It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown With Keith Olbermann Cancelled

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Only conservative low information anti-human thinker’s hate Olbermann.
BECAUSE HE EXPOSED THEM EVERYNIGHT FOR WHAT THEY ARE!

Overall he is an honest decent humanitarian and of course therefore he leaned progressive since anything conservative is the opposite of what is human.

Olbermann demonstrated nightly the difference between republican conservative anti-human principles and policies and principles of pro-human policies.

I think he is frustrated with Obama who like Clinton has sold out to get reelected, that, and his frustration with the people at MSNBC facilitated his premature departure.

GO OLBERMANN! You are the best in the MSM!

edit on 21-1-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Yeah, he was RIGHT ON with the Tuscon incident. What he did was straight up LIBEL. Like I said earlier, I would not be surprised if this had to do with the culpability of the company. Not to mention that the numbers for MSNBC have been abysmal.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Was all this when you were sleeping???:
???
What I mean is IN YOUR DREAMS.

There is a ton of duplicates threads out on this subject

edit on 21-1-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

By the way, I think this video is VERY relevant.

Gloat Fest 2010

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I doubt that had anything to do with it. As for ratings, well, at one point most Germans loved Hitler like those Americans who love Fox news so much,

Same kinds of people for the same kinds of leaders, a fitting parallel!

History will record Olbermann as a heroic figure who fought against the darkness and destructive ignorance of the O’Reilly, Beck, Hannity and Palin types and the ugly period of the republican conservative tea party anti-human era. History will look back on this era as a period of the dark American ages, and Olbermann was a beckon of light.

And he was the only one in the MSM who took on the abuses of Bush and his bloody murderous Iraq war.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Keep it civil, calling everyone Nazis is not very.

But might as well go out with a bang huh? Pffft.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Who said what now?

Do you have a link for that incident, I haven't heard of it.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

No sure HOW that is relevant just because you say it is. I'd merely suggest you post a warning above that nugget you contributed into the litter box warning members of the hideous laughter which sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard which is at exact same frequency as Sarah Palin's voice. See I can misdirect too.

edit on 21-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You won’t see me calling anyone here in the first person anything pejorative, therefore I don’t see anything uncivil in my words; but I will speak of those I believe are morally challenged in the second and third person.

I never attack people unless they attack me first

Regarding the third persons I challenge those here to tell me intelligently why they hate Olbermann for being a humanitarian who wants the best for ordinary people.

Against the war in Iraq

For health care for sick children

Charity for the poor

Against the patriot act

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I liked Keith and and in general I agreed with him on the subjects he covered. I do think that he started going way over the top with his speeches to the President and such. That was about the time I stopped watching him. I pretty much don't watch or listen to any talk shows because they all have there internal bias which actually kills any real chance of holding a proper dicussion of whatever topic is being discussed.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am positive he will NOT be seen on ESPN any time soon. When he was literally thrown out of the network for his shenanigans off camera and his treatment of people who worked there and the law suit he avoided by agreeing to leave It will be hard for him to get back to doing sports on any major network. I went to school with two of the people who started ESPN in Bristol and I can tell you that he has NO friends there anymore!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Oh well. The man has many talents and is a brilliant writer / satirist. Returning to Sportscasting would be a step backwards IMO. He isn't a one trick pony.

Perhaps he'll enter politics. I'd LOVE to see him debate Palin. A mental mountain vs. a mental molehill.

edit on 21-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
NEWS RACE
THURS. JAN. 20, 2011

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,918,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,079,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,786,000
FOXNEWS BECK 1,780,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,460,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,106,000
CNN PIERS 1,025,000
MSNBC MADDOW 976,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 855,000
MSNBC SCHULTZ 760,000
CNN COOPER 740,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 700,000

I couldn't stand the arrogant progressive shill. But rating show that he was the biggest piece of poo in the pile of MSNBC. So his firing wasn't about rating. Just my humble opinion.

The ratings I got here
www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Actually I didn’t like some of Olbermann show when I watched it, particularly his inclination to over greet people or that odd ball skit.

That is his personality, often ones personality can be annoying but for the issues I agreed with him most of the time.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You may be right but there is a lot about this man that many people don't know and what he didn't say at his sign off tells me he was not happy with those that are in control. He has the habit of burning bridges behind him in a not so peaceful manner so maybe you will find out he is not the white night so many believe. Only time will tell I guess!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Well ya never know. Gibbs is leaving as Press Secretary. Remember Tony Snow did same thing although Olbermann seemed to turn on POTUS as of late. But since we're on a conspiracy forum, I thought I'd toss that in.

Regarding "burning bridges" My father taught me "never cut what you can untie." That advice has served me well in my career / life. Regards...kk

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
reply to post by hillynilly

Overall he is an honest decent humanitarian and of course therefore he leaned progressive since anything conservative is the opposite of what is human.

You're kidding me.
Folks that have worked and knew Kwief Olbermann all say he is an arrogant and pompous ass.
They canned him because the Libs are wanting to be taken seriously.
Although I admit, I'll miss the clown.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You won’t see me calling anyone here in the first person anything pejorative, therefore I don’t see anything uncivil in my words; but I will speak of those I believe are morally challenged in the second and third person.

Only conservative low information anti-human thinker’s hate Olbermann.
BECAUSE HE EXPOSED THEM EVERYNIGHT FOR WHAT THEY ARE!

OF COURSE you won't be caught using direct pejoratives. That is the typical leftist technique.

NEVER accuse a specific component or persona, this way you CANNOT be held LIBEL for your vitriol. Have you taken the Howard Dean school of lying?

By the way, I MYSELF will call out those that teach the techniques that you use.

Here for example-

BUT HEY, you are very good at the technique of lies and deception.

Hmmm, I personally call out those that use these techniques where YOU use blanket technigues.

HMMMMMMMMMMM, things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMM!

Oh, by the way, being a Constitutional Libertarian, I stand by my convictions, where YOU will lie and scheme.
Tell me, are you against Obama because of the continuation of WAR?

NOW that the Democrats are in power "War is good."

But hey, you attack a Libertarian (source of the TRUE liberals) because WHAT? Oh, is it deflection?

edit to add-you have TWO EDITS TO YOUR COMMENT!

TWO EDITS HMMMMM

edit on 22-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Pretty sure this is about Comcast taking over NBC, as the previous poster said. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn MSNBC into another FoxNews clone. Currently they have taken the role of trying to be a liberal counter to conservative Fox. CNN has remained in the middle.

All of these channels are pretty lame in various ways and none of them do a good job of actually bringing good news. Some shows on MSNBC are better than others. When Chris Matthews isn't being mildly insane, he's a terrific source for inside info on how the political system actually works - the nitty, gritty stuff. The nuttiest thing about him is whenever he has an attractive woman on, he acts really strange and over excited. I think he's gotten used to Norah O'Donnell, since they've worked together so much. But when it's a new, pretty girl on, he says the strangest things.

Olberman was good when he first started. He was doing good, serious commentary and journalism and was a much needed voice in the wilderness to call out Fox and the massive Conservo-Blogosphere on all of their falsehoods, lies and deliberate misstatements. But after a while, he just became as bad as many of them in his own way, but on the left. It was pretty sad. I think he got too full of himself and that became his downfall.

The worst thing about MSNBC is how over the weekends it turns into The Prison Channel - just endless shows about life behind bars. When there is a major event over the weekend, they usually don't even have anybody on hand to report on it, so it takes them hours to catch up to the story. (Does anyone actually watch those prison shows?)

CNN seems to be a disorganized mess and they got Wolf Blitzer who isn't even really a news man anymore, just acting as a kind of emcee of the news. His whole job is to say, "and now over to John King. John what can you tell us about this story?" "And let's take it over to..." That's all he does on The Situation Room. It's terrible. At least Larry King is finally gone. King was once a terrific journalist doing very important, insightful interviews. But somewhere in the mid to late 90's it seems he got really board and just started having nothing but has-been celebrities, or people nobody cared about and he started doing terrible interviews that seemed to have little to no research backing them up. But he stayed on for another 15 years because I guess you can't fire Larry King.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
You're kidding me.
Folks that have worked and knew Kwief Olbermann all say he is an arrogant and pompous ass.
They canned him because the Libs are wanting to be taken seriously.
Although I admit, I'll miss the clown.

If only Keith were as classy as you maybe?
3 guesses why it is hard to take some ctiriques as seriously as others.

Apparently the FOX fans really like the idea of consolidation of power in media. I am not sure some of you understand exactly what really happened here but eventually the irony of tossing around that old "liberal media" canard is going to hit a lot of people in the face hard.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join