It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Everything About You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I know what you look like, your address, phone number and get this your credit score and the value of your house.

You must remove your name from this list ASAP.

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on Facebook, Myspace or web, your approx credit score, pics of where you live, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the page for yourself, copy the URL and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Privacy link to remove yourself.

Scary isnt it?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Only in the US

Thank god, i was getting angry for a moment there.
However People in the US feel free to punch a wall

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This exact same subject and website was brought up about three weeks ago by another poster. Unfortunately even if you remove yourself from this list, there are numerous other websites gathering the same info from the web. Unless you pay monthly to keep yourself buried through certain companies which provide that service, they'll keep selling your info to whoever is willing to pay for it. Best thing you can do is to keep all your profiles private, and visit as few social websites as possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This had the names of my children, my age, my married status, wealth, google view of my house, hobbies and my PERSONAL email address. Much, much more, everything about our lives for all to know. Even my income was listed!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I visited the site when this was posted before. I dont quite remember, but dont you have to pay for the info? Sorry, if I am mistaken.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have seen posts about similar services, both public and private, that perform data mining on every one of us, and that is alarming. I went ahead and removed my information (all of it, as there were several addresses listed), and after the second removal I was told "In order to prevent abuse, we must limit the number of privacy requests per email address. Government officials please use your @.gov email address for priority processing."

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes in the US but I'll bet the entire EU as well. They have federal databases of everything we do, guns, religion, banking, medical, etc. I think this is a global issue.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Someone left this site on a thread not long ago - I checked and I was on it but very limited information and they didn't have my new address (been here a year). They only had my address from 13 years ago, my business name at that time and phone number from that time. Nothing at all up to date or personal. No SS# or credit card numbers - hope it stays that way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Theve got nothing on me, Ive taken measures to be annoymous
My birth name wasnt Ted For example but it is now

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Most information is free but yes they do charge a fee for a full profile. Not much though, anyone can do it. People are nosy and would be happy to pay to see your info.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Someone left this site on a thread not long ago - I checked and I was on it but very limited information and they didn't have my new address (been here a year). They only had my address from 13 years ago, my business name at that time and phone number from that time. Nothing at all up to date or personal. No SS# or credit card numbers - hope it stays that way.

About the only thing missing from mine was my mothers maiden name. Lets hope they dont have our social security numbers but how else would they know my credit score?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow, pretty scary how much info is out there so readily available.

Thing that shocked me most was that the free search gave an exact address too.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
LOL the website in question thinks I am in my late 50s LOL
were they got that idea is beyond me! seems a bit in-accurate esspessially considering how much people probably lie about themselves online. I am quite sure there are places I have posted my age before including of facebook and myspace and yet the managed to get it wrong.....so yeah I am not too concerned.

edit on 18-1-2011 by shadowind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I did some searches on people I already know, and some had full address' with phone numbers and Google maps to their address', thats scary stuff. I'm pretty anonymous, though they do have what I rated on Netflix.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
either the website is garbage or I am just real good, all they have is a name, guess about age, and an adress thats 10 yrs old

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Wow, pretty scary how much info is out there so readily available.

Thing that shocked me most was that the free search gave an exact address too.

I was shocked as well but most upset that my kids names were listed and anyone could also click on them and open a new page about them!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
These websites work by cross-compiling public information. You can combat a lot of this by never using the same email/username/etc. on all the sites you visit. There isn't much you can do about publicly available info. such as address/phone number/etc. if you're in the phone book, but taking steps to insure your real name doesn't get linked to social sites and forum username's would prevent much of your info. being merged. Just be smart about how and what and who you register as...

link   
Been like this a while.. makes stalking and profiling pretty easy, eh? Just imagine what your govt has on you.

link   

i'm not on it at all. the only person with a name similar to mine lives in texas...across the country. score! i'm anonymous!

thank you OP, it was pretty cool to look at a site designed to snoop on people that has nothing on me, even though i've been using social websites and chat programs like yahoo for ten or more years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowind

It said I was in my 50's as well. I think it was using my dad's age as it still listed his address martial status, etc... Even some of his info was wrong... There wasn't a lot of detail on mine but I removed my profile anyway. Be warned everyone, you have to use your email to unregister so if you don't have a junk email account, I'd make one before you do it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join