It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to believe, but you people make it really difficult.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
although i have not read everything you have said let me tell you that you should keep believing. people ake it difficult because they want you to belive lies. i realized that and so i came to abt becuase others believe in the same truth i do. you must believe and keep your eyes open for proof, but clear your mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You're simply looking in the wrong places. Why anyone would ever flock to photos and videos for evidence is beyond me. You can create anything under the sun now days with 3DS Max, Photoshop and Imageready. Stop searching for photo and video evidence. You won't get any.

Read some books. Books like Crash at Corona by Stanton Friedman, UFOs on the Record by Leslie Kean, the original Disclosure book by Steven Greer, Richard Dolan's books, etc.. I'm sure others can add to this undeniably great list. Once you've gotten through these books you will have no choice but to realize there is something real going on. It's all the proof you need. Leave the photo and video threads alone and go read the books. They prove there is something going on. Get a 6 dollar a month membership to Coast to Coast AM where they interview plenty of credible high ranking witnesses with all the PHD's you could ask for. You won't find the proof here or on TV, although Ancient Aliens is a great series no doubt. Good luck and join the ranks of the people who know.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

you have a good sense of sense, an other one i did not think of any others????? so you are seeing the light, or should i say seeing the unseen, reminds me of this if a tree falls in the woods and know one hears it does it still make a noise, and if no one see it fall has it really fallen?

edit on 22-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ok my question to you is what are you trying to "possibly" become the believer of? The fact that extraterrestrials have visited our planet in the past and are currently today? or the possibility that they even exist at all?

Seriously, if you are questioning the fact that they exist with over 400 BILLION stars in OUR galaxy alone(that can be the possible life source for another planet) and over 80 BILLION GALAXIES in our universe that were found SO FAR then you just need help

On the other hand, if your questioning the fact they have visited us before and are currently visiting us now based on "hoaxes" your argument is sincerely useless.

The fact of the matter is that over 80% of the videos, pictures, stories, etc can be "debunked" and the rest are just left with the huge "UNEXPLAINED" stamp across them.

IMHO, the fact that we cant even build the pyramids in our time with our technology with the exaggerated preciseness that the ancients did with their primitive "technology" is more than enough proof that we have been visited and ASSISTED by beings of higher "knowledge" not from this planet.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The truth is that what you really want to do is to meet up with a ufo yourself and try to understand it yourself. Seeing things that others see or claim to see is not quite so convincing as seeing something for yourself.

No matter how many people who have witnessed strange sightings in the sky, a persons personal belief is his own choice.

Strange things happen to many people. The fact that we can communicate with only a keyboard and have instant communication is something that many people would not believe until personally learning of it. That is life period.

I have had paranormal experiences that are inexplicable...nobody can explain them, and I am aware that to even tell of them makes me appear suspect to those who have not seen and cannot believe. So why should I share such information?

My advice to anyone who has legitimately seen a ufo and has no explanation for it to become fully aware of other peculiar things that may happen to you.

One cannot know if these objects in the sky which appear only as light objects are observing and studying us or simply passing through on some long scheduled run like to so many airliners who fly overhead coming into airports.

Until communication exists between the ufo's and the viewers little can be learned from sightings alone. More has to be known and one thing that can be done is to gather together those who have the nerve to admit to seeing something and then taking the time to learn if anything out of the norm occurs amongst those who see and report.

I had had car trouble, ignition problems, electrical problems, and other paranormal occurences that cannot be explained away, but can only be noted and observed. I maintain that I had a battery recharge after one sighting and I believe energy is involved between the objects themselves and the viewers. But heck who knows? That is the whole point. Who knows? It is all learned by trial and error like everything else. There are no pat answers to ufo studies.

I am seeing signs of psychokinetic energy being displayed around me freqently. I cannot explain it. I can only observe it and believe and know that anything and I mean anything is possible and can happen. I had a pencil disappear on me, and hours later reappear. Do I think I was blinded for a period of time? I had looked all over where I had dropped it and could not find it. I finally let go of it and fell asleep. When I woke up, it was directly beside the rug that i had previously picked up, shaken, and looked all around it to find the darn thing. It has happened before, and it will happen again. I believe that invisible entities are all around us. What we can do? Observe, and hopefully report, knowing that to do so may help someone somewhere somehow.

That is all for now.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Im reminded of how the Mexican Indians-Maya-Aztecs saw the Spanish ships on the horizon and didnt "see" them...they had no frame of reference to recognize such things. They were there and coming in strong, but the natives had nothing to relate what they saw ...and in fact thought the Conquistadors on horseback were ONE CREATURE.
No frame of reference. It may well be that with UFO's. They are here, but we dont "see" them.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah I totally get what you’re saying!

I do believe in ET’s --- the universe so big... it just doesn't make sense that we'd the only ones out there.

And I do believe that there is some factual evidence out there --- but it’s hidden within an ocean of BS and now oil
I still love ATS and have learned quite a bit about other things at this site. But usually the ufo threads end in disappointment.

And I agree with you regarding project Camelot --- I just wouldn’t even know where to start regarding that site. Whenever I come across their vids my head starts to ache --- it’s almost like the few brain cells left in my thick skull decide to riot – unless I turn the BS off. lol

But --- I do believe....I’m just not 100% sure what yet lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
it comes back to the old saying: "UFO's will have to land on the white house lawn b4 the world believes in ET's"

seriously, why that little lawn? there is plently of evidence... videos, abductions, crop circles, government cover ups, .... come on

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that whatever evidence gets presented on here, no matter how legit or not, is not proof enough for anyone. I've had a personal experience, that was convincing enough for me that there's "something" out there, or here for that matter. But videos and testimony, that if experienced in person would be more dramatic than what I personally witnessed, never do much to reinforce my belief further.

My experience was amazing, unexplainable, shocking and literally made me freeze in fear, but not provable to anyone else (except the other person that was there with me). But it did more to solidify the possibility than anything else I've ever read, heard or seen. So maybe it's better to be seeking your own experience rather than proof from others.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So because some people here post pics and vids that are not real UFOs, you will have difficulty believing in UFOs? Why don't you go out of your way and research these UFO phenomenon yourself. Besides, you said you found very good info from Ancient Alien series. You are old enough to decide whether to believe on the evidence presented to you or not.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So much of it is fake, it's hard to determine which is valid and which isn't. In my opinion, the military uses "UFOs/aliens" as a decoy to cover up what they are testing/experimenting so other countries don't find out their latest technology etc. I think mens imaginations have just completely bloated this whole thing, it's ridiculous. There's not one shred of evidence to support these claims, not one. Yet people always allege that they have had contact with ETs and such, but never thought to take a photo for proof? Come on, it seems like a desperate attempt to gain fame and fortune. That's not to say that I don't believe aliens exist, I just think alot of claims are disingenuous. I think that ETs exist on other planes/dimensions, possibly even beings in the spiritual world, which we then label as aliens for lack of better understanding. The greys/reptilians could also be spirits from limbo/"hell" who have lost all human form owing to their evil ways, thus resembling grotesque beings.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Simpy put, we're just not that interesting. Probably the most we get are the rare unmanned probes that pop by to scan for gamma radiation or gravity anomalies. Something to show something really cool like antimatter or warp. But with nothing that cool no reason to stop on by.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What do you mean "you people?"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

No...i'm finding ATS is fine with "my attitude".

Whats so wrong with not caring what others think of experiences i have personally had?
What frustrates me is the attitude of a lot of people here on ATS that think other people actually are affected by what they deem impossible or not.
Not everyone is out to prove anything to you.
Especially me.
Thats what i was saying.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther101

Ok my question to you is what are you trying to "possibly" become the believer of? The fact that extraterrestrials have visited our planet in the past and are currently today? or the possibility that they even exist at all?

Seriously, if you are questioning the fact that they exist with over 400 BILLION stars in OUR galaxy alone(that can be the possible life source for another planet) and over 80 BILLION GALAXIES in our universe that were found SO FAR then you just need help

No, I am seeking evidence of ET interaction with earth.

If it was found out that there is no other advanced life in the universe, I would be a firm believer in a deity..because that would be the only logical conclusion I could come to given the statistical likelyhood of it being a quiet universe.
I am currently a comfortable atheist and imagine that will remain

On the other hand, if your questioning the fact they have visited us before and are currently visiting us now based on "hoaxes" your argument is sincerely useless.

Nope, I disregard hoaxes, anything that could be a hoax, and anything that can possibly be dismissed by plausable mundane explanations. I am still pretty sure based on some logical thinking that ETs would have to at the very least know of our existance and perhaps send some probes here to study.
It would be akin to us having a island full of backwoods native primitives..we would study them from afar, perhaps even set up monitoring stations.

The fact of the matter is that over 80% of the videos, pictures, stories, etc can be "debunked" and the rest are just left with the huge "UNEXPLAINED" stamp across them.

as far as the UFO thing is concerned, I am interested in the unexplained ones. Most of them are now dated (you can do anything with some 3d software now). Source also matters alot. Some guy on youtube with a alien channel means little to me. a news broadcaster doing a story that captured something means alot...(if its determined they purposefully hoaxed something, their career is shot for life)

IMHO, the fact that we cant even build the pyramids in our time with our technology with the exaggerated preciseness that the ancients did with their primitive "technology" is more than enough proof that we have been visited and ASSISTED by beings of higher "knowledge" not from this planet.

And now you know why I keep seeking. it is unanswered questions.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

And how do we change it..how do we get it back on the right track?

A Jacques Vallee renaissance - that's how.

Read the books of Jacques Vallee. He has done the real research and has weeded out all of the BS and teased out the government conspiracy. I highly recommend the trilogy series - Dimensions, Confrontations and Revelations. You can hear a great interview with Vallee about these books and his work on Binall of America show:

www.binnallofamerica.com...

Topics discussed:

#
the impetus for the "Vallee renaissance" of the last year
#
the problems with the ETH theory of UFOs
#
Contemporary Ufology & the media
#
how UFO studies have changed over the last 20 years
#
highlights and themes found in Messengers of Deception and the Alien Contact Trilogy
#
Vallee's research on UFO cults
#
why proving UFOs are real is no longer relevant
#
use of scientific equipment on UFO investigations
#
the six social effects caused by belief in UFOs
#
the French close encounter wave of the 1950's
#
classic scholars whose work mirrored contemporary Ufology
#
Occam's Razor and UFOs
#
sincerity of witnesses
#
UFOs breaking the perceived "non-involvement" policy
#
cattle mutilations
#
& tons mor

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Well I have a question for you too buddy... Just what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE?!!?!!?!!?
Where do you get off?!!?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo

The truth is that what you really want to do is to meet up with a ufo yourself and try to understand it yourself. Seeing things that others see or claim to see is not quite so convincing as seeing something for yourself.

Let me use this as a lead in
What would convince me....

1) A leader if a major country (US, UK, France, Russia, China) coming forward and offically announcing ET presence on this world either confirmed from history, or currently engaging in some communication

2) Former leaders of said countrys coming forward and disclosing such secrets, suggesting they simply couldn't while holding office.

3) World consensus of astronomers or some such viewing something that proves to be ET in origin (signal, atmospheric anomolys on a different planet, etc...but this would not answer the question of them being here before, just establish a starting of information)

4) Meeting one of em myself, and being able to do some basic tests (no, some random guy walking up telling me he is from venus would not be very impressive, unless he produced something to validate his claim...ray gun or robotic dog or whatever alien tech/ability they may posess that you cannot find on earth)

5) major news companys pushing forward an analysed source of ET footage, with traceable paths of the film (it was produced from X and you can follow the films through any and all hands right to the producer of said show)

I am sure there are many others that would immediately make me a firm believer..but those seem like the best ways so far for absolute proof.

I also won't fool myself into believing such an event will ever happen, so, I seek, I ask, I debunk, and I keep moving on.

Someone asked why I need validation or whatnot to believe...just believe if I want to.
It doesn't work that way
I want to believe I am a millionare also...there is a contingency to that however...mostly having at least a million $. Anything else is just being delusional.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Im reminded of how the Mexican Indians-Maya-Aztecs saw the Spanish ships on the horizon and didnt "see" them...they had no frame of reference to recognize such things. They were there and coming in strong, but the natives had nothing to relate what they saw ...and in fact thought the Conquistadors on horseback were ONE CREATURE.
No frame of reference. It may well be that with UFO's. They are here, but we dont "see" them.

that is incorrect. they initially called them moving trees in the sea.

So ya...they seen it, they just didn't see ships...they seen what was familiar to them in explaining.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurReality

No...i'm finding ATS is fine with "my attitude".

Whats so wrong with not caring what others think of experiences i have personally had?
What frustrates me is the attitude of a lot of people here on ATS that think other people actually are affected by what they deem impossible or not.
Not everyone is out to prove anything to you.
Especially me.
Thats what i was saying.

You have taken the time to come into a thread to basically state your not participating.
ATS is about the free flow of ideas and trying to piece things together.
If you do not want to participate in a thread, just move on...dont stop, spend effort and time to say your not participating

and then follow up on it.

grow up.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join