It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of dead seals in Labrador, Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well well well... this is sad. Seals are so cuuuuuuute.
And this time, it's not us killing them with clubs, promise!

Hundreds of dead seals in Labrador

People on the north coast of Labrador say scores of dead seals have been washing ashore since early December.

A conservation officer with the area's Inuit government estimated late last week that hundreds of adult and young seals have died in the area between Hopedale and Makkovik this winter.

Their reason :

At the time, a federal seal researcher said the early birth of seal pups in Labrador may be an indication the area's seal population has grown too large.

Well MAYBE that is the reason... but considering what is happening worldwide... I doubt it... BP oil reaching the higher seas using underground currents?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Every day I hear about another animal die-off, and every time there is always the explanation that it is completely natural and it always happens. But there is no way that this many animal die-offs in such a short time are natural and happen all the time, they have to be connected somehow.

I got my money on the oil/Corexit, that's what killing the animals in the sea. The animals on the land? Pole shift, methane clouds, I'm not sure. What I do know is that our earth is going to crap. In the words of Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle: "Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy (snip) ride"

link   
It is sad that all these animals dying, but I cant help but wonder if it is more normal than we expect for animals to die in large numbers but because of the media everyone is getting riled up about it and starting to worry!

More research needs to be done to see how often large groups of animals die say in the last decade compared to the last month when all these animal death threads started!

I do feel bad for the animals, I just hope that animals dying like this is more normal than we realise and there is just a lot of hype about it at the moment!

link   
"At the time, a federal seal researcher said the early birth of seal pups in Labrador may be an indication the area's seal population has grown too large."

Is that right ?

Kinda like the same bs darwinists like to say about homosexuality and natural selection lol

Dead birds fish seals crickets cows seems like the perfect storm for whatever wicked comes this way

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

BP oil reaching the higher seas using underground currents?

Well if we are going to go with 100% speculative and factless theories...I'm gonna go with Godzilla...I think Godzilla killed them all.

Is there any...ANY information at all that would suggest this has anything to do with the BP spill???

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The Inuit are one of my favorite cultures.
I really hope if this is all manmade that they remain untouched by this worldwide situation.
They haven't done anything to the planet to deserve to suffer more then they already are.
I really hope the seal population and fish population stays up in numbers because to this day they still need those animals to survive.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well, besides the fact that millions of gallons of oil poured into the ocean at an alarmingly fast rate for a whole month, and we dumped thousands of gallons of chemicals to fight fire with fire, and things that go into water tend to, I don't know, spread around, no, there is no factual information.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Well, besides the fact that millions of gallons of oil poured into the ocean at an alarmingly fast rate for a whole month, and we dumped thousands of gallons of chemicals to fight fire with fire, and things that go into water tend to, I don't know, spread around, no, there is no factual information.

I agree...there is no factual information that these events are linked.

Unless you have some other information to make that huge leap in logic to connect these two?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Maybe it's Cthulu after all.

Nah seriously, we'll have to wait for an autopsy of the seals... if they ever do one...and if they do one, if the report comes out...

Or I know... it was FIREWORKS... Yes that must be it.

Or you know... hundreds of thousands of fishes have been dying in the last few weeks... seals eat fishes... some say the fishes are infected with a virus... I think we even saw some confirmation somewhere that it was a new virus... Maybe the seals are dying from that virus infecting the fishes?
edit on 17-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well, I think it's also worth mentioning that he cites "early birth". This is something that is invading our Earth system that can cause huge calamity in the biosphere. The Earth is like a pristine clock, and all things occur in their time and season for a very specific reason. Species A repoduces during a certain time every year, meanwhile species B feeds on species A during their migration coordinated with those same times. So, throw those things off and you have 2 species radically affected.

In other words, early birth isn't just a possible cause, but a very real indicator of something going terribly wrong in an otherwise orderly system.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This isn't a new phenomenon' Here is an article from January 2009 talking about pelicans falling from the sky. Included in this article are other mass animal death from prior years.

ecosalon.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Now seals?

Soon its gonna mass amounts of people randomly dying in groups.

I remember reading stories of whales beaching themselves because the changing magnetic field confuses them... so I wonder if that has anything to do with the seals...

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has something to do with the BP oil spill; many a few people have warned us of the long-term scope of the disaster, and think far too many of us have forgotten about its impact simply because it's not in the headlines anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sea lions and seals are having a heck of a time with it these days, it seems a disease is hitting them hard some are saying it is leprosy actually so I would be interested in seeing if this is the case there. www.examiner.com...
edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: Epic failure of quoting

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I agree man, truly there is no concrete evidence as of yet, all things thus far are conjecture and theory. I have heard here on ATS many different causes and none of them have been branded as the root cause. I tend to agree about the corexit poisioning of the eco-system, but, admittedly there is no solid evidece towards that either.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I have asked this question as well:
So how long till groups of humans start dropping dead?
The basic cause of death in most of these reports are weather related, I wonder if the bp oil spill plus the Iceland volcano is having a effect of the extreme weather...

Geomagnetic pole reversal or a type of ice age? or both!! Either way we could be in serious trouble.

edit on 17-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmmm,
lets see if I have this right now,.
birds, fish , crabs, cows, buffalo, and now seals,.
And, it is all normal, it was just never worth reporting before?,...
I really wonder just what it will take to shake everyone awake here..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

I think you are on to something here...

Stenson said the DFO received five reports of seals giving birth on the coast of Labrador in December, although the nomadic sea mammals normally give birth in late February or early March.

He said the early births are happening on land rather than ice floes and it's unlikely the newborn pups will survive.

A mammal giving pre-mature birth 3+ months early should certainly indicate that this is caused by variable(s) other than a growing population...

Too bad that they didn't "incubate" (simulating ice environment) the pups when this was first reported back in December.

edit on 17-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Seems there are too many creatures dying off in mass numbers all over the world in a short period of time. Wish someone would summerize just how many species have been affected so far, from where, and what the causes may be. How could so many species from so many places in such a short time be dying off like this? Doesn't sound normal at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Go to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
this person has been givin updates and running tally of the deaths animals AND humans.
Give this person some credit, doing a good job.
Please add new data to that thread, too. Le's keep that thread live.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi all,

I just found this thread about half an hour ago and went through all external threads posted as well. From all the information i can see coming in to ATS, i believe that something HUGE is upon us, yet we know almost nothing of it.

My point is this, this all very intriguing, eye opening, to a disastrous degree and I have to point out the time lapses of this crisis with the crises of our poles shifting as well and our sun messing with our magnetic fields. This all reminds me of an ancient (i'm talking 1000s of years old) prophecy. My grandfather was a very pious man (I know you probably wont care about that, but anyway...) and he told me stories of prophecies made by "great people" from the "the old empire". When i first started reading about these die offs in the local media, it got me thinking of this particular prophecy:

(not exact quote but somewhat): "when the world will become one and people will be able to talk to each other as if they were in the same room yet being on different ends of the world, change will appear. Great light will shine over Europe and people will know something is wrong. In this time, great cities will exist with spider webs circling the whole of the cities and people will walk in unison from and to their destinations. In this time, one third exactly, of all the planet's animals will perish, leaving humans to their own devices. This change is the start of many, and is the marker for the start of great change."

To tell you the truth, I seriously thought it was just a bed time story, one with no ending, yes, but still a bed time story. But now that i am older, now that i hear of earthquakes and volcanoes and mass die-offs like crazy, I find myself believing it...

P.S I really don't know what MADE me post this here, but i guess i just wanted to say good luck to us all and watch your backs...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join