It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Everything About You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would worry about this if it wasn't for the fact that so many people I don't like and clearly do not like me have a lot more info on me than this already.... but yeah, if you still have your privacy and can manage to keep it... by all means cherish it.

link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
either the website is garbage or I am just real good, all they have is a name, guess about age, and an adress thats 10 yrs old

Same here.. wrong or outdated info. The website isnt garbage, you ( like me) dont use patterns ( emails and etc matching up) and youre not a social-site-whore.
I know people who LIVE to post on facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.. and wonder why their info is everywhere.

link   

Originally posted by shadowind
LOL the website in question thinks I am in my late 50s LOL
were they got that idea is beyond me! seems a bit in-accurate esspessially considering how much people probably lie about themselves online. I am quite sure there are places I have posted my age before including of facebook and myspace and yet the managed to get it wrong.....so yeah I am not too concerned.

edit on 18-1-2011 by shadowind because: (no reason given)

If this wasnt a conspiray site I'd copy and paste my info. Nothing left to the imagination. It bothers me that my a picture of my house is on there from google earth. I'm fairly private about my income and assets. I hope that is the true value of my house though but values have dropped. Too weird!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

either the website is garbage or I am just real good, all they have is a name, guess about age, and an adress thats 10 yrs old

Same here.. wrong or outdated info. The website isnt garbage, you ( like me) dont use patterns ( emails and etc matching up) and youre not a social-site-whore.
I know people who LIVE to post on facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.. and wonder why their info is everywhere.

This info narrows down the culprits! I joined a site called credit ****.com to monitor my credit score. It's just one of many possibilities. I'd say their name but dont want to get sued, they know what I'm worth. Not that's it's a lot.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Get this..I got my mom an Iphone for xmas.. with internet and the works. She checks an old email and sees an email that says " someone is looking for you.. click here and see who has been searching for you". SO she goes to this site which is some high school or college social site and they ask her for all of this information so she can get the messages that are waiting for her.

yes.. the dope entered in all of the information because she thought someone was looking for her from her school days.

I didnt know if I was to laugh or cry.. I swear.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

OMG! This really pisses me off! They have me listed 4 times! From all my previous addresses!

I tried to remove myself and after the first 2 i received this msg :

In order to prevent abuse, we must limit the number of privacy requests per email address.
Government officials please use your @.gov email address for priority processing.

so I had to use a different email to remove the other 2,,,
To prevent abuse?... what a load of sh!t.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have looked for numerous people and oddly, was never able to find who I was looking for.

link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Originally posted by Advantage

This info narrows down the culprits! I joined a site called credit ****.com to monitor my credit score. It's just one of many possibilities. I'd say their name but dont want to get sued, they know what I'm worth. Not that's it's a lot.

Hey I hear you.. expecting some sort of privacy is not really realistic anymore though.
Its life on the interwebz ....

link   
Ha, ha, ha, they got me making a million a year...

But seriously they have almost every address I have ever lived at, along with some of my siblings linked to me as well. So obviously if someone wants to pay to see what I do they could, but I don't have anything hide.

That is I mean, I don't have anything of importance that hasn't been already breached thanks to my bank's crumby online security systems which I believe is on purpose.

Not gonna lie, I believe it to be a scam, I think they want our accounts to be breached. This is because they want to get people to have to go to the credit cleanup guys who charge huge amounts of money just to make a single phone call or fire off one or two letters/emails and then it just magically vanishes.

edit on 18-1-2011 by OatDelphi because: grammar

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ive paid out big bucks to do background checks but those never gave as much detailed info as this free site unless I went to the State Patrol website.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Its funny.
My Android phone apparelty synced my gmail with my phone which accessed my facebook. I know this because a game i played asked to publish my score on facebook which i never signed on to from my phone. :O
!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Its funny.
My Android phone apparelty synced my gmail with my phone which accessed my facebook. I know this because a game i played asked to publish my score on facebook which i never signed on to from my phone. :O
!!!

And if you put any pic from your phone on facebook EVERYONE will know your exact long and lat.. then can find your house and a nice pic of it. Every photo has geo-tags when you have navi on your phone. The data is in the exodata on your pics that ANYONE can access. Google android and geotracking. Its not just android BTW.. its most navi enabled phones and digital cameras. You can google how to turn it off, but some cells have no way to turn it off in reality.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

I couldnt have worded it better myself. I just removed myself before posting this. I was freaking horrified! To think there are other sites doing the same is creepy! Does anyone know of any more?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I have looked for numerous people and oddly, was never able to find who I was looking for.

Maybe I'm on the red list!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by alittleironic

I couldnt have worded it better myself. I just removed myself before posting this. I was freaking horrified! To think there are other sites doing the same is creepy! Does anyone know of any more?

Depends on what info you want to erase.. most of the juicy stuff is public record and you cant remove it. Eventually your info will link up again anyway. There really are a ton of places.. just google people finders and I think a place called "black book" has lists of them. I visited black book when doing genealogy a while back.. no idea if they are still in existence though.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

couldnt have worded it better myself. I just removed myself before posting this. I was freaking horrified! To think there are other sites doing the same is creepy! Does anyone know of any more?

Oh, well - you are going to love this! It gets worse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Its funny.
!!!

I also play 2 games on facebook but never gave my kids names or how much my house is worth.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

PRISON HOOK UP??? good grief..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Its funny.
!!!

I also play 2 games on facebook but never gave my kids names or how much my house is worth.

Your real estate data is PROBABLY coming from zillow.com. Theyre notoriously wrong too.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Great thread OP. You're really helping my paranoia...

INFO DOOM YES!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join