It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good quote about animal cruelty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I was doing a research about animal rights and ways animals are slaughtered, humane or inhumane when i came across the following quote:

Warning: Explicit Language

Hogs get stressed out pretty easy. If you prod them too much, they have heart attacks. If you get a hog in the chute that's had the # prodded out of him and has a heart attack or refuses to move, you take a meat hook and hook it into his bunghole. You try to do this by clipping the hipbone. Then you drag him backwards. You're dragging these hogs alive, and a lot of times the meat hook rips out of the bunghole. I've seen hams — thighs — completely ripped open. I've also seen intestines come out. If the hog collapses near the front of the chute, you shove the meat hook into his cheek and drag him forward.

The quote is preceded by the following:

Slaughterhouse workers in the U.S. who say that, because of the speed with which they are required to work, animals are routinely skinned while apparently alive, and still blinking, kicking, and shrieking. Eisnitz argues that this is not only cruel to the animals, but also dangerous for the human workers, as cows weighing several thousands of pounds thrashing around in pain are likely to kick out and debilitate anyone working near them.

Slaughterhouse workers representing over two million hours of experience, who, without exception, said that they have beaten, strangled, boiled, and dismembered animals alive, or have failed to report those who do. The workers described the effects the violence has had on their personal lives, with several admitting to being physically abusive or taking to alcohol and other drugs.

Wikipedia

Here is a video for you just to make you give more thought before you eat your steak or your burger:
WARNING: The following video contains extreme violence towards animals if you can't take it do not watch it.
www.liveleak.com...

This is absolutely shocking and if you think about how many slaughterhouse workers are there you can say that at least 50% of them have psichiatric problems making them potential criminals not to mention the way they treat animals and torture them.

(This made me think about turning vegan and i think i will ...)
edit on 17-1-2011 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ow come on, nobody has anything to say? ...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No one wants to know where their beef comes from that's why. I know how it is done and done responsibly it should be relatively painless to the cow and quick while still giving tasty beef for the grill. I have family that are butchers as well as raisers of cattle. And minus extreme circumstance like a bull impaling said person, was anything other then an air hammer or other means used. That is all I have to say, but thank you for letting me know why I should never eat hamburger again.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
couldn't continue after the middle of the first quote. of course these people are sick.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
AlexIR I don't know about the slaughterhouse workers having psych problems, but I do know that most of those workers or many of them, are recent immigrants like illegal migrants, who come from near third world conditions and cultures. --Non-- Western-first world people have a very old primitive view toward animals and birds, that they are just things that a human can do whatever they want to. There is this TV show, where this guy travels all around the world to obscure villages, to taste their 'delicacies'. I watched only about one and a half or two, of a few seconds of those shows to know all I needed to. Another thing: Many people such as me, are extremely sensitive to the plights of animals. they are like little children to us. I used to look at a video someone would post here on ATS, of a cruel situation, but I got so traumatized by it, and to this day, cannot forget, that I decided I cannot do that to my psychie anymore. But DECENT CIVILIZED people KNOW what you want them to, and we give money to either the HUSUS Humane society of the United States or the ASPCA American Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
edit on 17-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I'd like to know where you get your number of 50% of workers have mental problems?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
People should know where their beef comes from and they should know that those animals are basicly tortured.

Imagine if anyone took you like in the video or as described in the quote 'stun' you beat you and then kill you by torture. Just imagine that.
If you don't care about this you are no different from those sick psychos and your place should be in a prison. (general statemant)

gougitousakusha - watch the video if you dare ...

simone50m - don't even touch the video link

HoldTheBeans - educated guess (lets say 50% are psychos and the other 50% just don't have anything to do to get some money)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

LOL. I'll take my steak medium rare in my prison cell when you lobby congress to jail all meat eaters. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I am not saying for you to become a vegetarian.

And that post wasn't directed towards you, as i mentioned its a general statemant.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Took the words out of my mouth, these places that beat these animals number one are doing something illegal, and two wouldn't pass a snap inspection (Which needs to be increased actually). I agree that we have a lack of inspection of these facilities properly, but you can not say that all ranchers and or butchers are the same way as these people sorry.

Keep personal insults to a minimum and you will increase your argument just a PS.
edit on 17-1-2011 by Golithion because: Zing addition

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

What personal insults??

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
U mad?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sorry that one comment wasn't directed at you at all just a miscommunication.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I want to see you go and eat a buffalo alive ...

And i want to ask you do you feel good turning this topic into an attack directed towards me? Do you feel good when you act like a spoiled kid?

Its sad that there are so many kids here just bashing everything because they are just going through a crisis.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is what you are worried about? Hogs having heart attacks. Animals getting slaughtered that are still alive?

I really don't care. They are food.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That way of thinking is exactly the one that sparks evil in humans.

Its kind of sad and obvious that we are slowly losing it and we are becoming less human from generation to generation.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

That kind of thinking sparks evil? What? He's talking about eating food. How is that evil? Survival of the fittest my friend. Are lions evil for eating a wildabeast? Are cats evil for disabling a mouse and toying around with it? Are tigers or sharks evil for preying on man?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by macman

That way of thinking is exactly the one that sparks evil in humans.

Its kind of sad and obvious that we are slowly losing it and we are becoming less human from generation to generation.

Where is it written that I have to treat animals in the same manner I treat humans?
I have yet to see where the lion humanly kills the animal that it is to feast on.
Is it a shame, sure I guess. The end result is to kill the animal for food.
I am sure that if there was another method of killing the animals arises, you would find something wrong with that.
As for becoming less and less human, I am sure that the cavemen killed their prey humanly.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Are you a bible freak or some kind of a hillbilly/redneck?

Cavemen did what we cannot. They killed the animal in a way that made it sacred to them, they praised what earth gave them not like us where we take everything as normal.

And if they would find a way to kill the animal humanely i would not have anything against it. And i am more against the brutality. If it were just stun and butcher then there would be no problem.

So ....

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Humanely killing. I bet that would make the cows feel better.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join