It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good quote about animal cruelty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

lol, weak..

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

It takes a certain type of personality to work a slaughter house. Now I feel bad from what I just read but am guilty of eating the meat products. Sounds bad I couldnt deal with it everyday just the aggressiveness it takes to get them prepared.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think I'm going to be depressed for a while after reading the quotes in the OP. I can't bring myself to watch the video.

I can't even watch those commercials about abused and neglected animals on tv.

If there ever was a reason for me to go vegetarian, this is it.

Meanwhile, is there anything being done about these psychos at the slaughterhouses. Just that word alone makes me cringe.

I think I'm going to curl up with my cat for a while and twitch...

edit on 1/17/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: sad

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just watched the vid........ humanity has built so much Karma against. Imagine if that were humans being slaughtered for????? You can clearly see the animals know death awaits them they see their same kind dead in front of them and fear. This video I needed to see no matter how harsh. I really dont think we were designed for flesh eating originally. If we were we would have sharp teeth and claws to cut main arteries of our victims and kill them fast. That bull is just terrible and again many worry about this planet being a farm planet for humans.. Look at human behavior. How come there is no fast way to kill these creatures. As another member posted in another thread it would be nice if genetics went this way and we just grew parts of aniimals minus their sensory cells and brain cells. Damn I feel bad I always questioned if eating these creatures was wrong and this verified it. For what ever reason we needed to gain more energy to WORK OR MINE I can see as the need to consume flesh for you get more energy out of your workers but wow....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by macman

Are you a bible freak or some kind of a hillbilly/redneck?

Cavemen did what we cannot. They killed the animal in a way that made it sacred to them, they praised what earth gave them not like us where we take everything as normal.

And if they would find a way to kill the animal humanely i would not have anything against it. And i am more against the brutality. If it were just stun and butcher then there would be no problem.

So ....

So eloquent of you to stereotype my. Nice.
Who do you know that the animals were scared? I guess your interview of Ogh the caveman will shed some light.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ow come on, nobody has anything to say? ...

My Wife has recently become vegan after being a vegetarian for years and has noticed her energy levels, mental capacity and general health has improved. She became vegetarian after her mother took her and her siblings to an abattoir.
I am very near to becoming vegetarian and have noticed that after I eat meat I get quite an upset stomach with very loose stools. It's a nasty mental addiction I have to it and it isn't necessary to my lifestyle.
We grow a lot of our food and source other items from organic shops.

It says a lot about Humanity when you observe how we treat our animals, both domestic and farmed. sometimes it is difficult to have any hope at all, especially when one becomes vilified by the meat-eaters and tarred as some sort of lefty hippie tree hugger (as if that is meant to be derogatory!). But they're loud, obnoxious, smelly and violent so they try to intimidate through sheer force of numbers etc.

At the end of the day, it is about choice. It's a shame the other animals (besides us) don't have any. looking at the way we treat each other, it isn't surprising, unfortunately.
edit on 17-1-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
reply to post by AlexIR

I'd like to know where you get your number of 50% of workers have mental problems?

I would say 100% of workers have mental problems. I'm not just talking about meatworkers.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thats called In Vitro meat and its cultivated from DNA ... so you can grow a full cow with no brain to feel pain or fear or the terror before slaughter.

As for you macman, you deserve nothing more than a life in your total ignorance and stupidity and i hope you are happy with that way of life while the world around you crumbles to bits and we humans become more and more like beasts or savages that do not think and may i remind you that thinking is what makes us different from those animals. When we lose that ability what will stop a more advanced race to do the same things to us.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thats called In Vitro meat and its cultivated from DNA ... so you can grow a full cow with no brain to feel pain or fear or the terror before slaughter.

As for you macman, you deserve nothing more than a life in your total ignorance and stupidity and i hope you are happy with that way of life while the world around you crumbles to bits and we humans become more and more like beasts or savages that do not think and may i remind you that thinking is what makes us different from those animals. When we lose that ability what will stop a more advanced race to do the same things to us.

Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah.
Boo hoo, you called me ignorant and said I live in stupidity.
Funny how the last ditch effort is just to call names.
Poo poo head.
If a more advanced race comes along and the roles are reversed in a way, then I will deal with it then.
What ifs are for children.

As for Grow parts of an animal. Wow, now instead of saying whats wrong and whats right, playing God is the main goal.
edit on 17-1-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

So eating meat is causing folks to become beasts and savages who don't think along with being evil?? Have you lost your mind? You are the one throwing names around not any meat eaters. Eat your veggies all you want nobody is telling you to stop. Go hug a grizzly and feel good about God's creations. One of those creations are cows which taste good to me and I'm not evil nor a beast or savage. Maybe all those pea pods are causing your brain stimulation to lag?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Thats not calling names, its presenting the truth and if you feel ofended by that, sorry, but note this this site tells you to deny ignorance and not embrace it like you do.

Unless you are a trol ... and in that case bone apetite feeding on this topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Thats not calling names, its presenting the truth and if you feel ofended by that, sorry, but note this this site tells you to deny ignorance and not embrace it like you do.

Unless you are a trol ... and in that case bone apetite feeding on this topic.

Ok, so i will bite at the bait.
How is it ignorant to say I really don't care about how an animal is killed, in relation to the OPs video?
Ignorant as deemed by you? Ha. Ok, I will take that title then.
Maybe i think you are ignorant in your belief? Big deal, right?
Once people realize that being excepted by all is just not obtainable, or worthwhile, then you will realize that you can take care of yourself and your family. All the others really don't matter.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

You ...........................

Quote me anywhere i said "DO NOT EAT MEAT !!! TURN VEGETARIAN!" ... and if you can quote me i will kiss your ass ..... For all i care you can eat all the meat you freaking want i don't give a damn ..... i started this topic not to direct it at meat eaters ... i started this topic to present you how animals are treated before they get onto your dinner plate. It was meant to raise awareness and maybe someone took some atitude and maybe saved some animals from useless torture.

So stop being a complete i***t and think.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Easy easy now just a friendly debate. So let me ask again are you saying that all ranchers not just the one's in the video are to blame for irresponsible animal cruelty in the industry?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

If they slaughter the animal fast so to make its pain short lived then its ok even if the animal is not stunned. But just look at the video and look again at the warning. Thats what i call unnecesary animal abuse and violence.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I agree with you on that point and places like that should be shut down. But I assure you it is not a normal in the industry for that to take place. In fact if that is found in a slaughterhouse and or a ranch that person should lose their license, and I truly believe that snap inspections would help with that. There is a point in slaughtering an animal for food and then there is a point in taking pleasure in committing that animal to pain. Take Temple Grandin for instance she developed her system just on what she observed as cruelty in the industry. So there are people in the Industry that really do care how our meat is handled and how these animals are treated. I am one of them in fact and I see your point.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: Quick typing skillz strike again.

edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You ...........................

Quote me anywhere i said "DO NOT EAT MEAT !!! TURN VEGETARIAN!" ... and if you can quote me i will kiss your ass ..... For all i care you can eat all the meat you freaking want i don't give a damn ..... i started this topic not to direct it at meat eaters ... i started this topic to present you how animals are treated before they get onto your dinner plate. It was meant to raise awareness and maybe someone took some atitude and maybe saved some animals from useless torture.

So stop being a complete i***t and think.

I never claimed you said anything of the sort.

You claim folks who eat meat are savages and beasts and ignorant and you come back howling like a lunatic?? Me thinks its the other way around using you as an example. How much meat do they eat in sub saharan africa? Lot of savages with machete's raping and killing folks down there then the lowly meat eaters up here in the old USofA.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Golithion

If they slaughter the animal fast so to make its pain short lived then its ok even if the animal is not stunned. But just look at the video and look again at the warning. Thats what i call unnecesary animal abuse and violence.

Your whole premise is based on propoganda videos. Why not search for some where the cows are slaughtered nicely? Maybe some folks on the kill floor pet em first.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You sir/madam/kid need to read everything again and wait like 48 hours until you thought it all through and then post a response. I have nothing more to say. If you still don't get the whole idea i am trying to put out then please wait 72 hours to think it all through. (i am not calling you names or stupid or anything for that matter i just want you to get the whole picture instead of getting a rough draft)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Oh I got the picture all right. You and your wife eat veggies and think anybody who eats meat after watching your video is some neanderthol animal hating loon. Yep that is the picture you've painted along with calling folks evil, savages, beasts and ignorant for eating animals. I get the picture.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join