It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good quote about animal cruelty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

i see your point about the cruelty but that doesnt happen everywhere. now take in consideration the millions of people that live in rural areas of the world, they kill their own animals, is that cruelty too? i mean those people cant get their meat any other way, there might be a few exception but still you get my point.

that thing you said about the grown meat its awesome, a read about it a few years ago here on ats but that was it. i hope it wasnt shut down by the big meat companies, since it would render them obsolete

cheers

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosnanomex

I pretty much think thats what happened.

As for the rest: read the first post again, i didn't say anywhere that meat was not good and i didn't say that we should all become vegetarians. I started this thread to raise awareness about animal cruelty but if you are limited to a narrow mind and are not able to think about this please do not post nonsense like "A MEAT TASTES GOOD" or "Go eat your veggies you tree huger".

As for the guy that said that humans started eating meat after women got their menstruation ... you are wrong. Every mamal has menstruation and we got our big brains with the aid of red meat.
edit on 18-1-2011 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by aorAki

This guy and macman are just a couple of trols they just get a thrill from making people angry and it wouldn't surprise me if they have a handy(fap) right after a negative post directed towards them.
And just like the other guy that posted a video with the stupid comment "U mad yet?".

To bad the mods aren't doing their job properly and ban them so as to keep other valuable members from leaving.

Nope. Why am I a troll if I disagree with you. Being a troll means I would bounce back and forth to watch and instigate the fighting.

I have yet to call names, and really don't tell people that they are dumb or stupid for believing what they believe. I am just stating my points.

As fro the mods banning me? I did not realize this was your own personal forum, designed upon your rules, merely here to accommodate your ideas.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Actually homosapiens staring eating meat once we got our big brains and women started menstruating. Really men started hunting for women because when we menstruate and give birth we lose a lot of blood, hence losing a lot of iron. We need the meat to replenish our iron levels and there is no better source than red meat.
Think about it.

Women average 35 millimeters per cycle, and average 500 cycles lifetime, so that comes out to 17.5 liters of blood lifetime!

Ordinarily, the woman loses about 1 pint of blood after delivery.

I do not support the inhumane treatment of these animals and I know there is a better way. We don't have to eat as much as we do but meat is essential to our diet particularly womens, we need it so give birth and survive.

edit on 17-1-2011 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by SlyFox_79 because: Added fun facts

When did women not menstruate?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

You were trolling. You were not just stating your opinions. You were looking to pick a fight.
Besides that, you were not posting anything related to the purpose of this topic. You invented some ideas and you stuck to them.

Check my first post and the post before this one.

And stop trolling.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaosnanomexi see your point about the cruelty but that doesnt happen everywhere. now take in consideration the millions of people that live in rural areas of the world, they kill their own animals, is that cruelty too? i mean those people cant get their meat any other way, there might be a few exception but still you get my point.

Here are some good videos to counter the “evil meat eater” stereotype. This is how I get our meat – I raise it. When ready I call the mobile butcher to the farm and he does his thing.

Mobile units vary in size, but this one is 24 feet long (way bigger than the guy who comes to our farm, It is pulled by a small semi- tractor. This is the processing room. Through those doors is the cooler, where the carcasses will be hung. The mobile unit arrives at the farm with everything it needs to slaughter, split, and clean a carcass, including all its wash water.

Two butchers are operating the unit today: the Managing Butcher and an assistant. An MSU can be operated by just one butcher, but two can do nearly twice as many animals in one day. The farmer is having pigs and sheep slaughtered today, and another co-op member has brought two cattle. The inspector, from USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, is here for the full 8 hour day, to inspect every animal before and after slaughter.

Interview with the USDA inspector: "I'm Jim Donaldson, and I'm a GS-9 with the USDA. I come along with the mobile unit & do all the inspection. One of the major things for this plant is that the farmers, instead of taking their animals off island or to the closest plant, which is probably a couple hundred miles, we can come to them. So there's less stress on the animals...it cuts the stress."

If you are not selling your beef the inspector does not come out with the unit because it’s for your use only.

This video shows the process from stunning and initial bleed-out to moving the carcasses into the unit.

Cattle can be stunned in a trailer, as is done on this farm. Or they can be in a chute. Later, the sheep and pigs will be stunned in this chute. Each containment space is appropriate for the species.

Our butcher uses a rifle and his assistant is a damn good shot, shooting the animal from a few feet away reduces the stress even more.

After stunning, the animals are removed from the trailer or chute for bleed-out, which takes about 5 minutes. Bleed-out can occur on the grass, on clean, dry dirt, or on a concrete pad. The animals have been insensible since stunning and any subsequent movements are only nerve reflexes.

The animal – in my case is always beef because I don’t raise hogs or eat my goats is way dead by the time any processing begins. Usually we will go to the porch for some coffee or something for 15 min or more while the bleeding process takes place.

Once bleed-out is complete, the animal is moved into the trailer with a winch and washed thoroughly with water.

The butchers will clean and prepare the two cattle carcasses, one at a time.

The next step is cleaning and preparing the carcass.

This video shows them processing the carcass, and such. All fairly quick and efficient the butcher in our area usually will only come out for more than one steer at a time so I will arrange with a neighbor to coordinate a day for them to come. They can process the two steer in about 4 hours (this video is an all day affair for multiple animals of all types.

The butcher will let you keep the hide if you want for a little extra charge since he will have to cut more carefully to keep it intact. Our first steer we raised is a rug in my office in the farmhouse.

I kill and process all my own fowl on the farm and use a killing cone for killing and bleeding – about as humane as it gets. I just behead the ducks and geese and hang them. I rent an auto plucker for the day to speed things along.

We have not purchased meat from a store for 2 years – I trade a side of the beef I raise to a neighbor for a whole hog processed. Works out fine!

All meat is wrapped right there and put right in large walk-in freezer we have on the farm. If you were concerned with people of a like mind you could arrange to buy a steer from a local farm and have it processed this way and divide the spoils for your own freezers. Also, it would impact the factory processing facilities business a win-win for animal rights - weeee!

All my animals are hormone free and raised on grass, organically and free range – some grain in the winter but nothing to speed growth. They tend to be smaller but lead more natural lives..

Everyone should know where their food comes from I agree but not everyone supports or uses the factory meat system. There is a horrible facility in our area that rases hogs in a very (IMO) cruel way; I make it a point to not do business with them in any way.

edit on 18/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by macman

You were trolling. You were not just stating your opinions. You were looking to pick a fight.
Besides that, you were not posting anything related to the purpose of this topic. You invented some ideas and you stuck to them.

Check my first post and the post before this one.

And stop trolling.

Sure thing master.
Since when is it trolling by injecting your opinion on a topic?
Is this a closed discussion to like minds, or can you not survive different opinions or views.
If i wanted to pick a fight, I would go punch someone. I don't need to pick a fight on the internet.
Keyboard tough guys seem to be abundant.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You didn't inject an opinion into the topic. You injected a whole idea in the topic that some people took it as if i said it.

And you are trolling because you come here every time with a stupid comment suporting your injected idea and making other people post things that have absolutely nothing to do with the point of the topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Ok, so re-read my first comment. Or, better yet let me be more clear.
Do I think this is a major issue? No.
Do I, at the end of the day really care about this? No.
Do I think that animals hold the same status as humans? No
Is there bigger issues to deal with at the end of the day? Yes.
At the end of it all, the animal dies. There really is no 'more human way' to kill an animal.
Do I think it is wrong, sure I guess. But, the animal dies at the end.
Whit that said, what is your opinion of the way kosher food is prepared? Is that in-human?
Have you or anyone attacked that method?

edit on 18-1-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ok there are bigger issues right now in the world butthese little things are the ones that paint the whole picture. If we treat animals with respect and consider them a bit inferior to us instead of regarding them as some simple carcases, then we will treat each other better and the world will start being a more harmonious place.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Being nice to animals is all good and cuddly but.....Can we get human rights down first before we move to Animal rights?

Suddenry: kim jong un

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

What proof is there that by being nice to animals/food, anyone will be given a pathway to being nicer to humans?
That is under the thinking that the cow is in the same status as humans.
That, to me is flawed thinking.
edit on 18-1-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is not only a moral issue.

A stressed animal will produce lower quality meat. Also, when you consume a highly stressed animal, you consume the same hormones the animal was producing. Ergo, a highly stressed animal will provide you with extra stress related hormones.

Animals should be treated to a healthy environment to provide healthy meat.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Ok, I will agree with that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
I do not support the inhumane treatment of these animals and I know there is a better way. We don't have to eat as much as we do but meat is essential to our diet particularly womens, we need it so give birth and survive.

This is nonsense.

What nutritional part of meat is ''essential'' for birth and survival ?

India has the highest rate of vegetarianism in the world, and due to the predominance of Hinduism in the country for numerous centuries, has presumably had large numbers of vegetarians for a long time.

India's infant mortality and life expectancy rates aren't considerably worse than other countries with comparable poverty ( bearing in mind that India is renowned for the huge gaps between the rich and the poor ).

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
Being nice to animals is all good and cuddly but.....Can we get human rights down first before we move to Animal rights?

There is no reason why we can't deal with both concurrently.

If anything, a society preaching about ''human rights'' while allowing the torture and killing of animals for frivolous reasons, doesn't really have a leg to stand on when demanding that all humans obey a culturally biased code of ''human rights''.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

There is no reason why we can't deal with both concurrently.

equality to animals i like it, similar laws for man and mouse.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
equality to animals i like it, similar laws for man and mouse.

Not laws, but respect and treatment.

Don't worry, the facetious intent of your post wasn't lost on me.

Discrimination against animals is racism in the truest sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

facetiousness no, i was gonna go back and edit law to rights but i know that will draw a load i don't care to hear about from meat eaters.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Female homo sapiens started menstruating 150,000 years ago. We developed this along with our big brains we have today minus the frontal lobe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join