It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder i

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Like I said, 'open to interpretation.'

Now it is but when the case was first reported it was huge. One of the torture victims was actually a victim from the Congo where his family were killed and he came to the UK as a child refugee.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

ILCBL

Firstly, I look at the total situation. There are occasions where people put themselves in positions unnecessarly so and the oppositie of course. You make an assumption about my decisoin making processes which is a little off....

However regarding my colleague, I think your spot on with depression........ it is a hard one to illustrate to people who do not want to see it..

Your reply gives me hope about you..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I disagree with you on a number of issues but you are not so bad yourself. At least you care about your colleague which is a good sign,

Incidentally try never to blame a victim especially since there are predators in this world. And predators either find victims or create them.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There was a shooting about 2 miles from my house the other day, a man got shot dead but no witnesses; people do not want to risk their own lives to help a stranger. Harsh truth, and its so easy to get guns. I'm 17, and with 2/3 phone calls I could get a gun for 200£, which is not a lot of money if you sell drugs (average wage of minimum 100£ a day for a schoolkid in London)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I would like to dedicate this wonderful song to the guys and gals I have had fun with on this thread this weekend. While it is a fun song in keeping with "le nom de mon avatar", it is something we should reflect on when considering police informers and the inevitable tribulations they will face.

Good night dear friends;

edit on 16-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Ok, I misunderstood. My apologies. You're absolutely right that police should be held to a higher standard. The popularity of these shirts is due to a serious crime that took place. Makes my blood boil.

I can honestly say that I have a lot of cop friends and none of them have ever been disciplined for inappropriate actions. It's unfortunate that there are some bad apples.What the unions are mainly there for is to protect the officer against the administration.I could sit here and type for hours about how some of the administrations have mistreated the officers.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well seeing as our police are picked for their size and not inteligence. I guess they need every snitch they can get. Most police just cruise arround giving people tickets, for any thing they can. So that they can earn the system money. And when you look at things like protests, they are always beating the chit out of any one they can. They are supposed to protect the public. Instead they beat and abuse them. In many yorkshire villages they are still disliked for what they did to the miners. Just govt thugs and if the snitches stop helping them, then not many crimes will be solved.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Well seeing as our police are picked for their size and not inteligence. I guess they need every snitch they can get. Most police just cruise arround giving people tickets, for any thing they can. So that they can earn the system money. And when you look at things like protests, they are always beating the chit out of any one they can. They are supposed to protect the public. Instead they beat and abuse them. In many yorkshire villages they are still disliked for what they did to the miners. Just govt thugs and if the snitches stop helping them, then not many crimes will be solved.

Reading past the anti police sentiment....you are in favor of cooperating with a police investigation or a proponent of the no snitching movement?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join