It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown With Keith Olbermann Cancelled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
He got canned because of the Comcast buyout. Welcome your new conservative overlords.

BTW -- Olbermann was anti-obama regime in most instances. He didn't worship the government like CNN or laud corporations like Fox.

Sad to see him go.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Alright everyone, peeps are making statements as if they are FACTS.

The last time Olby got canned it lasted a whole two days. REMEMBER.

Do not jump on the bandwagon and make assumptions, you know, kinda like olby!

THAT, was FUNNY!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I've been involved in acquisition management efforts before, and this news sounds a lot like the kind of thing that clears all the corporate hurdles for the acquisition deal that just got signed off on between GE and Comcast for NBC. The corporates are the bosses of the Rightwing political movement in this country. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. The corporates just sank the flagship of the Progressive counterbalance in cable news. Now it'll be a slow picking off of the 2nd and 3rd stringers on MSNBC. Probably Chris Matthews will be the lone survivor, but he'll be back to his rightwing apologist mush - like when he was still a cheerleader for the Iraq disaster - as the closest they'll have to progressive representation on any cable political channel.

Ironically, once the Progs have lost their venting sources, the need to finally address the corporate "situation" in this country will become impossible to put off. Keith's "Special Comments" vented a lot of dangerously high pressure, and now that they won't exist anymore.....heh heh......I guess we'll just have to watch the way that pressure vents now. The fun part will be that it will start venting through the upper management level, closer to where the average hands-on screwing of Americans occurs, and that'll be seen as garden-variety workplace rampage episodes becoming more frequent. Only a seasoned observer will see it for what it's becoming. Full scale insurrection against the ruling class in this society.

Millions of people have gotten alerted to who it is that they need to eliminate if they really want change in this nation. It's not the politicians. They wouldn't know what to do if someone didn't give them a list each week. They wouldn't even know what to say if they weren't given talking points to parrot. Politics is implementation, and implementation is nothing without the guiding hand of purposeful intent. Eliminate the intent, and the implementation awaits new direction.

Getting rid of Keith only got rid of the brief feeling that something was actually being done about the sickness that millions know needs to be directly addressed in this nation. The corporate infection and the relentless destruction it's continuing to inflict on all of us. The need to "do something" will now build without any release valve in place. The corporates just sealed their fate.

The Righties started stocking up in 2008. The Progs started in 2003. Think about it.

Corporates have always been idiots.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
From David Brock of Media Matters for America. Slanted? Sure.

For nearly eight years, Countdown with Keith Olbermann led the charge against conservative misinformation in prime time. He was one of the few voices in the media willing to hold the Bush administration accountable and fight the right-wing smears against progressives and their policies. Keith is an innovator and an extremely talented broadcaster who showed there was a market for progressive views on cable news. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him soon, and I eagerly await hearing of his next move. And on this evening, I wish him "good night and good luck."

Me? I think the people saying the Comcast thing with all its net neutrality implications are likely more on the money. IT's not as if anyone who disagrees with their bosses stays around in any news organization long. If Hannity had an epiphany and all of a sudden started talking about that on the air of if someone of a different political or even true journalistic bent or penchant for facts bought Fox , do you think his bosses would keep him around long?

reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Do you mean the suspension pending investigation of campaign contributions? If so, big difference.
edit on 1/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Maybe someone that could do something other than "Blood Libel".

I have a question?

Someone is currently stating that ANYONE that blamed him for the Arizona attack, is getting sued for libel.

I wonder if they are just covering their backsides on the lawsuits.

Hmmm, that is a very big POSSIBILITY.

It was Countdown that got canelled. Not Sarah Palin's Alaska.

Christ. They should have an IQ test before allowing registration on this board.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

See, now it's dumb stuff like this that will provoke a direct response in the real world. The corporates have no idea just how much they're hated as they walk from their homes to their cars and their cars to their offices and then as they wander about Home Depot or the supermarket. They have no idea how many people watch them and immediately recognize them for what they are. How many corporate org charts feature their names and photos, and how many people log on to learn exactly who it is that just took a little more of their ability to afford being alive in this society.

These idiots seem to honestly believe that "it's just business", and that all's fair in....well....in anything. Well, if that's the case, then you people had best realize that "all's fair" means everything is on the table.

Everything.

You have your fat, white gun nuts and arthritic grampa Tea Party patriots, and all that nonsense. Go ahead. Who cares what those monkeys do? The targets park in the open lots. They go to soccer games and attend local churches. They're completely brainwashed by your bosses to believe that crushing their fellow citizens is good business, and that God rewards good business. They honestly have no idea what's been building up around them for the last ten years or so. They have no idea how many times they've been rescued by people like Olbermann and Obama, and others like that who've taken the pressure and vented it safely away as the violations keep piling up. These morons and their wives and kids are the softest hits in this entire nation. My god, what have you maniacs done to your corporate servants?

One more vent removed. This time, it's a big one. Not only that, but the Comcast fingerprints are all over this removal. And the Comcast, rightwing corporate connection is solid and easy to run down for even the most distracted prog nutjob. Hell, even the Libertarians can't miss this one. How long do you think those lunatics will keep their pieces holstered? Those guys are really nuts and this move has societal takeover "stage one" written all over it.

You corporates really blew it this time.
edit on 1/22/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
He was a loud obnoxious narcissist, he will not be missed by me. As far as him being a counter balance to Fox's O'Reilly and Beck... they are all wind bags who would rather hear themselves speak then worry about pesky facts. MSNBC and FOX and CNN are absolutely useless, go elsewhere for actual news.

But for all those Keith fans... I am sure he will be replaced by someone equally as obnoxious.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Whoops Keith, back to sportscenter on ESPN.

Liked him better then.

Or, maybe, White House Press Secretary?? Whoa, that could be interesting. I like Keith, I hope he isn't finished.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Olbermann is an American manifestation of Superman—he even looks like the original Superman. He was the archetype come alive to battle the dark powers of conservativism and the tea party philosophy of love the rich and hate the poor.

Rachel Maddow is Lois Lane

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by inforeal

Yeah, he was RIGHT ON with the Tuscon incident. What he did was straight up LIBEL. Like I said earlier, I would not be surprised if this had to do with the culpability of the company. Not to mention that the numbers for MSNBC have been abysmal.

Except for one thing, Saltheart. In order for something to qualify as libel (or slander, in this particular case; libel is non-spoken) it has to be demonstrably false.

Maybe you appreciate this sort of rhetoric. I know it gets Fox viewers pumped and ready to go. But you can't pretend that anyone accusing this guy of incitement is engaging in slander.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Could have been Comcast. I am upset by this. I think good things can come from this though, especially if this can be linked to what has happened with Comcast. Maybe it will start to open people's eyes, and get some folks mad like I am!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have always thought that keith had WAY too much of a left leaning liberal bias to be a solid commentator. But then again, that happens alot lately, with the left and right spectrum. Anyways, I remember at the tail end of the Bush administration, Keith was AWESOME! but now, that there is a Democrat in the WH, he is SUCH a suck up... him and his understudy too. I forget her name.

Anyways.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b05f7e54acc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Great job Lucidity

edit on 23-1-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I would pay darned good money to see a caged death match between. Hannity, Rush, and O'Reilly on one side and Chris Mathews, Olberman, and Bill Maher on the other. They are all TOOLS for their respective parties. Not a man among them can take the party blinders off and give an unbiased report on anything. If there would be no legal repercussions, I would personally tar and feather each and every one of them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07a27aa5c20b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Please pardon my shameless plug.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3f9fe9f18d2.jpg[/atsimg]

I am happy to report the view of a noted Law Professor supports my prior post whereby I asserted the COMCAST takeover was suspect in Mr. Olbermann's departure. Other sources indicate the decision was made two weeks prior and Olbermann is bound by contractual obligations not to discuss it. It is reported that terms were similar to Conan Obrien's including a no compete for specified timeframe.

Keith Olbermann’s announcement tonight, the very same week that the government blessed the Comcast-NBC merger, raises serious concern for anyone who cares about free speech. Comcast proved expert in shaking down the government to approve its merger. Comcast’s shakedown of NBC has just begun.” Professor Ammori is a former adviser to the nonprofit group Free Press, which opposed the Comcast-NBC deal.

SOURCE

edit on 23-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: tidy up

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It is amazing all these republican tea partiers on ATS don’t realize however screwed-up up the dems are the republican tea party conservatives will kill all of us when they get the chance and give ALL to the corporate predators.

Comparatively, the republicans are CANCER and the dems are a HEAD COLD.

A guy like Olbermann always pointed that out every night on his show, but the low information people who love to hate anything that could benefit them don’t see the obvious doom looking them in the face in the form of REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE TEA PARTYISM

Here is the agenda of the REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE TEA PARTY:

Abolish social security and give it to Wall Street

Cut social security

Take down unions

Allow states to go bankrupt

Raise the retirement age

Raise taxes on the poor and middle class and lower taxes for the rich

They want to continue the Military Industrial Complex with all its dirty wars

Cut Medicaid

Allow corporations to outsource jobs indiscriminately

Repeal the health care bill and put children and millions who have pre-conditions and can’t get health care in danger.

Remove completely controls on the Wall Street predators that ruined the economy in 2008, so they can do it again!

All that and more is what Olbermann fought against every night of his show.

HE AND ONLY HE IN THE MSM TOOK BUSH ON IN THE IRAQ WAR

We need more people like Keith Olbermann

All his critics here can do is unintelligently call him names and not deal with the issues.

DENY IGNORANCE!

edit on 23-1-2011 by inforeal because: TYPO

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
+++++++++++++ UPDATE ++++++++++++++

Olbermann has a new gig:

The Nation: Olbermann's Star Can Save Current TV

Olbermann, whose decision last month to give up his top-rated MSNBC program shocked his fans, will host a nightly primetime program on Current TV and become the network's "Chief News Officer." The Olbermann/Current TV agreement comes at a time when cable and digital media outlets are scrambling to position themselves before the 2012 presidential campaign — an essential branding moment for old and new media — begins in earnest.

SOURCE

Yeah! Olbermann's robust voice, commanding style and erudite commentary will have a continued platform to call out and expose the antics on the Right.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join