It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder i

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder inquiry

www.d ailymail.co.uk

Flyers encouraging people not to hand over information to police have been posted on an estate where a teenager was shot dead.

The leaflets advertise a website - Stop Snitching - which urges potential informants to refuse to co-operate with the authorities.

It also urged people not to trust Trident, which investigates gun crime in London and has particular expertise in black gunmen and victims.

The leaflets have been left around the Pelican Estate, in Peckham, south east London, where 17-yea
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I live in London and have done voluntary work in the evenings for various charitable organisations for a few years several years ago.

During the years I helped out at youth centres, at a well known UK homeless youth charity and at night basketball tournaments many of the young people, who where only a few years younger than me, lived in another world to me and my peers. While we went to college and looked to a hopeful future, inner city youth I shared time with lived hard and callous lives riddled with peer imposed rules that robbed them of living a principled life.

In my time, young people in the inner city were tribal and observed a pecking order with the most bombastic and boorish being top dogs. The majority of young people were bullied and lived fearful lives in their on community. On top of this the largest gang in the community, the police, ran roughshod over the youth. The police often targeted young people and I heard of tales of police officers making individual young people targets for criminalising. The police would hound and use informers to track individual eighteen year olds with minor juvenile records known to them fitted up with an adult criminal record as quickly as possible.

The police even had associations with prominent criminal gangs such as with the families of the killers of Stephen Lawrence for whom they undermined their own investigation of the crime.

Even today various right wing groups, fascist orgs like the Community Safety Trust run private armies for streets actions, intimidation and demonstrations against the activist community with the assistance of the Police.

Police officers are known for offering enforcement services, get protection money from drug dealers and rape vulnerable women who have been caught for minor crimes associated with poverty.

Basically if you live in the inner city and give information to the police, you will be exposed by criminal police officer for no other reason but malicious intent. It is better to keep your counsel in the inner city; it is nothing like the genteel countryside where even the police are well mannered.

www.d ailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

You should see what the police have did to me in london for nearly 19 years.

I bet you all over this country the police are down the pubs at weekends planning crimes against people the locals hate but have done nothing.

the lowest of the low work for them, and just imagine if they did this to me, what they do all over london, and they just target anyone, especially people there friends hate.

On topic, i would not be surprised if people think this alot. Amazing the police are supposed to stop crime, but i think they are only out there to create it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The young people I worked with said the same thing as you. The feeling I got was that every police offer sat on three or four civilians whom the kept track and organised paid snitches to watch them. I surmise that they use these kids as personal career builders or to keep their arrest records up.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes keep your mouth shut, snitches get stitches. Dry snitching is worse. TPTB do not cae about you or your safety they only care abou continuing the ruse of social order.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

What is dry snitching?

Is that like giving fake information on innocent people for pay?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Amazing the police are supposed to stop crime, but i think they are only out there to create it.

It's not in the police best interest to stop crime.

A hell of a lot of people would be out of jobs.

London cops really do have the mentality that all people are criminals that just haven't been caught yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With all the comments of police corruption, we still need to address the one basic fact presented here.
If you witness a crime, should it be reported or should the perpetrater of said crime be allowed to continue committing crimes.

If you witness a rape would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness a murder, would yu keep your mouth shut?
If you witness shoplifting would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness auto theft, would you keep your mouth shut?

Different level crimes so we can see where the line should be drawn.

Then imagine you were the victim, or a loved one.
If your daughter was raped, and there was a witness, would you want them to keep their mouth shut?
Extarpolate this formula as far as you need to.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I don't think rapists and civilian killers will be get much cover from communities. It is just inner city people see the police as one gang among many.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No thats like what rappers do when they speak of crime in the urban setting. Basically talking to gotdamn much is drysnitching. It is bad for the streets and makes the police come down harder on the poor for no reason. Remember everyone is a criminal until proven otherwise....... its not supposed to go that way I know but hey it is the reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

I don't think rapists and civilian killers will be get much cover from communities. It is just inner city people see the police as one gang among many.

That is my point, where would the 'no snitching' crowd draw the line?
It is real easy to say "dont cooperate with the police' when the victim is a stranger, but when the victim is a loved one, where is the line drawn?

Can we expect the 'no snitchers' to be intellectually honest enough here?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

In an urban setting a rapist is a dead man if caught by the people, an informant of a rapist is usually the victim or the victim's close family. Rapists get killed in jail, let alone the streets. Snichin is when you drop a dime on someone to get out of a mess you made, which is cowardly.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc

In an urban setting a rapist is a dead man if caught by the people, an informant of a rapist is usually the victim or the victim's close family. Rapists get killed in jail, let alone the streets. Snichin is when you drop a dime on someone to get out of a mess you made, which is cowardly.

So snitching is only considered snitching when it has a selfish reason?
If an upstanding citizen witnesses a crime and reports it unsolicited to the police, that is not considered snitching and is ok?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
With all the comments of police corruption, we still need to address the one basic fact presented here.
If you witness a crime, should it be reported or should the perpetrater of said crime be allowed to continue committing crimes.

If you witness a rape would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness a murder, would yu keep your mouth shut?
If you witness shoplifting would you keep your mouth shut?
If you witness auto theft, would you keep your mouth shut?

Different level crimes so we can see where the line should be drawn.

Then imagine you were the victim, or a loved one.
If your daughter was raped, and there was a witness, would you want them to keep their mouth shut?
Extarpolate this formula as far as you need to.

The 1st one deserves immediate action. The 2nd is none of my business. The 3rd is none of my business. The 4th is none of my business, unless its my car, then a bat, sword or a gun is in order; cops are better off cleaning up messes. Cmon they work so hard, I rather give them coffee and say "it was him or me".

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Hope

The police have spent 19 years trying to ge me to commit a crime, but not one.

The police go after people for there friends, that the only crimes they solve, they are like some sort of serial killer hire group in london.

They have literally never solved any crimes against our family, and i suspect alot of the crimes where organised by the police themselves, as they just targeted my life since i was at school.

Must be great for the police and friends at weekend planning a vendetta against someone they do not like.
Thats what the police in london spend there time doing.

They only will solve crimes for friends of theres.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Upstanding citizen? WTF is that? If someone reports a crime it isnt snitching it is looking out for their neighborhood or their "world"; yeah some ppl care I guess. But when you turn states evidence because youre looking at football numbers you are a coward and what is wrong with the game.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

how have you decided which is of your business?
I am trying to find out where the line should be drawn.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Principle... Rape is not something anyone can deserve. Murder is best left alone or you can be next, you never know what is the reason for that. Shoplifting, cmon really ? Thats not my merchandise and that person is already taking a risk from the shop owner, they could just rob the place and shoot everybody. Grand theft, well cmon there is insurance and that person might need the money to avoid th 2nd situation.

Calling the police is not themove in the urban city. You get seen doing that and you become a suual suspect when certain criminal elements are looking for a snitch. You your family and your property are at risk. A lot of times the cops are the ones who need to be snitched on, lol yeah do that and get found in a garbage can with your head missing from your body.

THAT IS ALL THE REASON YOU NEED NOT TO SNITCH!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

Ok we have fone's opinion here, and again it related to police corruption.

What is everyone else opinion here, i think it would take more than one opinion to determine where the line stands.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by fonenyc

how have you decided which is of your business?
I am trying to find out where the line should be drawn.

I have to say, you are more than a little patronising. You are treating us like fools because you think we are unjustly accusing the police of being criminal.

Let me make it clear to you, more than a few police officers in London are criminals. I am saying criminal as in raping, robbing and murdering. There are other crimes against people's good name and freedom but it is just day to day jam.

You ask where to draw the line; you draw the line at your enemy. You draw the line at the police, you draw the line at rapists, murderers, burglars, muggers.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join