It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

Yes my friend I saw your link but I also wanted to provide a more scientific aspect to it.

You have to look at all angles!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by joscarfas

Look at the date of that.

12/24/10 10:41 AM

The latest is 0.24 Au with a possible minimum or 0.15 Au, in other words it is still changing.

The science is NOT settled you could say!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Someone posted this fake but there are extreme coincidences:

3/3/2010 5:19 PM

It's called Vitani- Saromme.
It was discovered on December 9 2009.

It will crash into Earth on January 19 2011 , according to the latest calculations.

Now, here are the things you will see happening in the next weeks:

- A global announcement will be released on March 20 ,- The comet will crash near the Wichita Falls zone

ITS FAKE, but wow what a coincidence

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
after running the simulation at certain point it seems caught between earth's and mercury if im not wrong..

someone post the link to the simulation please..

is it possible that its orbit get influenced by earth ? just asking

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Don`t no if it`s just a coincidence, but has anyone else had or heard of the 11:11 phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

JPL small-body database browser

Click on Orbit Diagram.

Edit: BTW you can also get the same thing but with STEREO A and B orbits as well from the US Navy.

edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

What do you think about the comet approaching very close to earth August 15th, 2011 my friend? Comet Honda I believe it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stargate2012

Wikipedia

The orbital work of Kazuo Kino#a discovered that it will pass with significantly close proximity of only 0.0601 AU (8,990,000 km; 5,590,000 mi) from the Earth on August 15, 2011.[4][5] It will also pass close to Earth on February 11, 2017.[5]

What do I think?

Ouch! Very close!

Do you get the impression that the Universe might be out to get us?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
www.davidicke.com...

a lot of information and a link to an interview

the discoverer is actually called Yelenin

Okay so we have ELIjah Wood, Tea LEOni and LEOnid YELEnin and his girlfriend ELENINA????
Girlfriend of Leo in Deep Impact 's actress is called
LeeLee Sobieski
edit on 18-1-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yep, and there is a thead about it on ATS.

It might not be the comet itself that hits but the fragments within the comet's tail, such as bolides of that nature. Kind of like Tunguska of 1908.

Deadly comet tail
There are more than 100 theories behind the Tunguska event, including some as incredible as a UFO crash. Yet the most reliable and widely accepted is perhaps the version of a comet or part of its tail to have collided with earth.
“I agree it was something from outer space, but it’s more likely to be a fragment of a comet, a snowball-like body of ice and gas that exploded when it hit the earth's atmosphere,” Vitaly Romeiko, the head of the Zvenigorod Astronomic Observatory, told RT in 2008.
According to Romeiko, who has led 23 expeditions to the site and was also interviewed by RIA Novosti upon completion of the Italian-American expedition, the blast was caused by part of the tail of Encke’s Comet. This comet completes an orbit of the sun and approaches the Earth once every three years and four months.

Crater phantom (Photo by D. Efanov from tunguska.ru)
The block of ice with impregnations of cosmic dust exploded as soon as it entered the Earth’s atmosphere, Romeiko said.

rt.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Before the invention of the telescope, comets seemed to appear out of nowhere in the sky and gradually vanish out of sight. They were usually considered bad omens of deaths of kings or noble men, or coming catastrophes, or even interpreted as attacks by heavenly beings against terrestrial inhabitants.[48] From ancient sources, such as Chinese oracle bones, it is known that their appearances have been noticed by humans for millennia. Some authorities interpret references to "falling stars" in Gilgamesh, the Book of Revelation, and the Book of Enoch as references to comets, or possibly bolides.

en.wikipedia.org...

And this would directly correlate with my theory then that this could potentially be Revelation 12 here in October 2011. Satan and his fallen angels cast out to earth. The 1260 day Great Tribulation begins. hmm Seeming more and more like that right now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pressure
could this be the comet nostradamus was refering to, when it passes, it will bring hunger thirst and famine?

Mabus will soon die, then will come,
A horrible undoing of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands [powers], thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

2 Q62

MABUS is SUDAM in the mirror, who waskilled by bush....

Interesting connection to that line of thought here. I can't vouch for the veracity of the report, and have no idea of the rep of the source. I'll leave it to others to dissect that.

Wouldn't MABUS be SUBAM instead of SUDAM?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by xalaran

I hope you are right about chunks not getting through.

I had not considered a meteor shower for years to come aspect. I wonder if that could happen?

edit on 17/1/2011 by PuterMan because: I had to edit because I have got so used to seeing green at the end of my posts that I missed it!

As far as I know, ALL of the regular meteor showers are caused by the Earth passing through the debris field left by passing comets. Just because we pass through that field once doesn't mean that all the debris gets swept up by Earth, so there's always more for years, sometimes centuries, to come.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Even if the comet comes within 0.15 AU of Earth, that's still 14.7 million miles away - VERY far away. The real questions are:

* How far away will the Earth come to the TAIL of this comet?
* How large is are the chunks in the tail?

Earth passed through the tail of Haley's comet - and nothing significant happened.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I looked at the last two post on that thread and says 1/16/11

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

A comets tail is made up (as well as gas released due to the compressive effects of solar radiation) of particles no usually bigger than grains of sand or at the most very small pebbles.

All those meteors you see during a shower are that small.

A comets tail can extend out somthing like 150,000km to as large as 150,000,000km.

If the earth passed through, we might get a nice colourful firework show, that would be the extent of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The distances mentioned here aren't all that close TBH compared to some fly-bys, go here neo.jpl.nasa.gov... and look at some of the close approaches in the past, some of them

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Are you talking about NIBIRU? The 3600 year period of return would mean that it could possibly be NIBIRU. In terms of the probability of collision with the earth, the closest distance from the Sun to Elenin doesn't make a whole lot of difference. What matters is the encounter with the earth in what time frame. It could be a direct hit depending on the time of the flight. I hope the computer simulation can tell about the specifics of the Elenin's orbit.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joscarfas

Yes the last two posts do but they are merely agreeing with the one from December and not adding any further updates to it.

I think the best one to look at is the JPL site as you can guarantee they won't tell us if it is going to hit until it is too late!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Howdy Puterman....cool thread for sure.

I just posted a question over on the Solar Watch thread and I was wondering if you might know anything about this....thanks in advance:

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Since a lot of posters in this thread are familiar with SpaceWeather.com, has anyone else noticed that PHA list has been modified since that tiny, but close one came through the other day? I have been montioring this site for years now, and this is the first time I have seen the Potentially Hazardous Asteroid list altered like this, not showing anything else incoming. Anyone know why? For years they have always shown everything big near us, and now it is gone, and has been all day long.

Thanks in advance.

As of this moment, this is all it is showing:

Near Earth Asteroids

Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are space rocks larger than approximately 100m that can come closer to Earth than 0.05 AU. None of the known PHAs is on a collision course with our planet, although astronomers are finding new ones all the time.

On January 18, 2011 there were 1183 potentially hazardous asteroids.

Recent & Upcoming Earth-asteroid encounters: Asteroid Date(UT) Miss Distance Mag. Size
2011 AH5 Jan 13 3.3 LD 26 28 m
2011 AY22 Jan 14 4.1 LD 27.1 17 m

Notes: LD means "Lunar Distance." 1 LD = 384,401 km, the distance between Earth and the Moon. 1 LD also equals 0.00256 AU. MAG is the visual magnitude of the asteroid on the date of closest approach.

spaceweather.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by lasertaglover because: added link

edit on 18-1-2011 by lasertaglover because: spelling

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join