It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to believe, but you people make it really difficult.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well I have a question for you too buddy... Just what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE?!!?!!?!!?
Where do you get off?!!?

If you were offended by it, then you identify with it. If you identified with it, then you know exactly what I mean. If you do not know what I mean, then you shouldn't care either way.

Take your flaming anger head and put it in your mirror..you only have yourself to be angry at if you identify with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Care to sum up? Chances are I won't get around to reading it within the next 10 or so years (bit backed up with my readings)...summerys would be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Well I have a question for you too buddy... Just what do you mean by YOU PEOPLE?!!?!!?!!?
Where do you get off?!!?

If you were offended by it, then you identify with it. If you identified with it, then you know exactly what I mean. If you do not know what I mean, then you shouldn't care either way.

Take your flaming anger head and put it in your mirror..you only have yourself to be angry at if you identify with it.

You know I was being sarcastic right? I thought of posting that when I read the thread title, before I even read your post. Then I read it, and I was inclined to agree with some of it, and some of it not so much.

and oh yeah...ROARRRRR

ps jokes on you I really am
ANGRY

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Incidently, I have read through all posts. I have just not answered every one because some of it is redundant, some of it is obvious, and some of it I tend to lump in with others for a general answer.

Ultimately I am nobody famous or very important, the topic is a pseudo-rant on ET investigations and how to improve quality while killing off crappy quantity...and I am not unique in my desire for this.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Where do you get off?!!?

You know I was being sarcastic right? I thought of posting that when I read the thread title, before I even read your post. Then I read it, and I was inclined to agree with some of it, and some of it not so much.

and oh yeah...ROARRRRR

ps jokes on you I really am
ANGRY

Meh, text is a poor portrayer of emotion.
-pokes you with a stick-

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

If you have 10 years worth of books to read, I would bump a few of the redundant UFO books aside to make room in the queue for Jacques Vallee. All of the things you brought up in your OP are exactly the type of mindset that Vallee is coming from, and he was best friends with Dr. J. Allen Hynek - who worked on Project Bluebook for the Air Force. Both of them know this phenomenon more than the typical UFOlogy researcher. He is a genuine scientist and has done field investigations and been privy to the intelligence operations involved with many fake UFO stories and disinformation.

The reason why ATS is flooded with so much nonsense is because disinfo and psychological issues on alien myths have taken hold. The sociological implications of belief are another topic widely researched by Vallee.

Here is a quick summary of his trilogy - sorry not my words:

In Dimensions, the first volume of a trilogy, Dr. Jacques Vallee reexamines the historical record that led to the modern UFO phenomenon and to the belief in alien contact. He then tackles the enigma of abduction reports, which come from various times and various countries, as well as the psychic and spiritual components of the contact experience. In the last portion of the book, he notes the factors that inhibit research into the phenomenon – the triple coverup and political motivations – and concludes that the extraterrestrial theory is simply not strange enough to explain the facts..

In Confrontations, the second volume of a trilogy, Dr. Jacques Vallee personally investigates forty astonishing UFO cases from around the world. He finds it shocking that professional scientists have never seriously examined this material. This book is about the hopes, experiences, and the frustrations of a scientist who has gone into the field to investigate a bizarre, seductive, and often terrifying phenomenon reported by many witnesses as a contact with an alien form of intelligence.

In Revelations, the final volume of a trilogy, Dr. Jacques Vallee presents startling evidence that well-constructed hoaxes and media manipulations have misled UFO researchers, diverting them from the UFO phenomenon itself. Vallee takes readers step by step into the tangled web of UFOlogy’s dark side, in an effort to clear the ever-thickening underbrush that has obscured the real nature of the UFO phenomenon.

You don't necessarily have to read all of his books - but just being familiar with him and his work and some of the basic things he has uncovered would be very beneficial to you, I think, judging by your comments.

I'll even go one step further by offering you a link to download all three of these eBooks. I think you might find the last of the series the most interesting.

www.megaupload.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I know what you mean.I am a believer,at least i try to be.Since i found ATS it's getting harder.
I don't think that you should blame the believers for this circus.At least not all of us.
From my point of view all i want is to find the truth,even if that means the opposite from my expectations.

I do hate all the people that create hoax videos/photos and i'm really bored of all the videos with lights in the night sky.Do you know how many lights i see everynight in the sky?A LOT.I never took them for UFOs.

Of course as a "true believer" i watch every single video that posted,i read every thread,BUT i also make my own research.I still rely on books and magazines for information.

Anyway,check this out.
Black Vault

It is not solid evidence that ETs are here,there are some interesting documents in there.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Grabbed...cheers, will download it to the pad and skim. Ya, the 3rd book seems perhaps the most helpful.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Its my belief that believers and seekers should constantly challenge and debunk "believers" (not the quotes). The faster the idiots and pushers of fantasy get ejected from this and tossed into a religion, the better for both partys.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Ya know what, i guess you're right!

Sorry, It's just frustrating for me when i have seen amazing, unexplainable things and am constantly told it's impossible. Just like it's frustrating when i bring anything up to my friends or family that could be a topic on this site and they don't give me the time of day...

So i'm sorry for acting childish! I am only 20 though!

Sorry again,
Dan

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks for posting that link! I'm finding The Black Vault very interesting!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Bravo - The sad thing is that there are some very vulnerable people who frequent these boards, and without meaning to sound harsh, some of them clearly suffer from forms of mental illness. Some of the discussion on here is unhealthy.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

This isn't to say that there are a few who don't fit the mould, but of that few, how many are mentally stable?

Lots of them. Especially those one sees on TV. And those pesky internet trolls. And those government employees who are paid to tear down threads on secret things. Yep, a lot of them

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Here you go friend: www.cyberclass.net...
Second line

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I am so glad that most people on this planet think that magic is not real. That kind of power does not belong in the hands of the common man. Bet my IQ just went down a point or two with readers. Ah well, better they dont believe anyway.

Not with me, karen61057. I too am very happy that most of the people do not believe in Magick. If everyone was casting spells, and they all worked, what kind of world would we have? Also glad most do not believe in ET live. That way, when they come to pick up their own, the rest will shy away in fear.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

OP, your thread doesn't logically make a lot of sense. What does anyone's belief system have to do with alien visitation, whatsoever?

I will answer that one. Not too long ago, I saw an ET craft in the sky above our little town in southern Ohio. I watched it, so did two neighbors. The next day I related this to my other neighbor, a stanch Christin woman, who proceeded to tell me that it was "Satan's Demons" coming to get the sinners in the town. I asked her what she would do if they landed. She told me she would shoot them, and kill them, for demons are what they are. Glad I am way more enlightened that that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by legitbrah

Crop circles are discredited because of the people in England who came out and admitted that they had created several that were featured on the news. Any mention of crop circles in my estimation is now suspect as far as evidence of extraterristrials or UFO's.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
My personal opinion is that whatever evidence gets presented on here, no matter how legit or not, is not proof enough for anyone. I've had a personal experience, that was convincing enough for me that there's "something" out there, or here for that matter. But videos and testimony, that if experienced in person would be more dramatic than what I personally witnessed, never do much to reinforce my belief further.

My experience was amazing, unexplainable, shocking and literally made me freeze in fear, but not provable to anyone else (except the other person that was there with me). But it did more to solidify the possibility than anything else I've ever read, heard or seen. So maybe it's better to be seeking your own experience rather than proof from others.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

How does one go about seeking their own experience. Should we be wishing? Sending telepathic messages to the ET's. ? I cant spend all of my time watching the skies. I do look every time I go outside and my place of business is two solid walls and two walls of glass so I have a pretty good view of the sky most of the day and still the only thing I've ever seen was explained to me to be a weather balloon over Virginia Beach Va in 2009.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

There are a lot of excitable people that are members of ATS who are looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
They find a blurry anomaly in a photo or a strange occurrence in a video and they can't wait to proclaim that it is an alien from another planet.
In their eagerness to be first, their posts are usually full of spelling mistakes and the title most often contains words like "Absolute proof", "Disclosure" or "Breaking news".)
Other gullible members usually follow up with "Oh wow! You have something there..", "S&F for you my friend..." without even the slightest bit of investigation or analysis.
This goes on for page after page until someone takes the time to look at it and offer a rational explanation, such as a bird swooping.
Despite evidence to the contrary members continue to post in favour of the OP's opinion with more S&F's.
50+ pages later it turns to name calling and insults until a mod finally steps in and chastises the de-bunker because he has allowed his/her frustration to get the better of him/her.
All the while the OP and the yes men (or women) continue on their merry way.

The best way to kill off silly threads like those is to post a short response and move on. (Even though a few words would be sufficient, such as "This is ....." the T&C's don't allow one liners or bad laguage unfortunately)

I've come across the same thing on a forum that discusses ghosts and other paranormal experiences. They post a blurry picture and claim that the face seen in the tree leaves is great grandpa dropping by for a visit. I've tried to explain matrixing to them and they say yes we understand and then the next day here's another picture of a ghost and everyone is all excited and saying good catch or what ever.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I am so glad that most people on this planet think that magic is not real. That kind of power does not belong in the hands of the common man. Bet my IQ just went down a point or two with readers. Ah well, better they dont believe anyway.

Not with me, karen61057. I too am very happy that most of the people do not believe in Magick. If everyone was casting spells, and they all worked, what kind of world would we have? Also glad most do not believe in ET live. That way, when they come to pick up their own, the rest will shy away in fear.

Thanks. We are here. The ones who have taken the time to invistigate what it really is and since its so very simple its really a good thinkg that most people dont believe in it. I dont know about being one of their own. I took this personality test once that said that my personality type was very rare like only 3% of the population. Maybe I am one of them. LOL. Another site said that hybrids have a lower than average body temp and my healthy temp is 97.4 if I go to 98.6 (normal) I feel sick. Ut oh, I have big eyes too! Oh no....Greetings Earthling!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join