It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 officer: 'This ain't Canada right now'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Here.....

link

As someone mentioned above and my link talks about, the cops here were caught doing the exact same thing previously and ADMITTED it.

edit on 22-1-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by crovax619
I don.t understand how you got to that point what the majority are saying here is that REAL protestors dont riot since the hippy movement its always been like that you DONT use violence to make your point! For this reason i believe these are undercover cops as rioting harms OUR cause and helps the cause of those seeking to leave us with even less freedom in the near future . We all want to feel safer but giving OUR power to a small minority is never going to end well .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well, if it's not Canada, isn't it then legal to kneecap one of these sons of bitches? I'll bet it'll be Canada again real fast!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Just because the protesters see a few people wrecking a police car it doesn't give anyone the right to join in and start wrecking storefronts.

Protesting against fascist policies is democracy. Would most of the civilian rioters have rioted if the police had not corralled them into the situation?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Interesting... Here is the other side of the story.

CBC News

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Protesting against fascist policies is democracy. Would most of the civilian rioters have rioted if the police had not corralled them into the situation?

You can lead a horse to water.......

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This guy is the reason cops get a bad rap.

Watch the body language of the other three officers in the video. They are all uncomfortable with the way he is acting towards this guy. The cop talking at the start was handling the situation well until the senior officer gets involved.

It only takes one for most people to paint them all with the same brush. Too bad because there are way more good cops out there than ones like this POS.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I can agree with that. There are some RCMP officers out there that hold true to the morals of our people, but there are also too many of them that follow the textbook far too closely. I assume this is more common among RCMP members that are transferred across the country and without much experience among local culture, assuming that regional criticisms are violent in nature. Thus is the problem of such a large country with such a small and diverse population.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't buy the whole 'Black Bloc were RCMP'. There is no proof of this except for speculation and rumors from who? The protesters. The whole 'undercover police instigated the vandalism, and blew up cop cars' is ob sered. These were lies put in place from one of the protesters who wasn't strung out as the rest, and sober enough to come up with this cover just to justify the complete and utter chao's that came from their meaningless protests. Maybe without the destruction they could have had meaning, but with it turned them into a bunch of red neck apes that any trailer park would look like high society to them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I'm going to be frank with you. There are no good cops. You said it yourself, the other cops there are standing there. They might "look uncomfortable" but are they doing anything?

Yeah, they are standing in solidarity with the bad cop.

That makes them bad cops, too.

Every cop who does not step up to do something about the bad cops is ALSO a bad cop. They are accessories to the crime. Enablers. Until these mafiosi with badges start cleaning up their own ranks, every person on hte street is justified in not trusting any of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
I don't buy the whole 'Black Bloc were RCMP'. There is no proof of this except for speculation and rumors from who? The protesters. The whole 'undercover police instigated the vandalism, and blew up cop cars' is ob sered ( Absurd, I'm sure you meant, are you strung out?) . These were lies put in place from one of the protesters who wasn't strung out as the rest, and sober enough to come up with this cover just to justify the complete and utter chao's that came from their meaningless protests. Maybe without the destruction they could have had meaning, but with it turned them into a bunch of red neck apes that any trailer park would look like high society to them.

Are you a Cop or something?

I kid (don't I?).
Don't you have anything relevant to say than lumping the protesters together and calling them all 'strung out'?
Didn't the news already portray many of these people in a darker light, to attempt to justify the attacks on peaceful people half a city away?

You do actually realize there is a difference between a 'protester' and a 'rioting citizen', right? I've lived in Toronto my entire life, and never seen the police force act out with such reckless, unwarranted force and intimidation. I implore you to watch the 2 hour video posted in the first page of the thread, before any more comments as to the mental state of the protesters, and those other hundreds of our citizens who were assaulted by the very force which is -SWORN- to protect us.

I think you, in actuality, have sided with the forces who destroyed the city, contrary to what you've said previously to other posters. Perhaps you should ask yourself why the police forces were given the stand down order, once the 'agent provacateurs' (Yes, IMO, they were not black bloc, but cops/hired hands) had completed their task of creating a nice photo op for the evening news, thereby trying to justify the things they did everywhere else in the city,instead of, oh I don't know, doing their jobs and arresting those responsible? That's right, they were busy corralling innocent civillians to an illegal, and inhumane holding cell, rather than dealing with a bunch of vandals.

Our Charter Rights and Freedoms were thrown out the window, and you are actually standing by, and defending that stance? With your added 2 side argument, either we agree with the cops, or agree with the destruction of the city, I'm just baffled at your logic.

I'm actually quite shocked that ANYONE living in this city who -isn't- a cop, actually stands by the vicious attrocities committed 'in the name of the law'. I remember a time when calling the cops could provide safety, and security, for those who need it.

I still respect and applaud the job they do, when it's done with due process, and entirely lawfully. I do not respect those 'officers' and hired goons they employed for the 'work' they did on the G20 days of last year.

Trailer Park cops act like this, Imperial Stormtroopers act like this, NOT civilized police officers.

But don't worry, the police/media wouldn't lie to you, to further control the population, would they?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have met people who were not cops but wanted to be cops, some eventually do becomes cops. Why, they love having power over other people. To serve and protect is not in there motivation skill set, rather to control and harass.
I meet a prison guard like that once. Obviously not all are like that, but some get a thrill from doing it.

As for Canada and the G20 after what happened in Toronto, what city in Canada would ever want to host this event again?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Yes there is proof RCMP were the Black Bloc. There is video of them going through police lines, and I spoke with eye witnesses as well. I saw the discarded clothing of the black bloc on the ground minutes after they were rushed through police lines.
Here is my thread on what really happened...
Toronto: What really Happened...

MBF

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Did everybody notice that he was a good bit shorter than the cops? I've have ran to these kind of problems all my life. These thugs are no better than normal street thugs. They want to run over somebody just because they feel like they can. Let me tell you something, us short people have put up with your crap all our lives and the only difference between you is that some are just taller than others. You are all taller than us and we have learned to not back down. Doing your job is one thing, but running over people just because you think you can is another. We all have rights that you can't take away no matter who you think you are.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
As for Canada and the G20 after what happened in Toronto, what city in Canada would ever want to host this event again?

Vancouver.

Why not? The political elite in Vancouver spent billions on the Olympics. Then they fenced off the main attractions from the rift-raft Vancouver population and only allowed the global elite to walk up close to the new monuments. They also hired tens of thousands of private security guards and brought in just as many cops and soldiers to keep resentment away from the international community that came for the Olympics (in other words, the rich).

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

As a leo ive seen you defend your colleagues on countless occasions no matter what the circumstanc so I'd like to know ......
What is your position on agent provocateurs ?
If your going to deny their exsistence rest assured il link you to some just say the word .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I just read that the CRTC is now petitioning to give the media greater leeway to be less truthfull...
this will make children safer like Hitler made children safer.
outrage indeed.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

I am not a cop at all, but I am someone that lives in Toronto and saw the destruction of the city the weekend of the G20 summit. Anyone that was involved in that mess was STRUNG out, and more then half of the people I saw walking around were not any type of person I would associate myself with, especially by the glazed look in most of their eyes that I personally saw.

Toronto is a city that has a very LOW crime rate. You never ever see anything close to what happened that weekend in the city limits. If I have anything negative to say about the protesters that were involved in the mess that was caused then I have reason to. Period.

edit on 27-1-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
reply to post by jephers0n

I am not a cop at all, but I am someone that lives in Toronto and saw the destruction of the city the weekend of the G20 summit. Anyone that was involved in that mess was STRUNG out, and more then half of the people I saw walking around were not any type of person I would associate myself with, especially by the glazed look in most of their eyes that I personally saw.

Toronto is a city that has a very LOW crime rate. You never ever see anything close to what happened that weekend in the city limits. If I have anything negative to say about the protesters that were involved in the mess that was caused then I have reason to. Period.

edit on 27-1-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

Strung out? That's a horrible blanket statement.

Strung out what you call a crackhead/methhead/heroin addict that can't find their fix.

Do you not understand the collective mindset of a protest/riot? Perhaps you need some experience in the field.

Do you also consider journalists to be strung out at press conferences? Or how about political parties/voters during an election?

Toronto has a "very low" crime rate? BS. In case you have not noticed, most real crime in Canada is highly organized and is far from typical streetcrime. Just because you do not see the crime, does not mean that it does not occur. Toronto, being a major international hub (and essentially the largest urban centre in Canada) has a vast underground network, just like every other major Canadian city. For the most part, the major underground operations are not tackled by police because there is a customary "don't screw with us and we won't screw with you" policy, alongside a lot of bribes and connections.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'll be right there with you...the government may get away with the secrets they do behind closed doors but the day they try to end my way of life or others will be the day they meet their doom. I'm not a violent person but when you affect my life and there is nothing i can do peacefully...what else can we do?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join