It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO making 90 degree turns - original footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I attempted to search for this, it seems fairly recent. I don't think this has been made a thread of so far. I am no expert, but I found this video to be brief and interesting, due to the movement of the object.

At the end of this video, he gives camera explanation:

Time of Day: Sunset

Camera Angle: 15 degrees above horizon

Camera Type: JVC Camcorder

Frame Capture Rate: 1 Frame per second

Frame Playback Rate: 30 Frames per second

Frame Capture Size: 640 / 480

Caught this UFO while taping time lapse footage of clouds. The clouds were clearing as the sun went down. That is when the UFO was caught streaking across the sky. I thought it might be a high flying jet until it made its two sharp 90 degree turns. I have seen jets make high speed turns at high altitudes but they can't turn this sharp at high altitudes. I don't know what it is. If anyone knows what it is please post your comment.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Well, a jet it is not.

What it is though I have no clue, but if it's not CGI then I'm pretty impressed. Thanks for finding this! S&F

Khar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Incredible!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
looks to me like a new way of achieving orbit but yes definately odd good find

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmm this looks very promising...best video I have seen of a UFO in about a year. The one thing I would point out is that it seems like very odd pathing for a supposed alien ufo. Why would they turn in a zig zag pattern like this for any reason? Other than that it looks good...
S+F
edit on 19-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is very interesting. The back half of the craft seemed to be jagged like flames. I would think it is a rocket but it really is making 90 DEGREE turns. OOOOOOOOOO i just thought of what it could be. It could maybe be a RPG or stinger ETC... some Shoulder launcher rockets have laser guidance systems. This would explain the side to side because of maybe a demonstration of controllability ETC... Still it cant explain the almost perfect 90 DEGREE turns? My theory about the demonstration is only legit if there is a confirmed military base or firing range close to HOLIDAY TX.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Yeah, too fast
in orbit with whiplash
:EDIT: Or maybe major brain damage
edit on 19-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
Why would they turn in a zig zag pattern like this for any reason? Other than that it looks good...
S+F

If I could do this I would. For no other reason then it looks cool. Nice footage.
If it's real, it's real cool.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What bothers me is this is time laps photography. You are not seeing a real time event. Watch the clouds in the middle of the screen dissipate and watch the jet contrail up top as it moves across and dissipates.

I would like to know over what time period this film was really photographed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Too far away and too high to be a bug.. possible bird? White, with strange jittery flying pattern? Although.. for it to be a bird wings would have to spread to get a speed boost like that especially going up in the air. I didn't see wings spread?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
What bothers me is this is time laps photography. You are not seeing a real time event. Watch the clouds in the middle of the screen dissipate and watch the jet contrail up top as it moves across and dissipates.

I would like to know over what time period this film was really photographed.

This is quite obvious, I watched the film once and to come to this conclusion....
I would also like to know over what time period this film was really photographed, Im also inclined to think that it is speeded up in parts.
edit on 19-1-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
just noticed it says that it is speeded up and when it zooms in it apparently is showed the real-time footage

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

From the way the clouds are moving it looks sped up extremely fast. This would make the object moving slow in real time. Maybe like a spooked bird in the field, I know the old its a bird statement. But at 29 to 30 seconds right before the second zag it looks like wings flapping to me manipulated by the speed factor(full size screen with the highest resolution, and pause). The speed manipulation makes this extremely hard to believe it is authentic and I am no expert. It had me going for a minute.
edit on 19-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, definitely appears to be nothing too foreign after realizing it's been sped up big time. Still, interesting vid, and I'd be curious to see who recorded it and what their thoughts are on it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This to me looks too much like a bug of some sort, much closer to the camera than it appears.

The time changing bother me too, at first I thought it was moving qute fast, but then when I saw that it was slowed down to normal speedit made it more obvious for me.

A bug, or something much simpler like a piece of dust or debris that came in close to the camera, and was pushed away by the breath of the camerman, either through a cough or sneeze.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel21
This is very interesting. The back half of the craft seemed to be jagged like flames. I would think it is a rocket but it really is making 90 DEGREE turns. OOOOOOOOOO i just thought of what it could be. It could maybe be a RPG or stinger ETC... some Shoulder launcher rockets have laser guidance systems. This would explain the side to side because of maybe a demonstration of controllability ETC... Still it cant explain the almost perfect 90 DEGREE turns? My theory about the demonstration is only legit if there is a confirmed military base or firing range close to HOLIDAY TX.

There is an Airforce Training Base 20 miles northeast of Holliday. Sheppard Airforce Base Wichita Falls, Texas. I should know, I live there! When was this filmed?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The whole time lapse throws it off:

He took 1 pic every second, and is playing it back at 30 pics a second.

Makes it look like it is super fast...when in reality it isnt.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
In the beginning of the video, you can clearly see the object fly upwards and then literally zigzagging. The only mundane possibility is that it was a bug, maybe a giant white bug. A hitch hiking bug on the plane, that was miraculously caught on camera.

I'd like to talk to the person who actually took the footage. Seems credible. In the end, no matter how good of a film, it comes down to belief.

Thanks for viewing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I always asked "why are there no videos of UFOs making these 90 degree turns people talk about?" So I was excited to see the title of this thread, but I see now it's just time lapse speeded up.

So I still have yet to see such a video. I do tend to discount witness claims of sudden 90 degree turns. Even if they aren't lying, they are probably just misinterpreting what they see, or else it's a UAP like a light or a reflection which could make a 90 degree turn that would be impossible for a physical object.

90 degree turns are the least credible of all UFO related claims, as I've never seen any evidence to suggest otherwise and would be impossible for an aircraft.

Actually these aren't perfect 90 degree turns either and it could be a bug as others have suggested.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
im not even interested in footage or their agenda anymore Im gonna shoot at one when i see it anyone claiming to be gods deserve to be shot KILL KILLKILLKILL THE ALIEN TERRORISTS KILL KILL KILLEM

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join