It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can't help but think that in 1947, in a world without 24hr cable news, without the internet, without near-instantaneous world-wide communication; wouldn't this be the normal way a new news story would travel? It starts out in one area and slowly spreads outward with it taking much longer for it to get to places with cultural, social or technological impediments to info sharing (China in your example)? It would be interesting to hear from more areas and compare the time it took before the story ran there (and if it did).

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

My father, deceased, was stationed at White Sands during WWII. He claimed to have seen flying discs while there. He became an avid fan of Edgar Casey during his life and liked to collect photos of UFOs.

My mom, an avid "born again" (into fear) religious nut, disapproved of his interest and forbid him to discuss this with us and hid the books and pitcure from us, often throwing them into our fireplace, during their arguements. She was sure that UFOs were from Satan and she thought that communist were ovetaking the US government through rock and roll.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great post, S&F. Knew there was a lot more to Roswell, and often suspected that this was never a crash, that it was shot down, but this lays it all out very, very well.

Good work OP !

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

Nice work OP S&F.

Somewhere along the road I heard that there had been some nuclear testing going on in the desert in New Mexico before Roswell and it had been theorised that the nuclear detonations flagged us as an object to take a closer look at. It might be worth looking at or it may have already been debunked. It was also a theory that seriously lost credibility when a similar scenario was described in a star trek movie reenacting first contact with the vulcans.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

And if you need more dates of pre 1947 UFO sightings check this out......

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Excellent research and thread- S&F. Please keep up the good work. You have inspired me to look at our local paper's archives in Scotland. If I turn up anything interesting, I will post it.

I am just finishing reading Donald Keyhoe's follow up to 'Flying Saucers are real', the imaginatively titled 'Flying Saucers from outer space', which deals with the huge amount of sightings in the early fifties of mainly traditional disc shaped craft. Keyhoe had un-paralleled access to Air Force reports at a time when there was a real chance that TPTB were going to be forced to come clean on what they knew due to the shear number of sightings- including the famous White House sightings- but also an obviously organized observation by the craft of sensitive military sites, aircraft factories, missile silo's, power stations etc etc, forcing various high profile fudges and press conferences, a famous one being the General Samford's denial of anything to worry about. For anyone interested in the sightings of this time, I can recommend it as a good read. A quote from wiki:

"Keyhoe wrote several more books about UFOs. Flying Saucers From Outer Space (Holt, 1953) is perhaps the most impressive, being largely based on interviews and official reports vetted by the Air Force. The book included a blurb by Albert M. Chop, the Air Force's press secretary in the Pentagon, who characterized Keyhoe as a "responsible, accurate reporter" and further expressed guarded approval for Keyhoe's arguments in favor of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. Such endorsements only cemented the belief, held by some observers, that the Air Force's mixed messages about UFOs were due to a cover up.

Carl Jung argued that Keyhoe's first two books were "based on official material and studiously avoid the wild speculations, naivete or prejudice of other [UFO] publications.""

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow, great work!! In all the years I've been hearing about Roswell this is one angle I haven't heard connected before. I live in Australia (not sure if it'd be a point of interest for intergalactic travellers) but I will try to check out some news archives myself. I heard stories in primary school in one of those "tales of the weird" type books that there were some stories of UFOs in Australia around that era.
edit on 16-1-2011 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The spacecraft are the demon/fallen angels/watchers who use these bodies and craft to operate in this dimension.
see the book of Enoch, the Dulce book and the Ashtar Command,then you can believe. as you can see the time for the earth as we know is short and satan knows it.watch the signs and wonders of the Bible as they are coming to fruitition.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
My first encounter with a triangle space ship happened on the 18th of November 2007 but before I start, if there is any person in the world that can say they no something that’s man made and fly’s with a length of a football field and a half then please share with evidence and please disregard what im about to say.

US Air Force, Air Mobility Command.

Reinforced dirigible capable of 200-250mph, heavy lift aircraft to move a Army Battalion.

2004 DARPA started it, called it "walrus", Had to be able to carry 500 tons intercontinentally. Ain't alien.

Neither was Roswell. That was Nazi tech.
O K, that is plausible and feasible for the date of that sighting; However, I saw basically the same thing, only larger, estimate length at 1,000 ft.. yet I had my sighting in 1978 in west georgia.

Huge, black, silent, and went straight up out of sight in about .5 seconds.

seeker

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow! You really did your homework on this. It is interesting that a lot of this happened in Oregon. Were there any more clusters of activity that you have found, maybe closer to this day and age?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Could it be that we were being invaded in a way, well..., visited for contact the days leading up to Roswell?

Whether the craft crashed on purpose or by accident is a whole nother story.
edit on 16-1-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutYHWH1st

The spacecraft are the demon/fallen angels/watchers who use these bodies and craft to operate in this dimension.
see the book of Enoch, the Dulce book and the Ashtar Command,then you can believe. as you can see the time for the earth as we know is short and satan knows it.watch the signs and wonders of the Bible as they are coming to fruitition.

You religious idiots really need to stop calling these extraterrestrials "demons" and "fallen angels". I don't care about the bible and I never will. You just wasted your time typing that paragraph in an attempt to convince me of total nonsense. Why the hell would I believe that interstellar spacecraft are "fallen angels"? Just admit the fact that there are other civilizations in this universe besides humanity. The holy babble is not an excuse for denial of extraterrestrial contact.

First, provide evidence for the existence of demons/fallen angels/watchers ("Satan's workers", I presume), then you need to prove that these extraterrestrial spacecraft (obviously made of metal) are what you claim they are. I would like to see a demonstration of Satan molding thousands of flying saucers from molten metal in his flying saucer workshop.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

And 4. I honestly think in my opinion that flying saucers never existed..

They do, actually, as well as the triangular ones. We saw BOTH at the same time at the same place from QUITE a close distance (the saucer about 300 meters away from us, same alt as us; triangle, again somewhere around 2-400 meters away, again on the same altitude as us...) So we saw them very clearly although it was a New Moon night. But I won't go too far over speculating who the drivers of these are and what their goal is... And if anyone is interested, the whole detailed report of this sighting is on ATS, and can be found my authored threads section. It is a very VERY long read, but it's totally worth it, I just feel it necessary to share this knowledge with enough people, as since that day everything changed for me.

Anyway, ONTOPIC:
OP, the informative wave you've sent upon us is priceless, and I am sure you went through a good lot of research to dig these up. A star and a flag are a very laughable jesture compared to the consistance of your thread! Not many people are actually aware that there was much more to the days preceeding Roswell, including me and this shed a light over some dilemmas I'm still fighting with myself over.

Hats off, sir/miss.

My full admiration and thankfulness go toward you and your thread!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

My father, deceased, was stationed at White Sands during WWII. He claimed to have seen flying discs while there. He became an avid fan of Edgar Casey during his life and liked to collect photos of UFOs.

My mom, an avid "born again" (into fear) religious nut, disapproved of his interest and forbid him to discuss this with us and hid the books and pitcure from us, often throwing them into our fireplace, during their arguements. She was sure that UFOs were from Satan and she thought that communist were ovetaking the US government through rock and roll.

That's probably what my dad and his evangelical parents would do. "Demons! Those are not aliens! They're of the devil!" I bet some of the aliens are laughing their asses off at these brainwashed morons.

"They still think we're demons? It's been over 2,000 years and these christians haven't figured it out yet. If they think they'll be so surprised once they find out we're from another planet, wait until they find out that their god doesn't exist. That will be quite amusing."

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Better yet read The Bible ( Hebrew ) & Sumerian Text Well just about All what is mostly considered Mythology That is in the World... Yet People that considered that same Mythology Refuse to believe in UFO's but they will believe in a Pillar of Light that come's from a Moving Cloud that Parts the Red Sea that leads the Exodus (Hebrew Slaves) away from Bondage to a Crossing, thats just one ! part of the Bible ...

Here look at this

The Bible Ufo Connection
www.bibleufo.com...

edit on 16-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Guys, not that I'm someone, but aren't you drifting a bit away with the religious debate from the main subject of the thread?

Yes, I see that you're talking about the phenomenon, but I could post the most random youtube video of Chinese Lanterns ever and pretend to be ontopic because I'm discussing the phenomenon.

It's a very excellent thread, and I think you guys should move your debate elsewhere.

...But as I said, not that I'm someone...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Individual report of the sightings makes very little impact on people's belief system who are skeptical about this sort of things coming from the outer space. But when all those reports are complied in one file with clear chronology, it gives people a massive credible source of impact.

The OP should be given the excellent journalism award for this work.

Now who can dispute the evidences of those extra terrestrial objects flying in our air space?

The only thing bothers me is why the Oregon newspapers are reporting the majority of these events, which may not be a too significant problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

EXCELLENT original research, GREAT history. Thank you.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes, great thread and with lots of sources. I just wonder WHEN everyone here is going to stop reporting sightings.I mean its gets to the point of "oh another one", these sightings happen everyday worldwide, in other words "whats the big deal".????????????

The fact is Roswell happened, the government covered it up and has been doing so ever since. The current main stream media may, or may not, report it.

So, whats next fellow "BELIEVERS", its time to forget the sightings and start to realise that politicians, the media, and every government military department dont want to discuss it.

In my opinion we need a whistleblower of the "secret" and everything that goes with the cover up. If there is to be disclosure, whoever steps forward has to have 100% actual proof of the existance of ET' engageing this planet and its people, not some documents, but REAL evidence.

Possibly the Dr Jacobs film, or the informous Gordon Cooper film. Until this happens we will still keep reporting sightings to the amusement of debunkers, and journalists who are told not to go near the issue by their editors in chief.

See my signature below, nuff said.................

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625
reply to post by Truth01

Sure. Let's see what else it was written in, shall we?

-Bhagavad Gita
-Bahai Texts
-Buddhist Texts
-Divrei Torah
-Enuma Elish
-Ethiopian Texts
-Hindu Texts
-Islamic Texts
-Jain Texts
-Taoist Texts
-Sepher Yetzirah
-Shinto Texts
-Sikh Texts
-Zoroastrian Texts
-Vaimanika Shastra
-Mahabharata

And on and on... Extraterrestrials are described in almost every ancient text and they're NOT "demons". It's beyond laughable to see such a ridiculous statement from you, claiming that highly advanced technology is "demons in disguise!". LOL!

Aliens could be demonic forces that even have incredible technology we will use to cnotrol the world and bring about a world dictatorship.I have seen UFOs myself....Even if they are not they still could harm us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join