It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great thread I find it very interesting something that I thought I knew a little about, I knew nothing about all the previous sightings before Roswell all over the world. I got some info to look through now for sure!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Dear spacevisitor

Yep not living to see the day is my fear as well.

Yes and all we need are these nitwit hoaxers.

The mind boggles at what they get out of it. However I have to say good work on behalf of the ATS management.

As far as Roswell is concerned for me no amount of de-bunking stands up too the original press release.

Not that this concludes that it was defiantly ET.

For me the one thing I know for sure is this, they where lying on the 8th of July 1947 with the balloon thing and they are still lying to this day.

As far as disclosure is concerned it ant coming from TPTB any time soon. Those that think it will obviously do not understand the big picture.

Disclosure will not come until it is forced one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Excellent research, it is stories like this that lends credence to this sight. Wonderful job, keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth01

i saw a stanton friedman speach in newcastle, australia 15yrs ago, found him to be a very interesting, smart man.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

As you say, some of the proof of Roswell is in the original press release- why, if you were trying to deflect the public from asking questions about the wreckage found in the desert (of the supposed so secret 'Mogul' balloon) would you issue a press release saying that you had in your possession, a flying disc- a release guaranteed to get the maximum interest and response from said public. It just does not make sense. Surely you would a) wait to see if there was any public interest in the wreckage and b) then de-bunk it as a weather balloon as they later did. Im sure no-one at the base initially thought "this is a flying disc- Im certain and am going to give a press release" and then the next day "Oh- now I look at it closely , I see its just a run of the mill balloon (weather or otherwise)- I better retract the statement and say so", thereby admitting a balloon crashed and potentially putting the spotlight on the 'oh so secret Mogul balloon.'

Its unlikely that anyone would have ever heard of Roswell if they hadnt made that press release, and the news that a balloon of any sort had crashed in the desert would be lucky to make it into the local newspaper for one issue. So why the press release?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Remember, the original cover story WORKED. The whole Roswell event was forgotten the next day after the cover story. It took DECADES for UFO researchers to renew interest in it, and bring it to public scrutiny.

The FACT of the coverup's success (regardless of what you believe it was) is an often overlooked part of the story. I mean, here is a great example of how effective it was. For years, all these witnesses kept silent about what they had seen, and the press cooperated fully with the cover story.

It's even more amazing, when you dig into it, and realize just how inept the coverup was initially, but since the public TRUSTED the military back then, it made their job easier.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes, I agree- it was to do with the age that Roswell happened in- a time where the government 'didnt lie' and you could believe everything you read in the papers and heard on the radio. I think for a lot of older Americans, it wasnt until Watergate that they were prepared to believe that their government- for which many of them had gone off and fought in foreign wars for- was capable of telling lies. I have seen footage of an ex-seviceman who told his father in the late '60s that his radar unit regularly tracked 'fastwalker' targets in the upper atmosphere at multiple mach's. This threw his father into a state of confusion as the witness said "Dad knew I wouldnt lie to him, but stoutly believed his government wouldnt deny this if it were true"- after Watergate, his father sat down with him and said "Tell me again about those UFO's!"

Roswell just couldnt happen today- today people often assume their government is lying because they have been caught out so many times. These days they would just lock the whole area down, round up any witnesses under the patriot act (or without any such 'act') and certainly wouldnt be doing any ill thought out press releases- they have had lots of practice of covering stuff up between 1947 and 2011.

But you are right- the cover up did work for many years. Just not anymore!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Thunda

Remember, the original cover story WORKED. The whole Roswell event was forgotten the next day after the cover story. It took DECADES for UFO researchers to renew interest in it, and bring it to public scrutiny.

The FACT of the coverup's success (regardless of what you believe it was) is an often overlooked part of the story. I mean, here is a great example of how effective it was. For years, all these witnesses kept silent about what they had seen, and the press cooperated fully with the cover story.

It's even more amazing, when you dig into it, and realize just how inept the coverup was initially, but since the public TRUSTED the military back then, it made their job easier.

It is characteristic of UFO Sightings/Encounters for humans to forget or fog over when it comes to the events. There is no proof that the Government is hiding anything -- in fact, there is no proof that Roswell happened as reported -- or didn't happen. Sighting/encounters are Acts of God.

One of the characteristics of "Acts of God" is that they are associated with an enormous amount of controversy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Great Work

A craft of unknown origin definitely crashed in Roswell imo, not from here. The PTB have been so desperate to cover this up even to this day. They changed the story not once but 3 times, what a lousy cover up. They really put their foot in their mouth.

they FAILED

s&f

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Not "great" at all. The events of Roswell are as fuzzy as ever. The OP didn't advance the state of Knowledge one bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

That's funny. it says more about your state of mind than anything else. Why would you believe Aliens if they said that our God doesn't exist anyways? Do you think they'll have proof of the unproveable?

How would they do that. You do realize that the God of the bible si unproveable and non-disproveable don't you?

Neither side can prove anything. It is logical fallacy to try and do otherwise.

Now, as to whether or not modern aliens are Demons or fallen angles etc... that's a whole different topic and it would depend on what you think of as demons angels, aliens etc...

You couldn't possibly deny that if aliens exist that they are possibly what was interpreted as demons or fallen angels in biblical times??? or since???

Jaden

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thread made for some good reading. Star for OP.

Makes me wonder if that the 'flying saucers' that Bob Lazar claims he saw/was told to help back engineer were just merely stolen/captured german prototypes.
Could possibly explain why the Roswell wreckage was so highly covered up because telling the American people that some other country had aircraft that could make it's way so far into U.S. territory would of been news that started a panic.

I have always thought that the Roswell wreckage was from a craft that was shot down and not from a craft that crashed on it's own. I highly doubt that a trained alien pilot onboard accidently hit a wrong button or swerved to miss hitting a bird, (or what ever must of hapened in theory), resulted in a crash on planet earth.

2c.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecondComing
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Not "great" at all. The events of Roswell are as fuzzy as ever. The OP didn't advance the state of Knowledge one bit.

Oh but it has! The thread is not about the actual Roswell ' event', rather events that lead up to it and I personally had never heard of most of the sightings reported.
So for me.....a great thread!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
there were lots of ufo sightings on that day before the actual crash remains were found....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thecsb

...and thank YOU good sir! All posts are appreciated and help fuel the fires of motivation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nice work brother. That took someone some research. I read a similar article at the address below. The only thing I disagree with is that they were here way before us. Forget about Roswell as the beginning. It was just the beginning of our comprehension regarding their existence. God was an extraterrestrial.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HRegressor
This is what you found in the newspaper microfiche archives in your area? Jees this is amazing!! Thanks.

Yes those were my thoughts too as I sat before the microfiche machine. Makes me wonder what else might be in there during some of the other major flap years. Like the time they buzzed the White House.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Thank you for that link. It will be helpful in preparing the new presentation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
... often suspected that this was never a crash, that it was shot down, but this lays it all out very, very well.

New details I am reading now seem to actually contain a new sighting I had not read before, that well could be from when it was first "shot down" (well actually blindsided and separated from the rear of the pack and then hurled earthward, then suffering a "crash" landing... but we wanted this thing intact as much as possible). Also additional sightings of it then continuing to fly wounded down towards Roswell, accompanied by a second craft, with more sightings of them along the way to Roswell. Any additional info we might get from the archives could really help narrow this down.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Dear Thunda

The story of flying disc’s where big news for a month or so before the 7th of July 1947 and one can only assume that Blanchard thought he was sticking a feather in his cap by releasing the first statement.

Boy they really must have told him which way was up that day.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join