It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Really, wow! Mm on second thoughts take a look at this

That is not small bits. The textbook answer is probably wrong especially if it was written by an astronomer.

and there's lots more, closer and bigger!!!

Sez who? We don't know how big this is yet. It could be several miles wide. I am feeling belligerent tonight so go on prove your point!

edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As they say the devils in the details and we have plenty of time for updates. Maybe the angels of Revelations will start reaching some kind of critical point over the summer?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

A comet's tail could have bolides in it. If the tail breaks off of we pass through the stream head on with Earth, it could depend. A nice firework show or some real fireworks going off here on Earth due to it.

"The word bolide comes from the Greek βολίς (bolis) which can mean a missile or to flash. The IAU has no official definition of "bolide", and generally considers the term synonymous with "fireball"."

en.wikipedia.org...

The word bolide comes from Greek bolis meaning missile or to flash. Hmmm

Luke 10

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, Ps. 91.13 and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Now that is weird. That list was much bigger yesterday I am sure.

Go to the top of the site an view the web for a day ago. This is the list.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bc01cf71abd.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thank you very much...I knew I was not crazy lol! I can't even remember when I first started checking that site daily, but it has been a long time and.....I have never seen it do that before. All PHA's....poof.

Weird eh?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I'm not trying to make a point, I just thought you might have found those charts interesting

edit on 18/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Jude 1

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
7 Even as Sodom and Gomor'rah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8 ¶ Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

It says above the angels are cast out, leaving their estate, judgement of the great day.

HELLO!

Shemini Atzeret (Last Great Day) October 21, 2011

www.hope-of-israel.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by lasertaglover

Now that is weird. That list was much bigger yesterday I am sure.

Go to the top of the site an view the web for a day ago. This is the list.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bc01cf71abd.png[/atsimg]

I noticed this today also. I knew the list went up to may as there are two on my birthday

I have been checking the site nearly every day for a few years, and i cant recall them changing it like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I did indeed. Thanks for that.

Do you mean to say you don't want to come out to play? Aw!

Actually 0.03 LD is pretty close (about 11,520km) and well inside many satellite orbits, but I could not see that on on the list. I did have a quick look at the historic ones as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
When I read this, for some reason, I automatically thought of HAARP. If the powers of the world know that this comet might get a little too close for comfort then maybe that have built a weapon to deal with it, should that event occur. Maybe it will hit the moon, who knows. Does anyone know if this could potentially be viewable in the Northern Hemisphere?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Exactly, and thank you also for helping me to not feel bonkers here. I copy the data daily and just went through my spreadsheets and I realized that I have been tracking this stuff since mid-2004, and I have not ever seen a glitch like this....

Again, weird, eh?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Considering that if a comet is on the way there is currently no way to stop it, we won't hear about it till the last minute. A big hearted person in the know may leak it, but the general population couldn't handle that knowledge without global mass panic.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
When I read this, for some reason, I automatically thought of HAARP. If the powers of the world know that this comet might get a little too close for comfort then maybe that have built a weapon to deal with it, should that event occur. Maybe it will hit the moon, who knows. Does anyone know if this could potentially be viewable in the Northern Hemisphere?

Yes it will be visible in the Northern Hemisphere come night fall I believe I read some were. It will be visible in the southern hemisphere aswell.

Very interesting......Hmmm

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is a fascinating thread - great find OP! Not to take away from the seriousness, but here's some fun. A collection of the Deep Impact "coincidences" gathered from this thread (and a few bits of my own tossed in):

Comet name is Elenin - Named after discovering scientist Leonid Elenin (LEO ELE NIN)

Elenin is a 6 letter name, first 3 of two numbers = ELEven & NINe

NIN also means human in Japanese

Deep Impact (the movie) - about an E.L.E (extinction level event), an asteroid hitting earth

In the movie, president was 1/2 black 1/2 white (Morgan Freeman) - we have President Obama

In the movie, kid who discovered the comet named LEO Biederman, a Russian name. Leonid Elenin is Russian.

Both discoverers in reality and in Deep Impact are born in January

Both comets in reality and the movie are discovered on a 10th day of the month - May 10, 1999 and December 10, 2010. That's 11 years apart. Its 2011

The movie stared ELIjah Wood (has the word NINe tattooed on his body) and Tea LEOni (the 8299 Tealeoni asteroid is named after her, Deep Impact was her NINth film)

It also started Morgan Freeman and LeeLee Sobieski - their birthdays as a sum make 6/11 November 6th.

In reality, November meteor showers are called the Leonids - will fall on Nov 17 this year (2011)

Meaning of the name Leonid = Lion, Brave, Hardy. In addition, Leonid is a variant of the name Leonard (English) in the Russian language.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

nice research.
what if hey.....
Kinda seems too "in your face" to be real

edit on 18-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: da spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Edit: there was one yesterday Name: (2011 AN52) Closet approach: 2011-Jan-17 AU: 0.0021 LD: 0.8 Size: 5.3 m - 12 m That actually came closer than the moon!! and there's lots more, closer and bigger!!!

MLK day fell on the 17th again same as 2000, there must be a patent linked to AN52. Esoteric but it does help with the history.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the post. It is always good to be informed of such situations.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

I have been doing some digging into this and far from being whacky predictions from a whacky website "on the fringe" the owner of SOTT is a much respected Mathematical Physicist.

EDIT: THERE IS SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT THIS LINK. Right click and open in a new tab.

Take a look at this Google Search

Not only is the owner of SOTT eminently capable (take a look at his curriculum vitae in that list) but he would seem to have connections with Dr Tony Philips who is the author of SpaceWeather.com and works for NASA. He has worked for CERN and other well known institutions.

Now his wife may be a slightly different matter, but I have looked through many posts of hers and she says nothing that you could not find said here on ATS every day of the week. In fact she would make a very good ATS member.

There do seem to be some out there with a grudge against her but I cannot comment on the veracity of their accusations.
edit on 18/1/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Ancient Crash, Epic Wave

..........On close inspection, the chevron deposits contain deep ocean microfossils that are fused with a medley of metals typically formed by cosmic impacts. And all of them point in the same direction — toward the middle of the Indian Ocean where a newly discovered crater, 18 miles in diameter, lies 12,500 feet below the surface.

The explanation is obvious to some scientists. A large asteroid or comet, the kind that could kill a quarter of the world’s population, smashed into the Indian Ocean 4,800 years ago, producing a tsunami at least 600 feet high, about 13 times as big as the one that inundated Indonesia nearly two years ago. The wave carried the huge deposits of sediment to land. ........

to me, it is becoming ever the more possible that the earth sits in a "bowling alley" right down there next to the pins! That either the ocean or eroding land removes most large craters over time.
But I see that these Events come often. maybe not in my or your lifetime, but "sometime".

"once per 1000 years" means you are safe. But some people DO win the lottery, the Number 1000 could happen in your life time.

at least the show will be wonderful to see, just before the quake/wind-shockwave/tidal wave takes you out!

freestone

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

"For wheresoever the carcase (that which has fallen) is, there will the eagles (winged creature - military commander/ensign) be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:" Matthew 24:28-29

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join