x% of your brain.....maybe the other parts we aren't using fall in this area? Maybe it relates to the time slips? Maybe something triggers those particular neurons or receptors in the individuals who experience this phenomenon, if only momentarily?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Wow, I was amazed by that video of the time traveler. But one thing struck me is that the translation says his future self was about 70 years old, but the video shows a man that is quite younger, say 50's.

Also, can they be touching like that? Wouldn't that cause a paradox?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This post really caught my eye! I wonder if what is explained by PinkStarBuck is something that has happened to me twice over the past two years.

Originally posted by pinkstarbuck
This thread has led to a conversation between me and my boyfriend about time travel/time slips and we discussed the concept of de ja vu and bilocation (or doppelgangers, if you like) as we have both experienced strong episodes of de ja vu, mine has increased over the past 2 years and my boyfriends has diminished somewhat. I guess the bilocation topic may have been posted elsewhere but this thread reminded me of it. Bilocation is common in cats and dogs, you might have seen your pet asleep on the couch or bed as you pass into a different room, only to find said pet playing in the room you`ve just entered, or coming in from the back garden, that sort of thing. I have also inadvertently experienced bilocation myself, there have been times when i have been out shopping and my father has seen me walking back to my house and has made me a tea for when i get in, i`ve not appeared and he has called me to see where i went and i`ve still been out. When i finally have arrived home, my dad has claimed he saw me hours previously wearing the exact same items of clothing (strange as he`d not seen me leaving the house so couldn`t have known what i was wearing) and carrying the exact same shopping bags. This has happened on a number of occasions now. I have also had people claimed they`ve passed me whilst out driving and had either tooted their horns at me or called out my name and had no response and i`d not been in the area at the time. My boyfriend has also had this experience, especially when he was in his late teens of apparently being seen in the London area by friends when he`d not been there at the time. Again, i don`t know if this is related to time slips/parallel dimensions and such but this thread reminded me of this and i was wondering if anyone else has had such experiences, or has noticed their sense of de ja vu increasing recently?

The first incident happened in the spring of 2009. At the time I had a 35mm camera that I really enjoyed taking pictures with until I got a new digital SLR camera. I dropped off 3 rolls of film to be developed and although they are normally ready the next day, I usually come back a few days later to pick them up. The clerk I gave the film to was a young man. Two days later I went back to pick up my pictures and the young lady behind the counter said hello to me and then said,"I apologize again that we didn't have your pictures ready yesterday for you, so I put a note on the film you dropped off yesterday so you wouldn't be charged for it." I said,"What? I wasn't in here yesterday." She said, "Yes you were Mr. K---, you dropped off another roll of film. Let me get them for you." I know for a fact I couldn't have done that since I had an out of town meeting all day and didn't get home until late. She handed me back 4 rolls of film and charged me for the first three. Immediately, when I got in my car I opened the 4th one and they were pictures of a place I've been hiking to, but hadn't been to for years! There were no people in the pictures, just nature shots taken while I was on solo backpacking trip in the western NC mountains. I thought I had lost that roll of film since I could not find it after the trip!

The second incident occurred in summer 2010. On Friday nights I do a volunteer radio show. One Saturday afternoon I went grocery shopping. Two women in the store started waving as I approached where they were standing. I looked behind me to see who they were waving at since I had no idea who they were. One of them laughed and said, "Your so funny J--. Did you enjoy the party last night?" I looked at them dumbfounded and said, "What party last night?" The lady said, "Oh come on! We met you last night at C-------'s birthday party!" I know one person with that name, and her birthday isn't for a few months. I said,"I wasn't at a party last night and I really don't think I know you two." She looked at me a little annoyed and started telling me what we talked about. This woman knew the company that I worked for, where I was born, the fact that I was in the USAF, where I was stationed and even the fact that I find birds absolutely fascinating! I didn't know what to say, so I just smiled instead and said, "I was just kidding! I had a great time last night and it was great to see you two again!" I really don't know who those two ladies are. I've seen one or both of them around town from time to time and still wave and say hello. After I left and went home, I IMed a colleague from the radio station and asked him if I was on air last night. He typed back,"Of course you were. Why would you ask that?" I just told him something really weird happened at the store.

What do you all think? Doppelganger, Bi-location or an alternate universe me, running around my town developing my lost rolls of film and going to parties and meeting pretty women?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Came across this and thought I would share....I hate to see this thread slow down so soon, it was such a welcome alternative to the news/political stuff

Recently I read some statistical snippet that in Hungary (it has about 10 million inhabitants) over 5000 people (of all ages and both gender, pretty much representative of the population) reportedly disappear. Over the years this number is rather stabile, and out of these 5000 approximately 3500 are found, recovered in one way or other, but 1500 are never found. The interesting background information is that in this country the borders are very well controlled, there is a national ID card, one can not use any services without being able to identify himself, i.e. it is almost impossible to fake a new identity and identity theft is unknown. In addition, the number of people murdered used to be less than 500 per year and even in the worst years, less than 800, and over 80% of cases are solved eventually.

link to source: amasci.com... (hope I did this right)

Wonder if it is possible that some of our missing persons are "inadvertent time travellers?"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I have one that happened to me in the mid 90's. In college my 1st year I caught a ride back home one weekend to visit my family; the ride was with a friends GF in her car. She kept telling me on the way up about her sex life with my friend. So being interested in ham radio I kept pointing out radio antennas, mostly to stop her talking about sex. Then on the Sunday when we went to drive home after supper we passed through a small town and headed south to an intersection in the middle of the prairie, I was driving and we both remember me turning right (east) towards Calgary. About 20 minutes later at 100km/hr (cruise control) the radio went funny for a second and I kept driving. After that another 5 minutes later we saw a sign that indicated we where going the wrong way. I turned around and drove for about 10 minutes when we saw a huge antenna that had guy wires going across the road. It was so huge and I had never noticed or mentioned it on the drive, the lady laughed and joked that I had missed one and how odd that was. It took us over an hour and a bit to get back to the intersection and we came from the left. We shifted about 90km total that night, again no lost time or anything but it's one of weirdest incidents in my life. So it's less of a time travel story and more of a teleportation story.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by macssam
everything is everywhere instantaneously
time and space don't exist
going anywhere at a certain time is an illusion

this would mean we live multiple lives at the same " moment " of time illusion .......
this would mean we have NO time, the present is all together : past - now - futur ......
this would mean we are all ONE in present moment ...
this would mean we are not free, all is just a film fixed on DVD ( ? ) played in background for us to entertain us ....
this would mean we repeat sequences ( reincarnations ) all over untill is understood what we have to understand ...
this would mean our lives are just virtual realities ....
this would mean only LOVE is the key to get out of the labyrint, to get FREE !!!
Please, G-d, help us to understand a bit of this game !!! Help us to feel a bit less stupid about your game !!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Great stories, I enjoyed reading them. There was this TV show that reminded me of these stories, maybe like 10 years ago, I forget the name but every episode was in the same city but a different dimension every time. Very interesting stuff, I've read stories on the Philidelphia Project and how people materialized with half there body stuck in the ships deck. Facinating stuff!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Either that or we are stuck in the Matrix

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not sure if this adds anything but (regarding time and reincarnation) I once read that since our time is non linear when we reincarnate we can be put in to any time, so for example if someone died this year they could possibly live their next life as a caveman or future human in 3011.

This is not coming from me and I'm not sure if I believe it, but regarding time and time travel this is something to think about.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Not sure if this adds anything but (regarding time and reincarnation) I once read that since our time is non linear when we reincarnate we can be put in to any time, so for example if someone died this year they could possibly live their next life as a caveman or future human in 3011.

This is not coming from me and I'm not sure if I believe it, but regarding time and time travel this is something to think about.

Yeah, I've had conversations like this with people as well. It's a fascinating theory - one I "sort of" believe in as well (although, Not 100% convinced
).

I wonder though, would our actions in a past life affect a future life (such as past life memories, or fears caused by past life events..), even if we lived that future life in a time which was before our past life? (God, I love the types of topics such as this which make you think of this stuff! lol )

Thanks for bringing this up btw!
edit on 24-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooshtime
Does anyone else think if Time travel into the past was possible that we would of already most likely been visited by people from the distant future?

Well, yeah, that makes sense. Unless of course there are groups out there that actively safeguard against such events.

If you were a part of an highly advanced race, and you knew that interactions across time-lines could cause some real S#1T to go down, wouldn't you attempt to keep others in your time from messing up the past?

Anyone ever seen 'The Outer Limits" ? there's an episode (I think it's about Nazis and the concentration camps)
Basically, there is a group that provides time travel for pleasure and educational purposes, but the highest laws of their society are to not directly interfere with the inhabitants of the past.

Not saying this it the case, but I think it's certainly plausible. Especially considering some of the other crazy things people consider to be the case.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

They see either black, the gray-scale of it, or simply whatever neuron is conflicting with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

....so in other words my blue would be their [black, gray scale, or conflicting neuron]

Just messing with you. I understand what you are saying and it is a completely different issue than what I first stated regarding this. You have to admit though....instead of seeing blue said person could see (according to your post) a variety of different "colors" other than blue. So three different people have a missing/faulty blue receptor thingamagiggy...would they see black, gray, conflicting neuron respectively? If so each of the three would have a different concept of the color/lack of color? Right? ...and sincere thanks for taking the time to humor me

edit on 24-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join