It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown With Keith Olbermann Cancelled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

Just finished watching Keither Olbermann's show and it was announced at the end that tonight was his last show. Apparently they have ended the contract.

I have no official link yet.

What do you all think?

Here's a video.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

News story up on CNN:

Keith Olbermann is leaving MSNBC, the "Countdown" host announced on his show Friday night.

The liberal commentator told viewers he had been informed "this was going to be the last edition" of his show, but offered no further details.

NBC/Universal confirmed the news in a statement Friday night.

"MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" will be this evening. MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Link

~Keeper
edit on 1/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Honestly I don't know what to say.

While I might not agree with Keith Olbermann's views I do like that there is a counterbalance to FOX, specifically O'Reilly. Olbermann was the Liberal champion alternative to O'Reilly who is the Conservative champion.

Well goodbye Keith.
edit on 1/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wonder who they have slated to take his place? I'm sure his career isn't finished.

!Keeper

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wait??? What??? They actually canceled this terrible program? When can the other ones get canceled as well?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Olberman was so full of crap he had to get someone else to call his dog for him.

He was also a financial disaster from the embarrassing BS he blurted out.

I really didn't care if he stayed or went.

Maybe they can get some of Obams's former White House Staff members to fill in.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I never watched Olberman; however, he seemed (from reports) to be a "balance" in juxtaposition to O'Reilley/Beck. Without Olberman; I certainly hope the Foxnews clowns are on the immediate chopping-block too. If not, then the country's political balance just shifted right considerably. Which is a damn shame, since they are both political opinionators. What's sad about it is that they all spew opinion and people tune in and listen so they can be spoon-fed their daily opinion.

Anybody besides me remember when we used to form our own opinion based upon our own research and observation?

Sadly, those days are long-gone.

Welcome to 2011!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Whoops Keith, back to sportscenter on ESPN.

Liked him better then.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
FOX News. It's like military intellegence

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow that sucks. I enjoyed his Special Comments. Oh well. Everything changes. Wonder where he's going next....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time.

Hate spewing leftist don't make good hosts.

Ratings proved this.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well.. Keither Olbermann, sorry I had a joke but you gave me on instead

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There were a few "Special Comments" from Olbermann that, while obviously divisive in intent, really struck a chord with me in general. I remember the era when the Patriot Act was being passed, when Olbermann was the ONLY journalist I could find who wasn't candy coating the severity of it.

And few remember that, while we, in the fringe, love to suggest that agents might nor might not have tried to sway a newscaster... Olbermann actually did have a scrape with Feds trying to intimidate him. Something that his right wing, current contemporaries, don't seem to be suffering.

Of course, ultimate, Olbermann is out because Obama is in office and the "disgruntled masses" of today are more inline with Hannity and Beck.

But, give it a few years, give or take... And it'll be Hannity losing his job, and Olbermann, or someone very much like him, stealing the show. The opposition party always gets the pundit niche.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
LOL - This is no surprise have you seen his ratings or the ratings of MSNBC in general?

It is a business after all and it seems people are not buying into or interested in what they are selling.

Live by the sword die by it...FOX is popular for a reason - because people want to hear what they have to say.

The majority of people in the US share their views and interest; that does not mean they are unbiased - sure they are especially thier opinion shows.

They simply have won the trust of the majority of the people and share the popular view and it sells.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Great news.

Maybe they can get a commentator on that has something useful to say.

Poster somewhere above me was right, hes better off doing sports.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thank God!

Thank God this eloquent dramatic yet monotone sensationalist will be gone from TV
I hope he stays out this fool

I was a fan of his when the republicans were in power
Then when Obama won, and he just went from being another one of the rest to worse than the rest

He's a Glenn Beck with a better image consultant

Someone please duct tape his mouth once and for all

EDIT: come to think of it, remember when he almost lost his job when he donated to some left wing politicians which he interviewed?
That wasn't too long ago from today was it?
Looks like MSNBC have been waiting for some reason to get rid of this loud mouthed baffoon
edit on 21-1-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I suspect the fact that the FCC recently graced final approval of takeover by COMCAST might have played a factor.

Comcast Wins U.S. Approval to Buy NBC Universal From GE for $13.8 Billion

Source

Unless you just want to use this as an opportunity to bash Olbemann. If you understand ANYTHING about media plurality and net neutrality, you might not be jumping for joy. I expect to see choices shrink and fees rise.

By combining the largest TV network with one of the largest cable distributors, the FCC is allowing a concentration of power that some might argue is healthy for the efficiency of the business, but more worry will stifle competition, plurality and even increase the threat to net neutrality.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Political Background Info regarding COMCAST from 2009:

Comcast – the country’s largest provider of cable TV and broadband Internet services – has increased its political giving along with its mergers and acquisitions. CEO Brian Roberts was a co-chairman of the host committee at the 2000 Republican Convention. Comcast Cable President Stephen Burke has raised at least $200,000 for Bush’s re-election campaign.

The company was a “platinum sponsor” at the 2000 GOP convention, and Roberts was a co-chairman of the host committee at the Philadelphia event. Burke was appointed to the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and Technology in 2002.

Why would Comcast be interested in silencing progressive voices? Historically, Comcast has boosted its profits by buying up various telecommunication and media content companies — instead of providing faster Internet or better services (overall, American broadband services are far slower than in many industrialized nations). Many of these mergers, as Public Citizen and Free Press have reported, have been allowed by regulators because of Comcast’s considerable political muscle. Comcast’s latest regulatory battle has been to oppose Net Neutrality — a rule allowing a free and open Internet — because the company would prefer to have customers pay for preferred online content.

Olbermann has been a strong voice in favor of a free and open Internet. Republicans, on the other hand, have supported the telecommunication industry’s push to radically change the Internet so corporate content producers have the upper hand over start-ups like blogs, independent media, small businesses, etc.

Source

So high five all you'd like while they slowly stifle our freedoms.

edit on 21-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe someone that could do something other than "Blood Libel".

I have a question?

Someone is currently stating that ANYONE that blamed him for the Arizona attack, is getting sued for libel.

I wonder if they are just covering their backsides on the lawsuits.

Hmmm, that is a very big POSSIBILITY.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Do yourself a favor and read my post. All will be explained and you won't even have to think very hard.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I do not mind.
He stunk anyways.
Good ridance sir, good ridance.
Do not let the door hit you in the ass
on the way out.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join