It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican's Talking Boycott of Heinz (Stupid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All right I am a Republican but even I am ashamed of this one. The topic on W. Ketsup www.abovetopsecret.com... got me digging around to see if it really was a concerted effort to boycott heinz. I spoke to some people I know and much to my shock they are trying to organize a grass roots effort to do just that.

How F*&^%& stupid can you be. The Heinz Corporation donates mostly to Republicans 85% to 15%. Kerry wife has no control over the company and it does what it wants period. You can look up thier contributions and who they went to at www.opensecrets.org...

[edit on 10-7-2004 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It�s amazing what extremes people will go to no matter how infantile, I must say this one to date takes the cake, it�s better than TV

[edit on 10-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Talk about biting the hand that feeds ya.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
How F*&^%& stupid can you be. The Heinz Corporation donates mostly to Republicans 85% to 15%. Kerry wife has no control over the company and it does what it wants period. You can look up thier contributions and who they went to at www.opensecrets.org...

Yes, it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that the company of Republican Senator John Heinz (deceased), has nothing to do with Kerry's campaign and remains a strong RNC supporter... but it's more fun to not correct people and watch them lead knee jerk boycotts like You don't support Democrats, why should your Ketchup? (pit restricted)

Considering the recent impact of other Republican led boycotts like the doomed Reagen miniseries, it's not surprising unscroupulous manufacturers (like W Ketchup) would jump on the opportunity to exploit our nations most vunerable media victims - the angry electorate - in order to make a buck.

But why this works so well on the Conservative mindset is beyond me. I suppose it's because there's practically NOTHING a liberal can successfully boycott. Gas? Oil? Medicine? Healthcare? Insurance?
I contribute to the RNC every day of my life. We all do. It's just how the machine is rigged.

But if a conservative finds out 1/1000 of a penny from their purchase should ever find it's way to a Democrats coffer...oh, hell no.

They freak out like they've just been violated without the benefit of dinner and a movie. Come on....liberals are just as financially raped as conservatives feel. So a fraction of your paycheck goes to feed a poor person, just as a huge chunk of mine goes to support an oil war and a million other things I disagree with. Boo hoo.

At least some portion of every single thing you buy doesn't go to support a party of corporate shills you find morally reprehensible as practically every single thing I buy does.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
odd since heinz gives republicans more money than democrats.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Republicans are looking more and more desperate. Some of the rhetoric and maneuvers, since the Edwards' pick have been pretty crazy..this one is downright ludicrous. Of course, most politics is ludicrous

joey

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not only does Heinz support the RNC, I believe Therasa Kerry was a moderate Rep till Kerry decided to run for Pres.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Man Heinz 57 is delicious why would anyone want to boycott that?

Heinz 57 > A-1, in all circles.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Man Heinz 57 is delicious why would anyone want to boycott that?
Heinz 57 > A-1, in all circles.

Agreed! Like I said its a stupid boycott. However, maybe the W. Catsup will have cult appeal like billy beer

new topics

top topics

join