It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO making 90 degree turns - original footage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

bug...not much else to say. Seen it before.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Very interesting- its not a 'bug' or a 'bird'- it only looks remotely like that in the time lapse mode, but when run at normal speed, its far too slow- makes me wonder if some people bother to read the description or watching the whole clip before posting. The guy says he was doing a time lapse video of clouds (which I did too when at college- you get some interesting results) 1 frame every 1 second so when played back at normal speed (for the format in the USA- NTSC- thats 30 frames a second) the clouds appear to swell and race across the sky, and our UFO seems to zip across the screen.
However, as the owner of the footage states, he slows the footage down to 'real time'- (notice the clouds are now moving normally), and the UFO is moving much slower- still pulling some pretty tight turns, but most interestingly, the object seems to elongate and shrink, jumping across the screen. I have read descriptions of other sightings where the object is described as 'skipping' across the screen, and some of the elongation could be due to 'motion blur' (an option in After Effects and other video editing software to blur one frame into another to avoid jerkyness at low frame rates, which this is) but this plainly rules out 'bugs', 'birds' and 'jets'. I think we can rule out a deliberate hoax as the UFO is right at the edge of the screen- surely, if you were going to all the trouble of making a hoax, you would centre it, or at least not have it going off the edge of the screen.

For some reason he has chosen to crop the slowed down footage, making exact comparison difficult, and the footage could have a rational explanation, but I dont believe it can be so easily written off as the usual 'bugs, birds or jets'.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Jittery? You can say so, and I will say it is not.

Really? You can't see where the object kind of stretches and compresses, like a worm, sliding along a surface? That seems pretty obvious to me, and is one of its clearest characteristics.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I disagree, because of the time lapse. A bug would only be visible on a few frames. I think the object is moving much slower than a bug.

However, I don't think the object is a craft of any sort. Maybe CGI. Or something else I haven't figured out yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Try to keep in mind it's recording one frame per second, video standard is like 25. Watch carefully how it slows as it turns. It's not a 90º turn and whatever it is definitely slows down. As there are no points of reference it would be impossible to tell anything precise, but if this video were slowed down to one frame per second as it was recorded, it's quite obvious that it doesn't represent supersonic flight. I don't see any reason to not classify this as an aircraft of the human variety. If a plane makes a turn it can look like a 90º turn to certain ground observers even if it were a much more open angle.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Yeah I noticed the 'worm' effect.

It is very odd. That's why I can't dismiss it as CGI. Just seems too fluidic.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
ive seen the same basic thing when i was in highschool. 3 friends and i were out camping in buddys back yard and we all saw the same thing but it was dark out so i think we got a better view. it made 4 maneuvers and gone over the horizon. wish i had a camera at the time.

good find!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Closest runner up is a plane. I think it is odd that a plane would be making such maneuvers while flying upwards, at the same time. I also feel that due to the left right left movement of it, it would not have been able to stay in such perfect alignment to the camera - but I admit I am no expert.

ThinkingCap, it's certainly some interesting footage (even with the time lapse) so thanks for sharing it.

I don't know if you've seen the link but it realy is quite surprising just how many right angle turn UFO reports are actualy out there - some of which stretch way back to the 1950's.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I always asked "why are there no videos of UFOs making these 90 degree turns people talk about?" So I was excited to see the title of this thread, but I see now it's just time lapse speeded up.

So I still have yet to see such a video. I do tend to discount witness claims of sudden 90 degree turns. Even if they aren't lying, they are probably just misinterpreting what they see, or else it's a UAP like a light or a reflection which could make a 90 degree turn that would be impossible for a physical object.

90 degree turns are the least credible of all UFO related claims, as I've never seen any evidence to suggest otherwise and would be impossible for an aircraft.

Actually these aren't perfect 90 degree turns either and it could be a bug as others have suggested.

I have seen such a video. I hate to say this and not to have the link on hand. but I believe it is the video clip taken by George Knapp with Robert Lazar and John Lear overlooking the test range at the Groom Lake base.

The video shows what appears to be a test of a craft.

The motion is what you would expect from a device controlled by some sort of PID loop (from control systems) because it moves very quickly but instead of stopping instantly there is a slightly under-damped settling. It goes up, then left then right then down and again.... From the looks of the video it reminded me of when one tries to tune a laser projector by making a square pattern and observing how it settles at the corners, really seemed like a deliberate test or tuning of the control system of whatever it was. I take that to mean inertial manipulation is real and kept a secret. And it may or may not come from ET

If anybody else can find the video that would be great, I will try to locate it.

As far as the OP's video I see nothing conclusive or even special since it is time lapse. It could be a small airplane in the distance making a standard 90 degree turn (over the period of several seconds......) and is so far that the turn appears to be sharp.

-rrr

edit on 20-1-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
God, that music is creepy.

But a great video none-the-less.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
re. the worm effect:.
Dr Story Musgrave is a Doctor and Astronaut.
en.wikipedia.org...

In this video he describes seeing "a snake" in Outer Space (at 3m 08s) The snake is rubbery, has internal waves in it, is several feet long and follows his spacecraft.
www.youtube.com...

Here is a NASA shot of a space-worm"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah, ok, and what of the mysterious black clouds that dissipate in seconds?

This video has been tampered with.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

As far as the OP's video I see nothing conclusive or even special since it is time lapse.-rrr

edit on 20-1-2011 by rickyrrr because: (no reason given)

My feeling exactly.... we have no idea what those frames captures were set apart at. Maybe just maybe they were 5, 10, 15 secs or so apart and I am being real generous. I mean come he said he was time lapsing clouds.
edit on 20-1-2011 by OatDelphi because: grammar

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You only see craft like that over Lake Eire in Ohio. Great find tho.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Yeah, ok, and what of the mysterious black clouds that dissipate in seconds?

This video has been tampered with.

The 'mysterious black clouds that dissipate in seconds' is because it is time lapse video- 1 frame=1 second.

Yes, if you like, the video has been tampered with, but not in any strange, underhand way (at least not to do with the speed of cloud dissipation), but in the way the OP states in the original thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
The whole time lapse throws it off:

He took 1 pic every second, and is playing it back at 30 pics a second.

Makes it look like it is super fast...when in reality it isnt.

Exactly, it's a bug nothing more. It is slowed down footage almost the same technique used in the rods hoaxing. People say it is too far up? Really? How do you come to that conclusion. you cant even tell how far away it is. When something moves faster then what the shutter speed can catch "often times bugs" it will leave a slight trail behind it so It seems longer at times. Unlike the human eye cameras can manipulate what we are seeing with a few tricks. Im sorry people to break it to you but...

It is a Bug

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

On August 8/9, 2005, China Central Television (CCTV) aired a two-part documentary about flying rods in China. It reported the events from May to June of the same year at Tonghua Zhenguo Pharmaceutical Company in Tonghua City, Jilin Province, which debunked the flying rods.[2] Surveillance cameras in the facility's compound captured video footage of flying rods identical to those shown in Jose Escamilla's video. Getting no satisfactory answer to the phenomenon, curious scientists at the facility decided that they would try to solve the mystery by attempting to catch these airborne creatures. Huge nets were set up and the same surveillance cameras then captured images of rods flying into the trap. When the nets were inspected, the "rods" were no more than regular moths and other ordinary flying insects. Subsequent investigations proved that the appearance of flying rods on video was an optical illusion created by the slower recording speed of the camera.[2]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The atmosphere is like a layered cake with temperature inversions separating each layer. Each layer often has it's own winds moving in different directions and speeds than other layers, this can explain directional changes in an object moving upwards through the atmosphere. The time lapse nature of the film (i.e slow vertically moving object) and the generally continuous rate of ascent suggests a weather balloon of some type.

Sorry not convinced.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
As a forward, I believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials in an ancient and contemporary context:

Is this all it takes to convince you lads? If you can't account for the editing then it simply must be legitimate? That's a fairly low prerequisite.

With this level of scrutiny, you're all screwed if HARRP is used to stage a holographically projected invasion or return of a deity,
edit on 20/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Recording rate 1fps
Playback rate 30fps
First view in video to exit 5secs
5sec x 30fps = 150secs
2.5mins
enough time for a jet to bank a turn over a few miles - funny the videographer does not follow object.
If this is the said camcorder
www.jvc-australia.com...
then taper was using stills photography at 1fps- hence not following the object and the dissipation of the clouds are ragged.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join