It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Everything About You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
it's probably just a matter of time before the whole world is listed on a website

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I Know Everything About You

Excellent. What would you charge to come over and mate up all my odd socks?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You don't even need a web presence to be listed on sites like that one. I looked up my mother-in-law and she was in there with her correct information, so that kind of blew my mind. You would see this woman's picture in the dictionary under "old fashioned." She had the old Bell style dial corded phone until about 5-6 years ago before her kids finally said enough is enough and bought her a cordless one. A computer? Not in a million years. I don't do social networking at all but just finding my mother-in-law's info in there tells me it's not even necessary to have a computer or Internet to have your basic information available to anyone like that.

I remember when I was working for an attorney back about 10 years ago, I was sent a CD in the mail from a company that would allow you to look up information on anyone like that. I tried the demo and found myself and it was scary what was available then. Since then, with the explosion of Facebook, Twitter and all that, the information that is out there on people is just that much more crazy. All your information is out there somewhere. Sites like this one just make it simple to get it all at once.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I removed myself from that site a few years back - it may have been one like it...
but I just had to remove myself again. This is very scary

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
you don't know what I ate for dinner last night, so you don't know everything about me. But I know that you don't know so that means I know more than you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Word.

Apparently I make $282k a year according to public record? At least anyone searching for me now is going to think I'm a straight baller.

Oh yeah, first-time, long-time. Greetings, salutations and all that!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow. Thanks for the info....i had my information pulled immediately...

Now that was a very useful post. Thanks a lot

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
this is simply rediculous

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
This exact same subject and website was brought up about three weeks ago by another poster. Unfortunately even if you remove yourself from this list, there are numerous other websites gathering the same info from the web. Unless you pay monthly to keep yourself buried through certain companies which provide that service, they'll keep selling your info to whoever is willing to pay for it. Best thing you can do is to keep all your profiles private, and visit as few social websites as possible.

so these sites are running an extortion racket. unless you pay, every vital piece of information that can be used to steal your identity is posted online.

i suggest calling the fbi and bringing rico charges on these site.

edit on 19-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was a Private Investigator in N.C. about 10 years ago; a failed attempt to generate some extra income. It's a lot harder than it looks.

Back then I bought access to the data bases the gov't had I forget the specific name of the company at the time but one had to send on the PI License to have access to it so at least there was some vetting. Was like 40.00 a month or something for access to credit reports, tax information, criminal records DMV etc.

The scary thing is what was once on that list is now available on these sites. This means the government is selling this information to these people without your consent. Deplorable.

You can file to suppress (there is a specific form for it with each agency) all the publicly available information but you have to do it for each item on the list if you have a criminal history with the original agency that charged you - you can but have to tell them in writing not to allow or sell access to anyone other than government agencies with a proper warrant for such information.

It's very time consuming; not worth it for me since I have nothing really to hide, my salary in the Army was public record and so is my retirement information from the same and I have no criminal record or traffic violations. However, if you are not getting jobs for which you seem otherwise qualified it could be simply your credit or even DMV records holding you back as companies are checking this stuff more and more.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I had two entries on the site, and I removed them both

REMOVE YOURSELF

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I know what you look like, your address, phone number and get this your credit score and the value of your house.

You must remove your name from this list ASAP.

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on Facebook, Myspace or web, your approx credit score, pics of where you live, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the page for yourself, copy the URL and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Privacy link to remove yourself.

Scary isnt it?

I posted this thread earlier....www.abovetopsecret.com...

What really gets me is someone is making $$ off information about ME...my personal information is being profited off of? Shouldn't I be privy to some royalties or something from this? Considering the information they are handing out on me wouldn't exist had I not created it?

Anyone see where I am going with this?
edit on 19-1-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Found a few versions of me but nothing scary past being able to find old address's. Even the newest listing had an incorrect Apt. number. Not too worried as there is nothing to stop this sort of data mining. Sure, you can remove yourself from sites like this but more sites will pop and that does not take into account what the .gov has on you.
Debit card purchases is like a gold mine...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Since I have no bank account , no phone number , no social network profiles , no drivers license or credit card. They don't appear to have any info on me what so ever. Infact they couldn't even find me when I typed in my name.

Infact the only member of my family who I could fin on there's information was complety off. It had him listed as married when he had gotten a divorce more then fifteen years ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I checked the OP;s site out and I was on there. 3 TIMES! Luckily I have a PO box and nobody can see exactly which town I live in. If they ever wanted to know anyway. It was scary to see actual google street view images of addresses!

For extended information it wanted me to pay a fee. I know they have more information on me that I don't know about.
Does anyone know of sites like the OP's link that gives all this information without paying money?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Did anyone look at the prices on that site? For a year subscription it only costs $2.95 per month. You can get three month access for $5 per month. Fifteen bucks is cheap to get whatever info you want.... Kinda scary.
edit on 20-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The info on that site is all whacked out. I searched myself and the income said i made 114K WAYYYYYY Off it had house that I lived in but not the correct years and the one picture of the house is updated says ive lived there for 5 years and i havent lived there for 15 years.

Gathering useless info

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This shows a picture of my old house!!! Does it show a close up front view of their house for every one here?

It's a picture close up..from the front of the house!!! Who the hell took the picture?
edit on 20-1-2011 by Terms777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terms777
This shows a picture of my old house!!! Does it show a close up front view of their house for every one here?

It's a picture close up..from the front of the house!!! Who the hell took the picture?

Haha, that made me laugh. Nobody took the picture, its from the google earth street view. Not everyone has one because not all areas are covered. You can look around 360° and see all your neighbors houses too.
edit on 20-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: Typo

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthXninja

Originally posted by Terms777

Haha, that made me laugh. Nobody took the picture, its from the google earth street view. Not everyone has one because not all areas are covered. You can look around 360° and see all your neighbors houses too.
edit on 20-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: Typo

Just because your paranoid don't mean their not after you! haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join