It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Everything About You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Youre from Wahsington state right? Check these out .. you cant get your data off of pub records though.

dw.courts.wa.gov...

publicrecords.onlinesearches.com...

www.publicrecordfinder.com...

You can go by your county.. just google your county and public records.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

I made a phoney email address too. They want us to jump through hoops to be removed. They most likely want to double check to see if they have the correct email to sell to spammers.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Youre from Wahsington state right? Check these out .. you cant get your data off of pub records though.

dw.courts.wa.gov...

Thanks and I'm aware of all public records, I'm in to genealogy and know a bit about all this; I can pull up dead relatives social security numbers, check a home parcel and much more but my credit score and picture of my house is also creepy. I play on google earth a lot but to see it all compiled in one tidy place makes me very angry.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

dw.courts.wa.gov...

Thanks and I'm aware of all public records, I'm in to genealogy and know a bit about all this; I can pull up dead relatives social security numbers, check a home parcel and much more but my credit score and picture of my house is also creepy. I play on google earth a lot but to see it all compiled in one tidy place makes me very angry.

A relative and I ran a "check-a-mate" type business.. before it got easy on the net.
There are many ways to get your info Im not pasting on here. The thing is that with each of the public records and your online stuff thats being logged and tracked , nasites go out datamining and gather all of that at one place for these jokers to sell for a few bucks. The problem is that unlike human checking into backgrounds.. these sites have no moral compass. We refused to release info that was requested and we didnt feel comfortable giving.. too many crazy stalkers.. but these sites have no problem with it.

Bottom line is that between pub records and what you do online.. you cant stop a flood of information thats constantly being mined. Youre fighting a losing battle basically and they are getting better at it every day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

dw.courts.wa.gov...

A relative and I ran a "check-a-mate" type business.. before it got easy on the net.
There are many ways to get your info Im not pasting on here. The thing is that with each of the public records and your online stuff thats being logged and tracked , nasites go out datamining and gather all of that at one place for these jokers to sell for a few bucks. The problem is that unlike human checking into backgrounds.. these sites have no moral compass. We refused to release info that was requested and we didnt feel comfortable giving.. too many crazy stalkers.. but these sites have no problem with it.

Bottom line is that between pub records and what you do online.. you cant stop a flood of information thats constantly being mined. Youre fighting a losing battle basically and they are getting better at it every day.

I’m all for technologically advancing but this hits a little too close to home. They are still considering an ammo database. There seems to be one for almost anything. There should be precautions and regulations about who is allowed to have such information but the Constitution has no Privacy policy. They can look inside our bedrooms now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

dw.courts.wa.gov...

I’m all for technologically advancing but this hits a little too close to home. They are still considering an ammo database. There seems to be one for almost anything. There should be precautions and regulations about who is allowed to have such information but the Constitution has no Privacy policy. They can look inside our bedrooms now.

You bet. Scary stuff indeed.,
Consider where I live we have Occupancy Permits.. every person in your home and the relation to head of household is listed. We have to have this before we can occupy an owned home and must have it ready to present if a police officer comes to the door. We have a FOID which logs every hand and long gun we have.. plus when we buy AMMO we have to present the FOID and out drivers license. It goes on and on...
try not to worry too much about it becuase its really impossible to get off of these databases. Its a dirty thing.. but there just isnt much you can do besides drop out of everything and become a sovereign rather than a citizen.
The absolute best thing you can do to prevent stalkers is not give out identifying info on message boards or social sites.. places where you might offend someone if you say "hello"... and choose your friend, mates, and associates well.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sorry if someone posted this before, but facebook keeps all that information and sells it to other companies. Not saying they are the only one, but using this and searching public documents with google earth it would be easy enough to fit the pieces together.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Sorry if someone posted this before, but facebook keeps all that information and sells it to other companies. Not saying they are the only one, but using this and searching public documents with google earth it would be easy enough to fit the pieces together.

Yeah.. unfortunately thats all part of datamining.. getting the information and the programs sort and order them... then they are available for access., The only saving grace in any of this is that computers are stupid.. they cant see their own mistakes when they happen so a lot of the information is flawed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You bet. Scary stuff indeed.,
Consider where I live we have Occupancy Permits.. every person in your home and the relation to head of household is listed. We have to have this before we can occupy an owned home and must have it ready to present if a police officer comes to the door. We have a FOID which logs every hand and long gun we have.. plus when we buy AMMO we have to present the FOID and out drivers license. It goes on and on...
try not to worry too much about it becuase its really impossible to get off of these databases. Its a dirty thing.. but there just isnt much you can do besides drop out of everything and become a sovereign rather than a citizen.
The absolute best thing you can do to prevent stalkers is not give out identifying info on message boards or social sites.. places where you might offend someone if you say "hello"... and choose your friend, mates, and associates well.

I've been to trusting on the internet! I do online banking, pay bills online, etc. I love that green bar in the top address bar saying SECURE, what you describe is what is coming here soon, I'm sure. The Federal Census kind of bugs me now!

The Government here already has my medical history, banking history on the database. I think there is a database Czar. Round em up when martial law sets in if we dont agree with the changes that are forth coming.Wow!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is why I never opened a facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I never play on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I tell people not to go on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I laugh at people who are on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

By the way, they had zero of my information. You guys really should read the Terms and Conditions to a website before signing up. (For instance, anything you write here becomes property of ATS, which is why my thread count is so low.)

Yeah, read before you sign and you will avoid this stuff. Of course, if you sign and read then you have no one to blame but yourself. (Even if you didn't read, still your fault. Ignorance of the law, does not exempt one from the law.)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go churn some butter, darn my socks, and apply some monkey gland.

PS:

There is another "me" in my city. For those of you who will want to "prove me wrong".
"Me" is another fellow with the same name as I.
edit on 1/19/2011 by adigregorio because: Postscript

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

There is another "me" in my city. For those of you who will want to "prove me wrong".

Oh no.. there are TWO of you???

**FAINT**

Just jokin, much love to you adigregorio.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
This is why I never opened a facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I never play on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I tell people not to go on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

This is why I laugh at people who are on facebook/myspace/facespace/mybook/linkdin/etc.

By the way, they had zero of my information. You guys really should read the Terms and Conditions to a website before signing up. (For instance, anything you write here becomes property of ATS, which is why my thread count is so low.)

Yeah, read before you sign and you will avoid this stuff. Of course, if you sign and read then you have no one to blame but yourself. (Even if you didn't read, still your fault. Ignorance of the law, does not exempt one from the law.)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go churn some butter, darn my socks, and apply some monkey gland.

PS:

Anyone who has applied for credit is at risk from what Ive learned so far.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Theve got nothing on me, Ive taken measures to be annoymous
My birth name wasnt Ted For example but it is now

Same here, I am nowhere. Now I take steps to insure that it stays like that. It's like I disappeared after HS, because that is my last known address . . . ummm, almost 30 years ago.
I feel for people who are "out there" and wish they weren't, especially with kids.

I am on facebook under an avatar with an email created that matches such. My IP address is a town 45 miles away. I google myself sparadically too . . . no such person, or one with same name different state.
edit on 19-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

applied for credit, rented an apartment, rented a car, the list goes on and on... online banking, ebay, amazon, social sites, freaking bridal registry online.. its EVERYWHERE and there really is no way to prevent it other than like I said, dropping out and becoming a sovereign. If you wish to live, work, or be online in any capacity in the country.. youre going on a database which can be mined, will be mined, and thats it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Theve got nothing on me, Ive taken measures to be annoymous
My birth name wasnt Ted For example but it is now

Same here, I am nowhere. Now I take steps to insure that it stays like that. It's like I disappeared after HS, because that is my last known address . . . ummm, almost 30 years ago.
I feel for people who are "out there" and wish they weren't, especially with kids.

I am on facebook under an avatar with an email created that matches such. My IP address is a town 45 miles away. I google myself sparadically too . . . no such person, or one with same name different state.
edit on 19-1-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

If many arent on the list/site I wonder why many more are. I guess it's possible to stay under the radar. Too late now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I have done all of these things, again did you guys read the "fine print"?

If they (credit, apartment, loan, whatever) do not say they will not release my private information, then they do not get my business.

I also have "traps" set. (More than one phone number, email address, po box) I use them seperatly when signing up for things, and I keep track of what is on which. If a company gives out my info, I know within 3 days. AND I know which company, it has only happened once and it was an accident (they claim
)

Only need 2 phones, email is free so have at it. PO box, that one is optional. I order much online, so I use 'em.

And most important: Read those terms and conditions, I know they are long and it is way easier to just click "ok", but easy isn't always best. (My opinion, in case you wondered who farted.
)
edit on 1/19/2011 by adigregorio because: they (...) does (to) they (...) do

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

applied for credit, rented an apartment, rented a car, the list goes on and on... online banking, ebay, amazon, social sites, freaking bridal registry online.. its EVERYWHERE and there really is no way to prevent it other than like I said, dropping out and becoming a sovereign. If you wish to live, work, or be online in any capacity in the country.. youre going on a database which can be mined, will be mined, and thats it.

Yes I agree. I think many sites add tracking cookies to the computer registry. They do on mine. Youre right it's everywhere. I'm just so shocked to see I had an open page like that and I was easy to narrow down simply by my name.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I know dear.. you are perhaps the most entertaining and truly funny intense wackadoodle paranoid I have ever read on these boards.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I also play 2 games on facebook but never gave my kids names or how much my house is worth.

How much your house is worth is public info on your county assessor website along with your address, property taxes, pictures sometimes, etc... It's definitely still creepy that someone gathers all our info from so many sources and compiles it though.... By the way, nice to see a fellow washingtonian on here!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you for both of the compliments! (I would have said so sooner, but I try to keep to the topic the best I can. Sorry!)

Really, all you ever have to remember is:

"It's all about the money."

Look at a situation, if someone can make money of it they will try; hell even if they can't they try!

A bit of side news to this:

My mother was on that site, the first time it made the rounds around (heh) here. She removed herself, without talking to me first. Here is what I would have pointed out to her, and am offering up now:

You must give them MORE personal information to be removed from their site!
Just sayin'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join