It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stop snitching': Flyers posted on shooting estate warn residents not to help police with murder i

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Intimidation makes the world go round....
Think about it,
I have experienced the hospitality of the RCMP. and can attest to their crude attempts to torture a confession out of me for a crime i had no way committed.
Not only that, but when i demanded there be an investigation, guess who investigated....yep the RCMP!
naturally they found no wrong doing.....even though i was held in solitary confinement for fouteen days, and allowed no medical treatment for my serious medical condition.
Oh after making a deal with them, they did take me to the emergency ward.
The police are chosen for their traits a bullies, that is the psyche profile they target for recruiting.
These are low life scum to start with, so what do you expect from them after putting them in uniform?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Yeah, I pretty much agree with fone. I was raised out in the country, but I was still taught to keep my mouth shut, my head down, and mind my own business.

Ironically, part of my upbringing was an intense distrust of police. Most cops are okay for most things, but you still gotta be careful.
edit on 14-1-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar

Ironically, part of my upbringing was an intense distrust of police. Most cops are okay for most things, but you still gotta be careful.
edit on 14-1-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

I think that is obviously the root of your mindset and possibly most others.
If you are taught to distrust the police, how do you break that kind of lesson?

Dont get me wrong, you are entitled to your opinion, and I think I probably needed to express that more in this thread. If I have offended anyone, no offense intended.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by ReadyPower

Some grow up poor with an abusive alcoholic parent with a grandparent who was an alcoholic that took their own life. These same people look at what is going on around them and decide to make a difference by changing the path their family is on.

Those same people grow to become something that people never thought they could because of their past. People can make their own life what it is. Everyone has a chance it is about caring more about putting your community first and self second. Those who commit crime because they are "trapped" in the life are focusing on self before community.

Crime hurts the community and helps self. Doing what one can to make life better for the community helps not only others but themselves as well.

Personal responsibility is a thing that goes a long way but was been brushed aside by a feeling of entitlement.

Raist

Oh yeah, please give me some examples of people, from the ghetto... aside from rappers, who have "changed their path" .........

your exact quote "These same people look at what is going on around them and decide to make a difference by changing the path their family is on."
so please, educate me on all these people who "changed their path" via education...
edit on 15-1-2011 by ReadyPower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yes and what became of Tupac. I was a bit of a lad and fought with everyone including the police. It was the 1970s. Even the gentle Elton John had a hit called "Saturday night is all right for fighting".

And yet we had a crude sense of honour as we never involved "civilians".Others did. But as others have pointed out these are our communities being decimated by thugs. THe police have their bad eggs and I have seen the mindset but they can be the lesser of the two evils.

If some people's post in this thread are correct then we are doomed. We either move out or form private militia.
I say try the police.

I tried the e-mail address given by the daily mail but got nowhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is how good the government can protect you...

www.foxnews.com...

A federal witness in a major drug case was killed just hours before he was to be placed into a witness protection program. Things went horribly wrong on Jan. 5, when Corry Thomas was shot and killed in front of his sister's home in Ecorse, Mich., MyFoxDetroit reports. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
This is how good the government can protect you...

www.foxnews.com...

A federal witness in a major drug case was killed just hours before he was to be placed into a witness protection program. Things went horribly wrong on Jan. 5, when Corry Thomas was shot and killed in front of his sister's home in Ecorse, Mich., MyFoxDetroit reports. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Witnesses get killed when the officers assigned to them sell their details to criminals.

Putting your trust in the police is a suicidal act.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Let me share a bit here.

My Parents told me that they came from poor-great stock. My Grandparents were farmers on one side and the other my other grand parents had one senior policeman and his wife.

Poor great was my social class. Poor great are those who are working class but refuse to accept their lot. They study and work hard hold down two jobs etc. They do not get into crime. As a bolshy yoof in the 70s who recently came back from South America (the only English speaking country therein). I made a simple deal with my then single mum. I thought "I will do whatever I damn well like provided in does not make the police come to Mum's house". I also tried like hell to get a Saturday job. At school I put up with the casual racism of teachers and still got to University in 1978.

I should have been a posterboy for the Tories but became a Trot because I believed in the working class based on my experiences.

The yardy thing is something that needs to be understood. Sure there are yardies but not everyone speaking in Jamaican Patois even have Jamaican ancestry. Even in the 70s I met several people from my own country had adopted the Jamaican Street style.

Young people have a so many more opportunities nowadays they can get involved and get a proper life.

I think that hypermasculinity in the inner cities is a massive problem.

The police are our only hope unless we are willing to make a sensible stance and work with the police.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Yes and what became of Tupac. I was a bit of a lad and fought with everyone including the police. It was the 1970s. Even the gentle Elton John had a hit called "Saturday night is all right for fighting".

And yet we had a crude sense of honour as we never involved "civilians".Others did. But as others have pointed out these are our communities being decimated by thugs. THe police have their bad eggs and I have seen the mindset but they can be the lesser of the two evils.

If some people's post in this thread are correct then we are doomed. We either move out or form private militia.
I say try the police.

I tried the e-mail address given by the daily mail but got nowhere.

I disagree with that one, I'm much more nervous around a group of cops than I would be surrounded by a group of "thugs." At least if you're getting beat by a gang you can fight back, you'll get years for resisting arrest if you try to fight back against a cop.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by King_John

Yes but most thugs do not do anything with their fists. They want to "jook you inna yu chest" or "give you a wet".
Or even "put a cap in yo ass". The police have not quite got that bad.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Does this link do anything for you?

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

lot of what feels like good observation here
I experienced a part of London like you describe, young children being indoctrinated and abused, scared, fearful

parents barely scraping by plagued with their own 'social issues'
the cost to the human being trapped in that place is horrendous - I weep for them
the cost to tax=payers is huge, social workers , police, mental health workers
the police..unsure... I have met some very dumb ones...ppl you would call racist, rapists just like demographics of an average area
some were decent and appeared educated, loving with children of thier own
law is serious business, maybe all police should be university educated, this filters out most 'baddies' like with the teachers and doctors - most of who are the best people on the planet

btw - why do you like the cat bin lady? do you condone animal cruelty? or is it a joke of her madness?
edit on 15-1-2011 by maxinsurrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by maxinsurrey

Why on earth should the police be university educated?

So you think you should recruit from a group with little real world experience?

You think you should recruit from a group that is unlikely to contain people from the very areas where the problem lies?

You dont think this would enforce the 'them and us' attitude?

There is no easy fix and recruiting your police force from an elite group is not one. It needs to be representative of the comunity it serves but with the attitude towards the police shown by some here that aint happening anytime soon. As I said before a self fullfilling prophecy.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What makes me laugh is i went to school for one year in ireland when i was a kid, and the only bully i encountered there is now a policeman in ireland, lol.

Like i said the scum end up in the police, and thats the system.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I agree. I have met as much bigots at university as on the street and that was in the good old days. Now that everyone in their teens seems to be going to uni I don't think that is the answer. And even if you go in with a degree believe me they hate you for it!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
1. witnessing a murder = NEVER EVEN CONSIDERING TOUCHING THE PHONE! Just walk away and try to remain unnoticed as a potential witness. Reporting a murder is the WORST thing a citizen can do, BY FAR! By doing that you put yourself AND YOUR FAMILY on the top of the murders hit list to keep him free.

2. w/ a rape= This would be a little harder to decide, I think I would call the cops in this case, rape is performed usually by weirdos that I don't feel threatened by at all and I don't put my family in danger.

3w/ a shoplift = Lol never, I would just laugh and walk by. Stores buy things in bulk and buy enough to cover the losses from theft [called SHRINK] so its not the end of the world for said store, and it is the stores duty to watch their products. Plus in an economic depression, being a thief is a survival talent, I've been in situations in my life where I did not know where my next meal would be, and its my fault if i get caught right? NOW IM NOT SAYING SHOPLIFTING IS RIGHT OR POSITIVE, BECAUSE ITS NOT, but what I am saying is I understand the need to shoplift.

4. w/ a grand theft auto = This one would be hard, I don't really think calling the cops would even help, due to the fact that you would never be able to tell who did it, all you could tell the cops is "said car was stolen by a shady person on said st. " even though the cops could find the car, its more likely the car thief is long gone, unless he is an idiot then he would of gotten caught anyways

Police officers are trusted with too much power with zero leash at all, I say if an officer is allowed to have that much power, then said officer should be forced to wear uniforms that record video/audio of everything around the officer, with an investment for cameras/mics for all our officers, i would bet all I have that the number of cops in the country begins to decline rapidly. How could an officer refuse these installments in his uniform? If he says no then why? he should be correct right, and if he is the video/audio would prove that, but if he was bad, we get to see the actual truth.

But the govt is more busy spending 900B on warfare, if they would spend like 2B on cameras it would sure help out, and maybe gain some trust with its citizens again.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

I don't think rapists and civilian killers will be get much cover from communities. It is just inner city people see the police as one gang among many.

So you think the killer who organised the fly posting that is the content of your OP did it all by him/ herself. And you believe he/she will get caught and convicted rather quickly due to his community not giving him much cover.

That's great news. so we needn't be concerned about this murder case because the community is about to give him up any second now...any second.......annyy sssecond...Now...ok maybe they're waiting until after lunch.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So true, if you witness a murder or rape, don't snitch. Just keep your mouth shut and move on with your life. No point in sticking your head out for someone you don't know, and the victim may not be so innocent anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by fonenyc

Ok we have fone's opinion here, and again it related to police corruption.

What is everyone else opinion here, i think it would take more than one opinion to determine where the line stands.

Personal opinion? If you see a crime and decide to do nothing then if a crime is commited against you then don't expect anyone to help you, but of course at that point you will be the first to cry that how come everyone saw the crime but no-one came forward.
The flyers this thread is about weren't put up by 'the community', they are warnings from criminals that anyone who stands as a witness against them will suffer reprisals.
There are people on here who think forces of law are corrupt by nature - I don't agree but that's their prerogotive, but it seems they are happy for the real criminals in 'the society' to make the rules. That's your choice, it isn't mine.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

So true, if you witness a murder or rape, don't snitch. Just keep your mouth shut and move on with your life. No point in sticking your head out for someone you don't know, and the victim may not be so innocent anyways.

I hope you or your family are never victims of crime where someone who could have bought the criminal to justice - perhaps prior to committing the crime against you/your family decided to look the other way.

Talk about denying ignorance!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join