It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much friends do you think you have that are real friends

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
some will stab you in the back...some will be friends with you only for fame or money some might even turn out to be gay and obsessed with you then you have the the real ones.. but then again how would you describe a real friend
fire away..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

A real friend is someone who knows everything about you and still wants to be friends with you

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
some will stab you in the back...some will be friends with you only for fame or money some might even turn out to be gay and obsessed with you then you have the the real ones.. but then again how would you describe a real friend
fire away..

My wife is my best friend we see eye to eye and agree on most everything. Unless its about the remote control for the TV. I win!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a real freind is non judgmental and will help you when your in need even if it takes food off his/her table.
i reckon i have one or two but could have more through choice as some people like me who i find incredibly annoying, but they are mainly bigots.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
When you are so pissed you see red, a friend will buy you a cup of coffee, talk you down to sensibilty, and help you realize that it was all just a misunderstanding.

A REAL friend will put down his shovel wipe the sweat from his brow, and between gasps for air ask if you think the hole is deep enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
A real friend is someone who doesn't judge you, or make fun of your feelings.Someone you can talk to on a deep level, and feel confident doing so. Someone who is there for you if you are low...no matter what.

I have had many many bad friends in my life, and find it difficult to find real/good ones.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a person observant of your feelings, shows respect, shows concern without prying or tricking information out of you, is straightforward with you but considerate, gives you time but doesn't bother you, remembers you when you are not around, puts effort into maintaining the friendship.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My family = my friends
They are required to love me unconditionally...(they should have read the fine print. heh).
The rest are friendly, but are not permanent

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I was someones friend and he was a backstabber so i faked like i was gay to get him the hell away from me. I thought he was messing around with my girlfriend at the time and could never prove it i needed space to get clarity. he was my best friend and he is known for cheating on his girlfriend of 5 or 6 years and i swore that he had messed around with my other ex before her. I asked my other friends and i could sense they had been lying for him from the look in their eyes and the hushed conversation or little inside jokes and abrupt end of conversation when i walked into the room. I needed something to prove my theory that he would lie to my face and my other friends would cover for him.But i couldn't find anyone that would help me.I also knew it would have to be something of great magnitude but not obvious They knew i was cautious and was waiting for a slip up. So i faked like i was drunk and gay and that i didn't remember a thing what came next was the fact that i always knew to be true about them they lied about it when i asked what happened and talked about it behind my back sometimes openly mocking me but in a secretive way as to not draw attention to it because they thought i didn't remember lol. I had been friends with these guys forever. It was a dumb idea as it took its toll on my name but i needed to know the truth and out of that desperation came the idea. I kind of feel sorry for it but i got my answer. I couldn't trust any of them and i found out who my true friends are. The real question is how far are you willing to go to find out who your real friends are? If i could do it different i would have just stopped being friends with them but one of these friends was a kid that i had known my whole life and the other i thought of like brothers so i needed to know.
edit on 19-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
you people live in a funny world with a whole bunch of different humanoids then me
there is no thing as friends, they are an illusion of your ego
everybody wants something.
its human nature.
we are animals.
that is all
okay

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I got one best bud, Rod, and he's the only one I needs

We share a trailer and a bed and plently of good times

Ronnie

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have never had any real friends, and this was proved by my life, just people out to destroy my life.

Its amazing if people are out there destroying your life, and you cannot hate them, bizarre. Anyone else have that?

You cannot hate people that wanted to see you dead.

I will never understand what friendship means, and i do not care for it, but its like a disease if you treat people like that.
edit on 1/19/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

But are you faithful inchworm, lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

But are you faithful inchworm, lol.

WHAT?!

(Call me)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Joke.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm

I got one best bud, Rod, and he's the only one I needs

We share a trailer and a bed and plently of good times

I'm imagining it something like this...

Please don't burst my bubble...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Kid, it aint' nothin like THAT-- imagine a pansy that keeps stealing all the blackets, actin like a cover hog (Rod) and picture me in my shorts cleanin my rifle (on the bed). Throw in some good music and some wine and ya got our bedroom.

(Theres' a window that looks out on the backyard where my turkey lives

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Kid, it aint' nothin like THAT-- imagine a pansy that keeps stealing all the blackets, actin like a cover hog (Rod) and picture me in my shorts cleanin my rifle (on the bed). Throw in some good music and some wine and ya got our bedroom.

Oh no, I don't think I like that picture at all. Do you clean the rifle under or on top of the covers? Either way, I can understand Rod getting a little bit tetchy about that, it's not very considerate now is it? I don't think you're being entirely honest about Rod, sounds to me as though he may have a few grounds for complaints, seems nobody ever house-broke you.

Were you raised by wolves boy?

Sitting in your shorts, cleaning your gun (this is for fightin', this is fun, no doubt), on the bed, while your friend is trying to sleep is not polite, and a person who does not get adequate sleep can be tetchy, especially when they have to go to work next day. Perhaps you're not as good a buddy as you claim to be. The word selfish comes to my mind.

Anyway...I'll stick to Eric and Ernie, much more my cup of tea.

(Theres' a window that looks out on the backyard where my turkey lives

Cute!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Lets' get ya something straight! I do all the dishes and cleanin at that there trailer-- I cook him breakfast and even iron his pants for work EVERY morning! What does he do, get soup stains on his slacks like its' no big deal-- guess who gets to scrub the spot out-- ME! I even walk his little dog, Peaches. Hows' that for somebuddy who doesnt' give a darn??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have two friends. One my bestfriend that I've known since I was 5 and My boyfriend. I try to cut the bull# out of my life and these two people are the only people i ever depend on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join