It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO making 90 degree turns - original footage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Personally I think it is a hoax.
As many here say the video looks editted and sped up. (The clouds atleast look spead up)
But I showed it to a friend of mine who works at the national meterological center here in the Netherlands (KNMI) and he said that at very high altitudes clouds can move and disapate at these speeds. So it is possible, but I am leaning to hoax. To many things that look a bit off in this video.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
THe funny thing is that the whole event was observerd from a perfect angle for it to be seen making perfect (almost perfect?) 90 degree turns.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
it quite clearly says in the video it was captured at 1 frame per second and is being played at 30fps. this measn that what you are seeing in let's say 2-3 seconds took1 to 1.5 minutes to capture. So the real 'object' was going extremely slow at a turtle pace. Anything can look like a UFO if sped up X10 like this

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Strange.
I watched it a few times and upon closer review I did notice the object seemed to shift it's shape as it changed directions.
Almost like an accordian it reconfigured right before the frame at which it changed direction it's forward motion seemed to compress the body and then it shift shape and changed direction at the 90 degree angle. It reminds me of a spring hitting compressing and bouncing away from a solid surface.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective1

As many here say the video looks editted and sped up. (The clouds atleast look spead up)

Ummm try reading the post eh? You might learn why it looks 'spead' up

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Strange.
I watched it a few times and upon closer review I did notice the object seemed to shift it's shape as it changed directions.
Almost like an accordian it reconfigured right before the frame at which it changed direction it's forward motion seemed to compress the body and then it shift shape and changed direction at the 90 degree angle. It reminds me of a spring hitting compressing and bouncing away from a solid surface.

agreed thats what i thought when i saw it, i dont know if its just the way the camera catches the light off what ever it is, but to me it does look like it stretches when it gains speed.....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thank you Zorgon for babysitting my thread for me. My birthday is tomorrow, and I have been partying too much to keep tabs on this thread.

Space critters!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I have a clip which is very much like the one in the OP. It can be downloaded from my website below.

I took it with my JVC camcorder, modified for NIR (near infrared ) filming. I used Sony Vegas studio to extract from the rest of the footage. It is a 30 meg file if you have the time to download.

www.ivorymask.com...

If you browser does not automatically save, right-click the above and save as...

edit on 21-1-2011 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

i agree with your final paragraph, any digital media can be manipulated with the right software so i'm not convinced. you only have to go to youtube as there are more elaborate efforts on there.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

If I got my math right (very questionable) the entire event lasted about 90 seconds in realtime? Can you confirm that? If so, it is most likely a bird far away.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'll post this again for those that didn't see it...

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
Some jets in this video seem to make the same 90 degree turns.

Between 0:14 and 0:16 there is a good one on the right half of the video.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looking at it when it's slowed down, it has odd movement...as in pulsing movements.

I don't know about this one...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

It does look rather odd when it speeds up for sure.

Ihave found a video that most so far think is the real deal take a look whaen you get a chance its buried in obscurity so far.

abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is my first post so be nice people

Iv seen this myself before, Me and a few friends were having a game of football at the local sports field a few years ago, when it got dark we went and sat on the site pavilion steps, which gives you a good view out over the country side and of the sky.

It was a really clear night and i happened to look up and see this exact thing, it was star like but darting up, down left and right and always at 90 Degree angles, i was fascinated by it so got my friends to look to make sure i wasn't seeing things an they all saw the same thing.

also a few weeks later at the same spot we saw a really bright star like object flying through the sky at a tremendous speed, at first we thought it was some sort of aircraft but there was no sound at all and just to be clear this was not a comet or shooting star before people start saying it was.It left no trail behind it at all.

None of the friends that were with me on these nights believe in UFO's and aliens and such but they still to this day dont know what to make of what we saw.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Predator90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That ufo is gonna be pulled over by the space police.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In 1967 I was a boarder at a high-school in Ireland. I don’t recall the exact dates but I think it was around March or April when I saw the following through the window of the dormitory late at night. What looked like a “star” moved slowly across the sky (in a similar way to one of the many satellites which can be seen in the night sky nowadays). However this object abruptly changed direction 90 degrees a number of times while I watched. I witnessed this for about five or six nights and each night the object followed the exact same path. I called some of my fellow students to see, but they shrugged it off either through fear or lack of curiosity.

The question that I cannot fathom is how an object travelling at such a velocity in orbit could stop dead and change direction like that without harming the occupants (if there were any). Of one thing I am pretty sure: the technology required to execute those manoeuvres in space did not exist on Earth at the time and most probably does not exist even today. It almost seemed as if it was surveying the surface of the Earth. My window faced South-South-East so the object would have come from the direction of the South of England on a westerly heading. Because it followed the same path on consecutive nights I surmise that it was orbiting the Earth.

Since that time I have never doubted that there is other life in our universe and seemingly far advanced intellectually and technically compared to us. I was recently reminded of those events while reading Professor Stephen Hawking's book, "The Grand Design", I googled for "UFO's making 90 degree turns" and wound up here. I signed up to share my experience and I am very glad that similar things have been seen by others. The video may or may not be fake, but I know what I saw 44 years ago and remember it as if it were last night.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A sped-up film of an obvious bird gets 57 flags.
Keep the disinfo coming.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The clip where the jet comes into frame, makes the turn, and heads out of frame, takes about 2 seconds. That means we are seeing 60 frames (about). Since the original time lapse was shot at 1 frame/sec, this means we are seeing about 60 seconds of real time flying.

That's 1 minute we watch in only 2 seconds. So keep that in mind.

Plus, the "normal" speed version he shows is not verified and even so, the video rendering software he used CLEARLY isn't showing "frame-by-frame" as it was shot - it's actually blurring the shots together - so it's almost impossible to tell what the ACTUAL speed of that "normal" version is.

Even so, the angle that plane is turning is not 90 degrees. It could be more like a course change of about 45 degrees, but at the angle we are to the flight path, the turn has the illusion of looking sharper than it really is.

Good post harry

I have made time lapses before, and this looks just as I would expect an aircraft to look/behave.

I did actually think at first that it was a bug, but then it dawned on me that it couldn't be a bug since it was a time lapse. Bugs don't fly in straight lines for more than a few seconds tops, except for perhaps dragon flies, but they tend to hug the ground/water! The motion fits much better with that of an aircraft, once you consider that this is time lapse footage.

One later poster also noticed that the object was less well defined (fuzzy) when it was lower down in the frame/sharper when it was higher up, which also fits with it being a distant object like an aircraft.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by subby
A sped-up film of an obvious bird gets 57 flags.
Keep the disinfo coming.

This video might be a sped up bird but this kind of thing does happen.

What i saw was what looked like a star but taking exact right angled turns left and right and after a few seconds of doing this it shot downwards towards earth.

always puzzled me as to what it was really.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join