It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Im pledging phi kapps I do not reveal my location nor my name. I will give you guys all the information I can if I can keep my identity a secret.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So anyways am I allowed to post stuff about frats or should I do a blog for it?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think this thread has gone and gotten pretty silly lately BUT then again I'm reading it aren't I...?

I was KS during my college years and neither experienced nor witnessed anything that had to do with bodily functions as part of "hazing". Nor did any "hazing" include alcohol or any other substance for that matter.

In short, most activities were aimed at teambuilding not at all much different from any average corporation event. Anything else was essentially memorization/practice for forthcoming written tests devised to measure knowledge regarding the organization.

Lumping all Greek social organizations into one group is ludicrous. First, many social fraternities aren't even Greek fraternities. Second, fraternity membership various differently not only within the same fraternity from school to school, but also with traditionaly racist fraternities (black, white, asian, etc.) to those associated with sports, business, technology, purely social, academic, agricultural and etc.

I couldn't care less about bags filled with excrement (purportedly...and realisticly quite possible) or similar shananigans. These members and non-members (pledges) can opt out at any time and as adults it's their own business. People choose to join and can choose to quit. And most of the stuff in-between affects no one but themselves.

I'm far more "concerned", or more appropriately "thoughtful", about fraternal organizations made up of politicians and businessmen who participate in black masses, blood oaths, secret getaways and the like. Seriously, what is sillier, an 18-year-old carrying a stinky zip-loc (purportedly) in his Jansport or a 67-year-old in a semitic (e.g. ("for example") Arabic) fez driving a go-cart down apple-pie and baseball mainstreet USA?

[edit on 30-9-2006 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
that would be good a secret sosciety on above top secret why not no one could touch us then email me [email protected]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
that would be good but i already have your ritual guy thanks anyway

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree I think the whole secret society in regular colleges is bogus I wa a sigma chi sure there were secrets but we wernt refered to as a secret society until ush and kerry skull and bones, now is there sothing to skull and bones yes I THINK SO

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
skull and bones is a frat from before the tradition of greek lettered frats started. All of them are secret socities. A simple definition of a secret society is a group that has secret modes of recognition, such as hand-shakes and pass words. This allows us to include greek college frats, freemasonry, the knights of pythias, the improved order of redmen, the knights of columbus, skull and bones, scroll and key, etc etc. More so, all these groups have at least an initiation ceremony, with most having multiple 'rituals' that mark a member's movment into new degrees or orders.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
sigma chi was founded in 1855

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What about the Secret code ( skull and Bones ) Yale Collage.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've dated a few frat guys and they're not so secretive. I don't see the big deal in trying to expose them. It's all typical college debauchery. There is quite a deal of symbolism and history involved but nothing earth shattering. I know grips, the number system and acronyms of black greeks, and hazing rituals but it's all good fun.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You all have no clue what goes on!!! Get a life?!?!?!? Ok.. Now may I ask who all the businessmen of the world represent.. Just cause ya people don't have a clue about anything don't mean ya gotta knock it.. Gah.. Ya'll are truly clueless!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You all have no clue what goes on!!! Get a life?!?!?!? Ok.. Now may I ask who all the businessmen of the world represent.. Just cause ya people don't have a clue about anything don't mean ya gotta knock it.. Gah.. Ya'll are truly clueless!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You are all dumb and need to get in ligit fraternities and quick complaining.. Go work or something.. O wait.. or are you to old or sorry to do that.. quite knocking fraternities just cause you ain't good enough to be in one!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was in a frat, yet I would not say that being a fraternity member makes you somehow elite or better than anybody else. All one needs to be in order to join a fraternity is a college student. In the US, anybody can get into a college. Once they are in college, they can find a fraternity that will accept them. While it is true some frat chapters may not take nerdy guys, or poor guys, or unathletic guys, or dumb guys, or stoners, etc., there will be a frat chapter on any campus that will take any guy that is willing to make a good faith effort to be a member of a fraternity.

If you need proof of how low the bar is, look no further than the Borat movie. The guys Borat meets in the RV were certainly "good enough" to be frat boys, yet nobody is going to say that they are intelligent go getters with outstanding personalities that will do good in this world.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
hold up everyone, if AboveTopSecret is here to reveal what secrets the world holds then why must we comply to what they say ... if the government says stop posting facts about Aliens then would we stop i ask you? If the New World Order tells us to stop posting about them .... i ask you again Would we?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
skull and bones is a frat from before the tradition of greek lettered frats started. All of them are secret socities.

Not true...Sigma Phi was founded in 1827

-- Boat

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boywhowaits
hold up everyone, if AboveTopSecret is here to reveal what secrets the world holds then why must we comply to what they say

Because we'd like the board to continue to operate and exist.

... if the government says stop posting facts about Aliens then would we stop i ask you? If the New World Order tells us to stop posting about them .... i ask you again Would we?

The NWO is a LITTLE bit different from some fraternity. Is it really worth shutting down ATS to have a discussion about the codes used by some college frat??

boatphone
Not true...Sigma Phi was founded in 1827

? Interesting. I had thought that the greek lettered frats started after the civil war. Thanks for the clarification.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz
This is ridiculous. There is not a shred of a legal claim for removing threads exposing the idiotic practices or the teenage mindset of college fraternities.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by krotzkrotz]

Right on, I thought this board had free speach.
Not having any idiotic teenagers telling me what I can and cannot say.

[edit on 24/11/06 by Hazard]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prunetacos
In the case of Kappa Kappa Gamma, a women's fraternal organization, the Book of Ritual doesn't have anything secret written down, except in an indecipherable code (and the code isn't in the book of ritual). The members are forbidden from writing any of the information down. For example, the Ideals of the organization are nowhere to be found in the whole book, yet they certainly exist and are passed down to every new initiate..com

In my copy of the KKG ritual, one of the sisters wrote down the english translation of the cipher. KKG actually calls it a cipher. Nothing too thrilling goes on in the KKG ritual- nothing that shows they'd want to conquer the world. Anyway, you can get their secret mottos with a quick google search.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Clarification: I messed up when quoting prunetacos. *My copy* of the KKG ritual has the English translation. Sorry to "type" words in your mouth, prune!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join