It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO making 90 degree turns - original footage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
It does not feel like a jet to me, the OP. Even if it were at normal speed, its movements are not anything like the videos you have shown. There are clear rhythmic turns in yours, whereas the OP video moves in three straight lines like a zig-zag.

Actually, the second video I posted from 0:14 to 0:16 has an exactly identical movement as the object in the OP. 90 degree turn, same radius curve, and nearly the same speed.

Also, the object in the OP is not doing a zig-zag, it just doing two 90 degree banks and you are viewing it at an angle. Jet's often do that to line up with runways. They will approach and plan for one runway but aircraft control will tell them to land on a different runway next to the other. Instead of a slow bank, they make 90 degree turns to maintain their distance from the airport and not compromise the landing slope.

They also do that to avoid collisions with other aircraft.

Also, if it was a jet, I doubt that it could be seen pulling off maneuvers like that from the window of another aircraft.

I am not sure I understand what you are saying here? Was that comment about the video in the OP or Zorgons concord video?

It just doesn't seem to add up enough for it to be "clearly" a jet.

I am pretty sure it is a jet... it moves and turns exactly like a jet would in time lapse.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Even at normal speed its still strange.

Its not like UFO's always go at super-speeed.

The only possible "human" explanation would be some kind of missile test.

Maybe they are testing our missile deflection capabilities?

Who knows...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A bird, a plane, a missile? I'm not entirely convinced of either. To say something is possible, is not saying much - as absolutely anything is possible.

So I am glad to have found a "real unidentifiable flying object".

Closest runner up is a plane. I think it is odd that a plane would be making such maneuvers while flying upwards, at the same time. I also feel that due to the left right left movement of it, it would not have been able to stay in such perfect alignment to the camera - but I admit I am no expert.

I would really like to get into contact with the person who made this footage. I think I'll do that later today.

I have never personally seen anything like this (provided it is not a plane), but I would also not dare call someone a liar who claimed that they have. Video "proof" can be debated until the end of time, that is what makes it so (grumble) "fun".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is what I would call a worm-type ufo. I call it worm because it looks a bit like a caterpillar and it elongates and shortens its body.

I am sure this has been covered before on ATS or elsewhere. Basically they are organic crafts; perhaps it would be better to describe them as creatures or entities that inhabit the atmosphere. In my opinion they have always been around and contribute to the workings of the elements.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Birds do that to avoid being hunted by predators. However this is perfectly 90 degrees. So if it was CGI, then there would be no slow down at the turns. But at the turns it slows down. So it has mass, and is affected by momentum. What could it be?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is a classic UFO. Good catch. S&F

Here one UFO that I did a thread long time ago. What do you think?

here is the thread. You are welcome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
WTF?!
i hate how it looks like epic foootage from that one clip..
then i get an error message..fml

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugstomper

Birds do that to avoid being hunted by predators. However this is perfectly 90 degrees. So if it was CGI, then there would be no slow down at the turns. But at the turns it slows down. So it has mass, and is affected by momentum. What could it be?

What the hell? Are you seriously trying to say that you can't make an animation slow down? Some peoples stupidity is shocking. Go watch a few tutorials on Adobe After Effects. You can do a hell of a lot more than make objects slow down or speed up.

How do you think it's possible to make movies like Transformers if people can't even do simple things like making a CGI slow down? Please don't tell me that you think that they actually used real transformers for the movie.. please.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Pobble because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The fact, that the video was speeded up, makes me suspicious about it. I hate to bring up an old UFO debunking cliche. But could it have been a weather balloon? It was taped rising up, and as soon it hit the jet stream, it made a 90 degree turn.
So poor Earthworm, wants to shoot at weather balloons? Strange indeed.

Just my two cents,
Erno

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

well from my knowledge and all the research i have done this could possible be an interdimesional creature. I know it sounds far fetched but, from what ive seen with my own eyes and from what i have gathered through information from specific places i can not say but, anything that is man made or made from something else whether it be man or alien vehicles can not make turns like that for the fact of harming the driver at the speeds they are going. Now something that is alive can make turns like this. See who is not to say that the universe can not be a place for creatures we have yet discovered or we already have and its being covered up. This is just something to think about

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The clip where the jet comes into frame, makes the turn, and heads out of frame, takes about 2 seconds. That means we are seeing 60 frames (about). Since the original time lapse was shot at 1 frame/sec, this means we are seeing about 60 seconds of real time flying.

That's 1 minute we watch in only 2 seconds. So keep that in mind.

Plus, the "normal" speed version he shows is not verified and even so, the video rendering software he used CLEARLY isn't showing "frame-by-frame" as it was shot - it's actually blurring the shots together - so it's almost impossible to tell what the ACTUAL speed of that "normal" version is.

Even so, the angle that plane is turning is not 90 degrees. It could be more like a course change of about 45 degrees, but at the angle we are to the flight path, the turn has the illusion of looking sharper than it really is.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It appears to move like a little inchworm.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

I like your explanation its the best one ive seen so far ..Im going to go do some research on that topic..thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No offense but it does seem sped up.

And could have been edited judging by the screen going from blue to green..could be a camera but who knows?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Moth!

It's just like those flying fish things that eevryone got worked up about till wen you see them lowed down or with the naked eye, you can see how deluded some people really are
edit on 20-1-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If it a real video
. However apart from that this does not open the UFO debate any further. We need real disclosure.

Great vid man

Edit it could be a chinese lantern in time lapse.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Looks interesting, but I wonder why the video is in fast foward in the beginning. At first I thought when it said "normal speed" it meant to say slow motion but that is not the case.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great video but seeing it was sped up throws the hole thing off in my opinion. Making those maneuvers at hi speed is impressive but at a slow speed it could be anything??? Still not sure what it is we are looking at?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Interesting... I'm not a videographer, but was this video taped in VHS format? The reason I ask is because of the strange lines at the bottom of the video, resemble that of VHS films being fast-forwarded (in this case because of the time-lapse feature).

I'd also like to make an opinion on the object itself. At 0:29-0:30, the object makes a very sharp turn, but placing a cloose look on the object, you notice that it turns as if it were a cylinder-like object, with bending capabilities. It does not actually stop, yet bends in the new direction. I had to watch this part several times to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Regardless of the origin, I would have to say that this may definitely be recorded as a "Unidentified Flying Object", but I also believe that with enough analysis, this may perhaps be Identified soon enough.

Also, as a last bit, I'd like to add that I have no opinion yet, as to whether or not the footage may be edited or not, because I don't know the exact source. I would imagine that it'd be a bit more difficult to edit a VHS directly, but now that we're only dealing with a digital copy, the capabilities are endless.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have a similar 90% turn clip that I took a while back. I have never uploaded it. I will upload tomorrow on this thread as it is relevant. It may appear like a bug to some but I doubt it because it comes from behing the roof of the house.

Just bear with me as it is getting late here and I need to retire.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join