It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another California Shooting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

ANOTHER CALIFORNIA SHOOTING?

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Police were responding to a report that a Los Angeles Unified School District police officer was wounded at a shooting near El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills.

The shooting occurred around 11:45 a.m. on the campus at Valley Circle and Burbank boulevards.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:39:35 -0600 by MemoryShock because: Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Are things getting crazy in general or are these "signs"????

It seems everyday there is violence in the news. Such reports used to shock us...now they're just another news report due to our desensitization.

My sympathy goes out to the victims and their families, as well as the USA overall. We must look like scrupulous villians from the OK Corral to the rest of the world.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
there are cops all over the 101 going to the HS. you were fast on this one...

not much info yet. but they are responding in huge force...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

I suppose this is what happens when a country gives Both Good and Evil people permission to buy firearms,
Then again poeple with guns in america still dont kill as many people as ciggarettes do

edit on 19/1/11 by TedHodgson because: Added to illiterate

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Once again, guns are inanimate objects.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Luckily the police officer is listed in "fair" condition and was even well enough to call for help after being shot. I'm wondering what the circumstances were for this event. There's not many details at this point.

Thanks for posting, I'm now following this story! S+F

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I had the news running in the background while getting some work done and, at first, I thought they were running yesterday's reports. But then I heard the story being reported as "Live, breaking News" and I was like, "You've got to be #ing me!"

Not much out there yet. I had to wait a few minutes just to get the above article.

Pardon me in advance for getting "metaphysical," but there are some prophecies that say things like this, as well as natural events, will increase and get worse as we get closer to the "transition."

Take it or leave it, but I am observing with an awakened mind.
edit on 19-1-2011 by capod2t because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes guns dont live, Your point been?...I identified in my last post that guns are not evil but the people that use them for wrong-doing.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

the suspect, described by LAPD as a white man in his 40s with long, brown hair, wearing a dark sweatshirt, blue jeans and a long, black bomber jacket.

Nothing regarding the shooter being in custody.

Confirmed that the officer was vested.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Am i missing something? It was a police officer, not a congressman/woman.

Not to be rude at all, I wish the officer the best and quickest recovery as Mrs. Giffords, but cops getting shot is kinda the norm across the U.S.

Unless there's something else I missed.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A Los Angeles Unified School District police officer was shot in the chest near El Camino Real High School
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Desenitized much? Two shootings near LA schools in as many days doesn't shake you up?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I am.......

.....in a world.....

....of #t.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

A Los Angeles Unified School District police officer was shot in the chest near El Camino Real High School reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Desenitized much? Two shootings near LA schools in as many days doesn't shake you up?

I didnt know there were 2 shootings within 2 days....

It bothers me very much everytime I hear someone thats out to protect us in a life or death situation.

When the congresswoman was shot, thats something you dont hear, it made headlines very quickly. I hear of cops getting shot damn near every week, I dont like the fact that it happens but it happens so much, I didnt expect that to be a breaking headline.

But like I said before i didnt know it was 2 in 2 days around schools in the same area targeting cops, I understand now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Seems there are some antsy and hungry kids on lockdown - they aren't even letting them go to the bathroom. LAPD trying to figure when they will let them out of the school. Suspect still on the loose. This must be so hard on the parents. Hope they find this suspect soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is violence everyday all over the world, don't think that just because the news reported it then we finally have a major crime unraveling.

Violence exists everywhere, everyday. This is not a sign of the end of the world or some anti-christ. This is not due to some magnetic pole shift. This is a mere flaw of humans to be influenced in evil or good.

It is just a shame that people insist on carrying out their crimes near or onto children (aka news worthy).
edit on 19-1-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

join