It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Lol !!

I am usually cautious of fraternities,
but.........................

I am starting to think we should start one fraternity here,
a fraternity of information, where we exchange informations
with symbols and all. LOl !

Frankly...I understand the owner of this website position
as a "private" owner. But I do not agree with is positions
that Trade agreements are irrrevocable.

Anyone remember The Insider ?

If you got good reasons to think that security
is a reason enough to propagate informations about
what is going on in "public schools", I think they
are ways to be protected about it.

Wasn't there a case recently about
the government wanting to fire a journalist ?

There is a right to information.

I think that fraternities will have a hard time in the information
age.

I give less than 3 years before the information that was hidden here
get presented elsewhere.

I think, like John Kennedy himself, that societies can be a threat to security.

It is all about balancing the limits between what happens in a private home between a circle of 10 people, and what happens notoriously through public conventions, such as public schools.

Laws are not firm, they exist to be shaped by societies,
and when we feel something is not right
we can do something about it.

Trade Agreement versus public concern and security ?

In these ages of post 9\11, who do you think will win ?

Cedric Phi

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Come on....there s gotta be one organization in the us
that exist to attempt to move the fraternities out of college.

who are they ?

Cedric

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What secrets? As far as I'm concerned, a few frat boys (or girls) chugging litres of beer and engaging in a little structured, consensual humiliation does not constitute a legal infringement. And anyway, this is a discussion forum, it's like a few people getting together and talking about stuff over a few drinks, except we do it over the internet. Anything illegal about that??

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The rituals and related secrets of fraternities serve to create a common experience for thier participants, binding them together in a closer way. They usually they explain the ideals and symbols of the fraternity. I don't need to know what the PKAs do in their chapter room. I know I could easily find that out on the web. I would hope they wouldn't go looking for our ritual out of respect. Fraternities now are evolving again, from the frat you see in movies that existed into the early 90s and into leadership training organizations... Just as they existed as literary societies and became the greek letter organizations that are found on most colleges. Otherwise, they will die off. They keep the crap secret becasue its more fun that way. It also makes the it all more sacred to the members, and therefore more likely to make a larger impact on their lives, making them more valued based, ethical young men. To keep it that way, any fraternity with a strong headquarters will do what they can to keep their sacred stuff secret.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellfire3
What secrets? As far as I'm concerned, a few frat boys (or girls) chugging litres of beer and engaging in a little structured, consensual humiliation does not constitute a legal infringement.

Uh, keep on running with the stereotype you've got going there. You obviously have some animosity. You say you want a discussion and you seem to be insulting a lot of people on this site with broad generalizations.

XvC

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
the beer drinking frat boys are worried about the world knowing that they dress up funny, and paddle each other (a little light S&M between consenting adults is O.K. by me), but the Freemasons, bent on world domination,

I happen to be TKE so i have an understanding of what kind of stuff goes behind closed doors. Getting drunk and yelling, pissing on, beating pledges with paddles is one thing, controlling the free world is another, Freemasons are not in the same league with frats, to a Freemason the world is his pledge and hell week has just begun

[edit on 27-7-2005 by XvC]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am in an underground frat at a college on the east coast and we celebrate individuality rather than the more ignrorant run of the mill fraternities. Our pledging process is very difficult and I can assure you one thing, no paddling at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XvC
Freemasons are not in the same league with frats, to a Freemason the world is his pledge and hell week has just begun

Dare I? Dare I?

No. I won't.

What I will do though, is ask you if you are in a frat; and if you are, when, where, how, and by whom was your fraternity founded?

If you're not in a frat and your not a Mason, then why do you feel that you can speak with authority on the subject?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, hell week's over now. How d'yall get on? I copped a few grannies, did some telepathic mind control and, oh yes, nicked some bloke's gold pocket watch.

Went quite well I thought.

I wonder when we'll do Hell Week 2 (Son of Hell Week)?

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"I happen to be TKE so i have an understanding of what kind of stuff goes behind closed doors. Getting drunk and yelling, pissing on, beating pledges with paddles is one thing, controlling the free world is another, Freemasons are not in the same league with frats, to a Freemason the world is his pledge and hell week has just begun"

So that's what you TKEs do...big surprise.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I happen to be my chapter's vice president (Alpha Sigma Phi), and ALSO a Master Mason in Indiana. I've been collecting rituals for several years now, and there's nothing in these things that coincide with any sort of "control" over anything.

All Fraternities and Sororities do is make men/women better men/women through symbolic lesson, and give them a social network, that's it. I could care less about the secret grip (which there are only about 11 "real" ones, they are commonly reused and shared by many chapters), or any of the esoteric work. They all take different routes to reach the same goal - ethical and social improvement.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In his memoirs, the famous mason Casanova wrote, "That those even who have occupied the Chair of the Master Mason for 50 years may yet not be aqainted with it's mysteries".

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
By the way I didn't see any of it. Were the secrets juicy?

[edit on 2-3-2006 by Spatacus]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Actually Fraternity secrets are copyrighted and submitted to the library of congress. This occured during the McCarthyism era when all organizations were forced to provide proof that they were not communist organizations. I feel like some civil rights were trampled there.

Neale, we happen to be acquainted. I used to live next to your current residence. Strange how we keep running into each other in environments such as this.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by eric2846]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
For all you ritual collectors,
I have just started collecting rituals to study and enjoy. I like the heraldry, symbolism, and ancient languages. I am neither "here nor there" when it comes to GLOs.

anyway, I am wondering if you all know of a chat group or forum where people share and trade legitimate information on GLO ritual.

PS- my tiny college didn't have GLOs, so I never got to try out!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I love how hypocritical people can be. You people say that fraternities and sororities need to be taken off of college campuses, and that our hazing is oh so bad, when in reality, you may think you know what goes on, but you have no effing clue. When you grow a pair and join an actual organization such as a fraternity, then you will see why this means so much to fraternities and sororities. And on the copywright issue, at least for my organization, it is copywrighted, and the organization can sue anyone who releases any information.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
but it seems like the info on this site is either fake unproven or if real taken down.

Hm…. It is a bummer that once someone’s puts together good exposure of a ritual for once rather then many fabricated ones it is taken down… It’s so easy almost as if alls someone has to is threaten a lawsuit and they win…..

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Another sad thing is that ridiculous things on this sites that are FAR out conspiracy are more like disinformation which could easily be seen clearly as libel defamation etc don’t get taken down, but more serous threads do…..

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerToThePeople
It’s so easy almost as if alls someone has to is threaten a lawsuit and they win…..

Do you really want a lawsuit though? If ATS is sued by these people, and its records come into the hands of government officials, do you really want to be served notice and brought into court yourself because of it? ATS has to look out for its members. Having the people who have information about college frat rituals get caught up in a legal battle doesn't serve anyone's interests.

I mean, its all well and good to criticise someone else for not letting themselves be sued and brought into court, but I doubt anyone here would actually do it to themselves.

Also, keep in mind, we're only talking about their rituals as trade secrets, not any conspiracies that they are involved in. If a frat was covering upsome crime or drugging people, etc etc, thats all fair game. The only issue here was the specific rituals as trade secrets.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric2846
Actually Fraternity secrets are copyrighted and submitted to the library of congress.

That means that the text is copyrighted, and thus a person could'nt publish the ritual texts, but they a copyright doesn't protect the ideas and such therein.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join