It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Before Roswell

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Interesting things.

My newspaper has a section where it lists stories from years ago. I remember there was one from the 1940's (i thiink) in which it stated dozens of people across the county had spotted a strange object.

So much is buried in archives and old newspapers. Very true!
edit on 20-1-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

2 pak, or 1 wank?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just wanted to say great job on the thread.

I will be enjoying my next few hours at work with something interesting to read now!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow, great reserch OP. This is a real eye opener. I am still of the mind that the disks are human in construction but it would be awesome if we we're not alone in the universe.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by A51Watcher

You know, in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" there is an evil computer that nurtures a race of primitive creatures into a spacefaring race by crashing a fake "spaceship" onto their planet, which provides them with seed technology they need to get their own space program up and running.

I always thought there was a deep insight there. Plus it was funny.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Made arrangements today to visit our local paper's archive (The Dundee Courier no less!) whose records go back to the 1800's. Not in microfishe form but actual old newspapers, so might be a bit of a job. If anything interesting turns up I will post it here. I live quite close to the 'Bonnybridge or Falkirk triangle' which is an area of countryside well known for sightings- hopefully some will have been recorded in the 'Courier'.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Fledgling media cover-up turned global technique. Brilliant.
Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Good work. Word gets around eventually. Especially with people keeping it in our awareness that this has been happening everywhere for some time.

Thanks,

ZG

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
There was never, and will never be a flying saucer ,its all a lie, the only ufo in the air space is the triangle.

Every witness that has ever claimed to see a saucer in the world of life WAS only LOOKING AT ONE of the THREE engines underneath that resemble a FLYING SAUCER because of the round shape it has.

Just to let you no, the engines are the only thing they can not cloak, they can turn the engines off ,one by one, they even turn all three engines on, they can turn the front engine on ,and leave the back 2 engines off, they can do all of that, but when they are turned on, they are turned on.

I don’t care how smart any alien race is, it is scientific impossible to shield-block-or hide the main source of energy that comes from something that fly’s.
They can not cloak there 3 engines, that...is there weakness.
The flying saucer was an embedded image ,from a mans story, that the media or government has embedded in your heads for over 60+ years.

The wasp race aliens are the triangle space ships UFO in the air, and the USO reptilian race OF ALIENS are in the water, but they only came out one time in history, and that was during world war 1+2.

Don’t let a simple shape trick your brains into another thought.

all the saucer stories was images of the BOTTOM engines of the triangle space ship.

Remember' before Arnold came out, and before the news turned a crescent shape object to a skipping disk.
There was no flying saucers before that, at least not heavy as it did after Arnolds story.

please up grade your brains to the new millennium of thinking don’t let a 60 year old lie distract you from the truth, this is why 95% of all ufo shows fail,and why 98% of all books and abdution storys are lies.

Despite on what they have programmed in you,I will try to teach you all and bring you up to date. thanks
edit on 16-1-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Ok.. I'm going to try and not insult your intelligence on this one BUT.. Just how do you know what alien space crafts are capable of in the first place? If you're going to post some fantastical knowledge of what these crafts can do please post a link, or some type of information about it and try to get away from letting your thoughts and creativity go wild.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Excellent

Glad you decided to come back.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If anything, I think the review of flying saucer mania happening just prior to (and for some time after) Roswell illustrates how easy it would have been for a bunch of goofy Army guys to get overly enthusiastic about some trash they find in a field and have it spin out of control in a typical Army-type snafu into some kind of "flying disc."

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've been finding all kinds of articles about UFOs spotted by townspeople in the 1800s. In fact, it's been happening every single year since the dawn of humanity. Some of these sightings were reported to be metallic discs, so there's no doubt in my mind that these are extraterrestrial in origin.

socyberty.com...

www.mdresort.com...

Do any of you notice the similarities between current UFOs and UFOs seen in the 1800s? They're the same exact spacecrafts and the first video shows photographic evidence from that century. The photos can be found in historical archives at libraries that store newspaper articles and they can also be found on the internet. I find it to be incredibly difficult to dismiss the ET/UFO phenomenon. A51Watcher, your thread is definitely getting more interesting as you've stated to me in your messages.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxinsurrey
reply to post by Thunda

Endland based here, and was wondering if our libraries micro_fiche copies of papers that old, anyone know please?

Many do, yes.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
Individual report of the sightings makes very little impact on people's belief system who are skeptical about this sort of things coming from the outer space.

Who cares? A skeptic won't believe unless one lands on his lawn and even then he will try to take of the mask

I gave up trying to convince the skeptics a long time ago

The only thing bothers me is why the Oregon newspapers are reporting the majority of these events, which may not be a too significant problem.

...could it be because it's his home town and that was the paper her looked at first?

Originally posted by happydayz
you can show this as many times as you want. it does not turn people into believers.

See above

edit on 22-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Old Newspapers are GREAT

16th-Century woodcut of spheres seen over Basel, Switzerland, August 7, 1566

Spheres, not Triangles
Carved in wood as they had no cameras back in those days

At dawn of April 4, in the sky of Nuremberg (Germany), a lot of men and women saw a very alarming spectacle where various objects were involved, including balls “approximately 3 in the length, from time to time, four in a square, much remained insulated, and between these balls, one saw a number of crosses with the color of blood. Then one saw two large pipes, in which small and large pipes, were 3 balls, also four or more. All these elements started to fight one against the other.” (Gazette of the town of Nuremberg).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Who knows better what really happened on that day,
than -the men who were actually involved in the event- ?

Well besides Major Jessie Marcel, who was pictured front page across the nation, we also have another member of that event from the previous day, who was the man responsible for the headline heard round the world:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/933e90fbf099.jpg[/atsimg]

Lt. Walter Haut, then the public information officer for the 509th Bomb Group in Roswell:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/095725c37f9b.jpg[/atsimg]

In WWII, Lt. Haut had been a navigator and then a bombardier as a crew member of the 509th,
but on that fateful day in 1947, after weeks of intense UFO sightings, he issued this stunning official AAF release to the nation's press:

"The many rumors regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday when the intelligence office of the 509th Bomb Group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Airfield was fortunate enough to gain possesion of a disc through the cooperation of one of the local ranchers and the sheriff's office of Chaves County. The flying object landed on a ranch near Roswell sometime last week. Not having phone facilities, the rancher stored the disc until such time as he was able to contact the sheriff's office, who in turn notified Maj. Jesse A. Marcel of the 509th Bomb Group Intelligence Office. Action was immediately taken and the disc was picked up at the rancher's home. It was inspected at the Roswell Army Air Field and subsequently loaned by Major Marcel to higher headquarters."

From that day on, until his death in 2005, Lt. Haut kept his oath and never revealed publicly what he knew about the monumentous events of that day in Roswell.
However in 2000, he privately gave an interview with 2 researchers he trusted, first stipulating that the interview was not to be released until after his death. Then in 2002, he prepared a notarized affidavit, which was sealed and not to be made public until after his death, and thus he kept a promise made to Col. Blanchard, to not disclose it while he was alive.

So in his own words, what did yet another -man who was actually involved in the event- have to say about that fateful day?

"In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.
I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by midmorning after my return to duty at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.
By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.
On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard's boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance. The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of wreckage were passed around the table. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.
One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.
At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters. I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.
By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world. Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home and "hide out."
Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.
Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.
I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.
I was informed that the wreckage was not "hot" (radioactive).
Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey's office and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.
I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup. I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.
I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.
I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space."

[Source: Tom Carey & Donald Schmitt, Witness to Roswell, 2007]

So there you have it. Another man, -who was actually involved in the event-, revealing the true Alien nature of the event.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e99f9921af1b.jpg[/atsimg]
_______________________________Walter G. Haut
________________________________ 1922 - 2005

edit on 23-1-2011 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Thank you for once again providing some great, totally believable and important information.
All of the men and women who have given their evidence re the Roswell event should be awarded America's highest medal for valour IMO. To do so must have been and still is Im sure, difficult knowing how they and their families would most likely be viewed by the general public. Well the unbelieving public at least.
They are brave people indeed. Heroes actually and I wonder how long it will be before everyone accepts that.
Not too far away I believe!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

A51Watcher,amazing thread.Thanks for all the information you gave us.

Here is a pdf from an FBI report,back then.

www.theblackvault.com...

And again thank you.S+F

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Now this is what I'd call a quality thread. Great work!

You've renewed my interest in the Roswell incident, as you've shown there's more to this story than initially thought.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51Watcher
Yes as you can see Kieth (Rowell) does very good work.

Oregon UFO History
oregonmufon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join